test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Star Trek Adventures: U.S.S. Pathfinder Episode 3

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
edited February 2018 in Galactic News Network [PC]
The developers of STO return to Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures tomorrow night at 6 pm PT, for a new round of the adventures of the USS Pathfinder!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10817224

Comments

• Options
    rynax1987rynax1987 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Why is the captain of the U.S.S. Pathfinder wearing a visor? clearly there is new tech out, that allowed captain Laforge to replace his visor. I am also sure the new implants are most likely better then the visor.

Can you explain this?
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    rynax1987 wrote: »
    Why is the captain of the U.S.S. Pathfinder wearing a visor? clearly there is new tech out, that allowed captain Laforge to replace his visor. I am also sure the new implants are most likely better then the visor.

Can you explain this?

He likes it.
  • Options
    turkeysandvichsturkeysandvichs Member Posts: 17 Arc User

Can you explain this?

He likes it.

Good enough for me :)
  • Options
    jesterdavid#0862 jesterdavid Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Did they ever release a write-up for the homebrewed Pathfinder class?
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Can you explain this?

He likes it.
    Also maybe the visor model he has gives better scan data than the smaller implants? Geordi often mentioned that his visor let him see things most couldn't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jrq2jrq2 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    Wow, episode 3, is the Dev team that bored of STO that they would rather participate and promote a non Cryptic and PWE game.

I don't know whats worse, The Dev team continuing this game or the fact that the audience would rather watch something else other than STO.

If I were a Dev, I would be personally offended that people would rather spend time in someone else's game than the one I worked on.

That's like going to a fancy restaurant and bringing someone else's food to eat.

The very limited time they have to promote the game on live stream and they choose to play something Non Cryptic or PWE related.

Well, at least this helps explain why the game seems so dead.

Everyone is spending their money on Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures instead of this game.

Great job guys.

• Options
    jesterdavid#0862 jesterdavid Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    jrq2 wrote: »
    Wow, episode 3, is the Dev team that bored of STO that they would rather participate and promote a non Cryptic and PWE game.

I don't know whats worse, The Dev team continuing this game or the fact that the audience would rather watch something else other than STO.

If I were a Dev, I would be personally offended that people would rather spend time in someone else's game than the one I worked on.

That's like going to a fancy restaurant and bringing someone else's food to eat.

The very limited time they have to promote the game on live stream and they choose to play something Non Cryptic or PWE related.

Well, at least this helps explain why the game seems so dead.

Everyone is spending their money on Modiphius' Star Trek Adventures instead of this game.

Great job guys.
    What?!

The game is almost certainly played in their off hours and has zero effect on STO. It's a bunch of work friends playing a game for fun in a universe they like. (Because after a full work week, they almost certainly do not want to touch STO.)

And while Cryptic is promoting Modophius, Modiphius can certainly promote STO as well. Cooperating between licence partners is a good thing. Plus, it makes STO visible to fans of STA, encouraging them to try the game.

And I don't know about you, but I spend a lot of time mining Dilithium. It's nice to have something to listen to. Why not this?
    And it's not like I want to spend all my free hours playing STO. I listen to things as I cook, and when on the treadmill at the gym, which are places I can't be STOing.

You want to take a shot at the game for seeming dead. That's fine. But find a decent reason. Don't come after people for having a social life and company for being cool enough to promote the side activities of their workers.
  • Options
    I know it's more about the merch placement than customer satisfaction or gaming experience nowdays, but this is really too much of the bad stuff.

I remember when we could watch STO live streams from devs or community managers, you know, real Cryptic employees. What happened to those more interesting times?

I'd actually wait for it and watch Borticus running a live stream on Holodeck with us mere mortals with no dev magic and would probably enjoy his reaction to bugs encountered far more then this obsolete form of entertainment that I personally abandoned over 25 years ago, about the time when real time strategies became a thing. (And for those into family fun, you'd not believe how fun family LAN real time strategies are compared to board games... even a round of broken PvE map in STO is more fun than a board game.)

Also, n00bs might even learn something from someone who claims to know how this game works so it'd be a win-win - playerbase learning and dev encountering a bug that would need addressing.

