test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is star trek online planning to repeat temporal agents?

Or is that it, every one who coming back to the game who missed it is out of luck and wont be able to get all the new space traits?

Answers

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I haven't heard anything about it, but it would be nice if they repeat them once in awhile. I could use one on my F2P acct.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I would include delta recruit as well I mean we got the temporal agent hanging out at space dock and the kaboli plant in the gamma quadrant so are these places and npc's obsolete other then for earning delta marks?

Seems to me if they went through all the trouble to put that in game they would rerun the event again at some point including temporal agents unless i missed the point somewhere and they are one and the same event, somehow I'm left with the impression they were separate events...unless I'm confused about it because i did not complete tier five in crafting in the temporal gadget they gave me in delta recruit but completed everything else...i did have to create a new character and can't imagine they would require us to do that yet again, am I totally confused or was it two actual separate events requiring us to create a new character yet again?
  • Options
    gjohnny1990gjohnny1990 Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    I'm really hoping one day they repeat the delta recruit event, but I'm glad I caught the temporal agent one at least.
  • Options
    Not trying to to be a jerk, but I'm pretty discusted the events are not offered to returning players who are logging for the first time after be away for a time from the game we all do have real life stuff to take care of you know.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I haven't heard anything first-hand from official sources, but people around the forums keep saying the devs don't intend to replay any of the recruitment events.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    I would suggest they just leave it open the full season so players can catch it.
    or repeat it twice during the same season at least.
    Not all events but events that significantly alter you're players traits or skills they should leave open the full season I think or repeat it twice so those who missed it can get in on it, stuff like the tng event I could see them doing that once a year as an annual.
  • Options
    trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    It would be even better if it could be played from the KDF perspective.
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • Options
    jrdobbsjr#3264 jrdobbsjr Member Posts: 431 Arc User
    > @cylus566 said:
    > Or is that it, every one who coming back to the game who missed it is out of luck and wont be able to get all the new space traits?

Pretty much, unfortunately. Doesn't look like we'll get the Delta event on console. Thankfully we did get the Temporal event.
  • Options
    detheaterdetheater Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I doubt that they will ever replay either the delta or temporal recruit promos based on Cryptic's track record. This belief is based on what they have said and done since they switched the holiday ships over to being unique to that year only and making them unable to be slotted in following years like you could when I first started playing STO.

What I end up seeing happen is that we will probably get future recruitment events for new characters. I would probably be willing to lay a bet that there will be Hur'q Defense Recruit event (low odds currently but still something I could see lol). I also could see them adding some of the advanced traits or items you get from the past events to infinity lock boxes or the phoenix lock box some time in the future, but I doubt you will ever be able to get all of the perks from running the event on any new or missed accounts.

As for the agents you speak to at ESD/First City/Flotilla they are still there because anyone who has completed those events can claim items from them on any future character they ever make on their account and will most likely be the connection to any future events as well.

Just my 2 zen... Eh, scratch that not worth that much... Energy credits... Take it for what it's worth... lol