test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

3rd year in a row and the Omega minigame is as broken as ever!

sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
As detailed here and again here, the exact same thing is happening once again. This is beyond a joke- and so like the last recession I've decided I'm not going to take part in it.

Comments

• Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Got vugta today, dropping and retaking gave me the same broken Vugta over and over again. Same for a friend of mine.
    Thank you for a broken event day.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    If it repeats the pattern from previous years, it'll work perfectly one day and crash on 0 points the next.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    The one I got this morning was Defera ground, Vulcan space and Drozana, though I can't remember if it was ground or space. I had to log before running it and when I came back, Drozana was missing and I had only 2 places to go. Went, got credit but the mission wouldn't complete. Went to Drozana, harvested in space and on the ground and no credit. I had to retake the mish and start over. Luckily they were different locations so I was able to complete it this time.

Still a royal PITA when added in with the mini game aborting early. Although, I wish it did this all the time. I waste too much time running this stupid mission as it is. But, since I want the ship I put up with it. I just wish I knew what caused the mini game to abort so I could do it all the time.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    iamynaught wrote: »
    The one I got this morning was Defera ground, Vulcan space and Drozana, though I can't remember if it was ground or space. I had to log before running it and when I came back, Drozana was missing and I had only 2 places to go. Went, got credit but the mission wouldn't complete. Went to Drozana, harvested in space and on the ground and no credit. I had to retake the mish and start over. Luckily they were different locations so I was able to complete it this time.

Still a royal PITA when added in with the mini game aborting early. Although, I wish it did this all the time. I waste too much time running this stupid mission as it is. But, since I want the ship I put up with it. I just wish I knew what caused the mini game to abort so I could do it all the time.
    It might be desirable if you could 'chain' a whole bunch of them together instead of having to run from fragment to fragment, might make the process a lot less tedious.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    The mini game aborting, from what me and fleetmates have observed, is caused by a player clicking on a stabilize fragment that is currently being used by another player. similar to the race in ww where two people click race at the same time and only the first one gets disqualified.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    The mini game aborting, from what me and fleetmates have observed, is caused by a player clicking on a stabilize fragment that is currently being used by another player. similar to the race in ww where two people click race at the same time and only the first one gets disqualified.

Not saying this is not a cause, but it's not the only one.
    I did a particle all on my lonesome last night and it pulled this, there was else near this particle so it wasn't activated by someone else. And it wasn't because it timed out either, because it was hanging right there in front of me on Bajor, bright as a bubble.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

I made a post about Defera here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1237745/defera-ground-not-registering-as-complete-for-qs-omega-game-daily

There are areas in Defera Ground where the Omega game will not register for the daily at all. When this happened in 2016, some locations on Defera Ground DID work....I did not have time to hunt all these things down to localize the issue, yet (in 2018).

Another bug that happened with the Omega game, previously.....

IF the OMEGA Game scanning point moves to a different area of the map....WHILE you are doing one of the games, you will not get credit for it.

IS this closer to what you are seeing?

To me it sounds like they missed porting over the fixes to bugs made previously when they brought up the 2018 version of the Anniversary event. Or they all broke, again, because of "changes" over the course of the year.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I got the particle on Defera just fine, it was Drozana that mysteriously dropped from the location list and thus I was unable to complete the mission. It's not the first time I've had it happen, but it was the first time this year. So I expect it to happen again this year.

I do remember there being problems on Defera though in years past. Thankfully I haven't had the issue so far this year.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    Every particle I did this with crashed, either immediately or after getting just 55 points or so. It makes no difference whether the fragments are completely surrounded or I'm the only player within range, and it happens both on the ground or in space- so far I haven't had a single one complete normally.
  • Options
    majorhalcyonmajorhalcyon Member Posts: 199 Arc User
    Just posted in the thread about the Defera troubles, but I'll post the same here: just had an issue where the ones by the Visitor center didn't register, but one under the bridge directly in front of the beam in point did...
  • Options
    accordvtec77accordvtec77 Member Posts: 140 Arc User
    It's incredibly tedious having the mini game either abort mid-game, or just end before it even starts. Some think it's because more than one person activates the same particle simultaneously. Well I don't buy that, because I also, as some others have done, gone into an instance where I am completely alone, and it STILL happens. It sucks, but it won't be getting fixed...ever. I mean...where's the money in fixing that type of bug...right?
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    accusionally happening to me aswell

and i agree they shoudl fix it

like NUMOEROUS other bugs that ve been in the game for so long
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    It's incredibly tedious having the mini game either abort mid-game, or just end before it even starts. Some think it's because more than one person activates the same particle simultaneously. Well I don't buy that, because I also, as some others have done, gone into an instance where I am completely alone, and it STILL happens. It sucks, but it won't be getting fixed...ever. I mean...where's the money in fixing that type of bug...right?