There's a livestream in the game every single Wednesday at 4, hosted by a community manager with a different developer guest almost every week.
  • Options
    jheinigjheinig Member Posts: 364 Cryptic Developer
    What I love about running the U.S.S. Pathfinder game is that I get to use things that I also work on in STO. I get to play STO at home, work on it during the day, and use its stories and content to help craft the material that then shows up in the tabletop game where I get to have a good time with my co-workers, celebrating the Star Trek stories that we all love. Wins all around!
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Wouldn't it be better for STO if the devs just did a proper livestream of them playing STO on their personal accounts together with the community doing episodes and maybe leveling up characters they haven't leveled yet?

Oh, that's right.....the devs doesn't want to show off how broken the game has become. If the devs think I'm wrong, they can prove me wrong. I know another game where the devs get together on livestream with their community and actually play their own game with their players. That might help give one reason why it's remains in STEAM's top 10 played games of all time. STO can't say that so that might show something there.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be better for STO if the devs just did a proper livestream of them playing STO on their personal accounts together with the community doing episodes and maybe leveling up characters they haven't leveled yet?

Oh, that's right.....the devs doesn't want to show off how broken the game has become. If the devs think I'm wrong, they can prove me wrong. I know another game where the devs get together on livestream with their community and actually play their own game with their players. That might help give one reason why it's remains in STEAM's top 10 played games of all time. STO can't say that so that might show something there.
    considering that one of the most common things Kael does in this regular livestreams is play the game on this personal account, I think your barking up the wrong tree there.
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Heaven forbid the devs do something with their lives besides work on and/or show off STO directly.

There's already a weekly stream frequently visited by one (sometimes more) devs featuring live gameplay and community events. I don't think an occasional stream featuring something that's not STO but still Star Trek is all that terrible or irresponsible a thing to do.

It's like complaining about a construction worker, to his face, for building bird houses on his days off. It just makes you an TRIBBLE.
  • Options
    There's a livestream in the game every single Wednesday at 4, hosted by a community manager with a different developer guest almost every week.
    I stand corrected. If that was advertised on the game loader like the board game, I'd probably have known about that. Social media I don't use anymore so if it ain't on the loader or news list on the game's own news page, I don't know about it. And also at least 5 other players I play STO with don't know either.

I'm usually sleeping by then because it's 1 am at my local time when the livestream runs so putting an archived copy would be nice.
    It's on the launcher because Jesse Heinig has the ability to authorize it. :p

In case anyone was wondering Meghan Eridian is the name of one of my captains.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options

I stand corrected. If that was advertised on the game loader like the board game, I'd probably have known about that. Social media I don't use anymore so if it ain't on the loader or news list on the game's own news page, I don't know about it. And also at least 5 other players I play STO with don't know either.

I'm usually sleeping by then because it's 1 am at my local time when the livestream runs so putting an archived copy would be nice.

Sorry man, but it is on the launcher. Every Wednesday.
  • Options
    If you missed it, here's the episode! Thanks to everyone who tuned in, we had a lot of fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSL83gUIVIs
  • Options
    veilisveilis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Honestly, I would SERIOUSLY love it if we could get authorized ship writeups for the various classes STO has added to the franchise and its secondary canon. The sample ship classes in the core book are all well and good, but the variety STO has generated over eight years sparks my creative interest.
  • Options
    veilis wrote: »
    Honestly, I would SERIOUSLY love it if we could get authorized ship writeups for the various classes STO has added to the franchise and its secondary canon. The sample ship classes in the core book are all well and good, but the variety STO has generated over eight years sparks my creative interest.
    Mmm.... Enemy and playable data? sounds like a full supplementary manual worth of stuff. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    In case anyone was wondering what Eridian looks like, here is a picture of her from one of her trips to Bajor:
    screenshot_2014_08_10_18_48_33_by_marhawkman-d7umxtr.jpg
    Heh, I added a caption to it when i originally uploaded it:
    "Greetings people of Bajor, I'm from the Dominion, and I'm here to help."
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    veilisveilis Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Mmm.... Enemy and playable data? sounds like a full supplementary manual worth of stuff. :p

Absolutely, but worth it to be able to fly a properly kitted Odyssey class in a tabletop game.