test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Lingua Iconia"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
How did the Romulan Republic resurrect ancient Dewan technology for the modern world? Find out in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10804984

Comments

• Options
    r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    A pretty good read while patchin', that being said this text describes how the RR came up with the idea of resurrecting Dewan technology to integrate it into their own. It doesn't really describe how they integrated that technology.

In the next episode, I hope :smiley:

Good job!
  • Options
    czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Nice to see the Obelisk again, it's a cool design and a great carrier. Good story as well, though resurrecting Dewan technology still seems more of a joint Alliance project than a Romulan Republic unique project.
  • Options
    czechmark wrote: »
    ... resurrecting Dewan technology still seems more of a joint Alliance project than a Romulan Republic unique project.

It is quite plausible that the Republic is playing a role in the Joint Alliance project in order to discretely sabotage it. This would allow secret Romulan Republic research into the subject, hidden from the prying eyes of their allies.

They are Romulans after all, let's not fool ourselves people!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I'd put it that the Republic shared the data, but their allies didn't use it to build something.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    That's racist! :smiley:

Nah, the Romulans are responsible for their own reputation. It's like saying a Ferengi will only befriend you if he can turn it into a profitable acquisition. It's a fact of life, Romulans are treacherous.

• Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    I love these glimpses into the inner working of STO ships, it helps them to bring them to life. Wish they did it for all of them.
  • Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    r0m#7631 wrote: »

Nah, the Romulans are responsible for their own reputation. It's like saying a Ferengi will only befriend you if he can turn it into a profitable acquisition. It's a fact of life, Romulans are treacherous.

If the Romulans were responsible for their own reputation, they'd add a ground set. [/metajoke]
  • Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Best fiction blog so far imho :) Please continue the great work and give us even more of these! Specifically @Jesse Heinig
  • Options
    thatsgottahurtthatsgottahurt Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    ... resurrecting Dewan technology still seems more of a joint Alliance project than a Romulan Republic unique project.

It is quite plausible that the Republic is playing a role in the Joint Alliance project in order to discretely sabotage it. This would allow secret Romulan Republic research into the subject, hidden from the prying eyes of their allies.

They're not a race, they're a species.

In any case, I really enjoy reading these stories. I hope they keep it up.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User

They're not a race, they're a species.

In any case, I really enjoy reading these stories. I hope they keep it up.

I like my species the way it is.
    d0cbed8a7df8364f251f76965577a51b--star-trek-the-star.jpg
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.