test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Best way to acquire a Bug Ship.

I've had the Jem Dreadnought carrier since the days of the old ESD back when it first came to the game. I as the title implies don't have a bug ship to get the frigate pets with because of the requirement to own a bug ship. (This is not a thread about calling the requirement stupid/asking for it to be removed)

Bug ships have always been way too expensive on the exchange for me and I think the only one up there now is like the exchange cap. So I was thinking about either R & D promo packs or getting a UR token from the Phoenix Packs. My question is which one could be more fruitful/has better odds of success

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Well it cost less to get the one from the Phoenix Box, as you only use dilithium, but it will take you longer than from the exchange, i got mine from the PLBX, when I got a epic token... and i just got the 10 pack.. but your luck may vary..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Well it cost less to get the one from the Phoenix Box, as you only use dilithium, but it will take you longer than from the exchange, i got mine from the PLBX, when I got a epic token... and i just got the 10 pack.. but your luck may vary..
    PLBX?
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Promo packs have a 1/100 chance of winning. I don't know phoenix pack odds but I have won 2 ultra rare tokens and I haven't opened nearly as many phoenix packs as most people have.

I think you're better off saving up for a T6 bugship. It's the only way to guarantee that you'll actually get it instead of just counting on getting lucky.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,514 Arc User
    I got mine (T5 version) for the Dread frigates from the Phoenix Pack.

The Phoenix tech upgrades are the second-best in the game, after the free Omega Tech ones available right now. In 10 packs, they cost less in dil than using Superior Tech Upgrades and don't require any mats. That's at the 4,000 dil per rate, before taking into account all the extra upgrades you get from rare and better tokens (at least +50% based on several hundred boxes).
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    I got one from the Phoenix lockbox (as well as two Voth Bulwarks), so i'd say this is indeed your best bet.
  • Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Watch the exchange and buy one that way. Don't forget the reward package that lets you pick your ship. Those are often cheaper than the ships. It's still going to cost you a lot!
  • Options
    PLBX?

Phoenix LockBoX... its faster :wink:
  • Options
    tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    Watch the exchange and buy one that way. Don't forget the reward package that lets you pick your ship. Those are often cheaper than the ships. It's still going to cost you a lot!

Is there one currently that offers a bug ship and if so what one?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Phoenix LockBoX... its faster :wink:

Phoenix lockbox??? i suposse you mean Phoenix prize pack, right? because there is no phoenix lockbox.. lol.

Sorry, yeah, you are absolutely right, I'm on a low caffeine diet... :wink:

There is no ship selection package, that's bound to account, you must select the ship you want, to be put on the exchange.. :neutral:
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User

Yes, it's called [Special Requisition Choice Pack - Jem'Hadar Attack Ship [T6]]. It seems the fact that it's lesser known than the ships themselves is why it's often cheaper than the ships you can get from it.

There is no ship selection package, that's bound to account, you must select the ship you want, to be put on the exchange.. :neutral:

cmLZhMd.png

Nah, the T6 JHAS choice box is still tradable and is usually cheaper than the ships themselves. 23rd and 26th century promo ship choice boxes are also commonly found for less than the price of the ships that come from them. It's a little counter-intuitive, but it is what it is.
    /channel_join grind