Yeah, one particle in the upper leftmost corner of the Andoria Ground map seems permanently bugged this way. Have done it now three times across six characters and always I'm alone at it, it always bugs out and give the zero timer.

I also just had a zero timer at a particle at Starbase 39 Ground where I was alone.

And since it's the same minigame I can add Luxury Provisions at the Colony Holding. I'm always alone and it bugs out maybe four times out of ten.

It is possible that two or more people activating a particle at the same time is a source of this bug, but it is by far not the only source.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    Well after today's "patch" because that's what it was (I don't care how they disguise it), it's even worse. Out of 15 attempts, 13 of them ended prematurely.
  • Options
    At least you're getting a halfway decent score, every single attempt has mine ending five seconds after it began and I barely reach double digits, no matter what I do or where I go.
  • Options
    After todays update, the game is now finally working; whatever you do Cryptic, don't break it again! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    After todays update, the game is now finally working;

Maybe for you. The lag in tholian red alerts and other crowded queues is unbereable. But people love it, so. Apparently they dont care anymore. I asked if they were having bad lag and rubberbanding and they say that yes, the game is a mess but they really dont care.. i mean, really??

I should have been more specific- I meant the Omega Minigame is finally working properly, and not a moment too soon.
  • Options

Maybe for you. The lag in tholian red alerts and other crowded queues is unbereable. But people love it, so. Apparently they dont care anymore. I asked if they were having bad lag and rubberbanding and they say that yes, the game is a mess but they really dont care.. i mean, really??

I should have been more specific- I meant the Omega Minigame is finally working properly, and not a moment too soon.

No, actually it's not. It's just as bugged as it was before.
  • Options

I knew this was too good to last- logged in today and sure enough, it was back to being as broken now as it was before- didn't even last a week.
  • Options

I knew this was too good to last- logged in today and sure enough, it was back to being as broken now as it was before- didn't even last a week.

Seems like it's even MORE broken after Thursday's maintenance. My personal goal is to collect 100 of each color particles each day. Usually takes me about 35 minutes per color. Since Thursday, I'm having all sorts of issues with the red particles. It took me almost an hour just to collect 50. Besides being more "scarce" than they were before, they seem to end prematurely almost every time I do one. I'm thinking I'm just going to stop with the minigame, and go with what I've already collected. It just isn't worth it anymore.
  • Options

Seems like it's even MORE broken after Thursday's maintenance. My personal goal is to collect 100 of each color particles each day. Usually takes me about 35 minutes per color. Since Thursday, I'm having all sorts of issues with the red particles. It took me almost an hour just to collect 50. Besides being more "scarce" than they were before, they seem to end prematurely almost every time I do one. I'm thinking I'm just going to stop with the minigame, and go with what I've already collected. It just isn't worth it anymore.
    I was only ever patient enough to collect 30 of each colour per day, which worked out to a single tech upgrade each time. During the (short) window that it worked properly I was getting the equivalent of 6 traces per minute-long run since I'd get 3 traces plus a sliver. When it broke again, I'd had enough- I bought a single shard off the exchange to combine with the shards (and later fragments) I already had to finish one last upgrade.

I'm not sorry to see the last of this event, I suspect I'll be posting another thread like this same time next year. At least the existence of the occasional Phoenix event means decent tech upgrades come around more than once a year.
  • Options

I was only ever patient enough to collect 30 of each colour per day, which worked out to a single tech upgrade each time. During the (short) window that it worked properly I was getting the equivalent of 6 traces per minute-long run since I'd get 3 traces plus a sliver. When it broke again, I'd had enough- I bought a single shard off the exchange to combine with the shards (and later fragments) I already had to finish one last upgrade.

I'm not sorry to see the last of this event, I suspect I'll be posting another thread like this same time next year. At least the existence of the occasional Phoenix event means decent tech upgrades come around more than once a year.

I may not even bother next year, aside from grinding for the ship. And you're right about the Phoenix boxes. They're easier to come by, and I won't have to play glitched mini games to get them. I honestly feel that Omega upgrades are not much better than the Phoenix upgrades.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User

I may not even bother next year, aside from grinding for the ship. And you're right about the Phoenix boxes. They're easier to come by, and I won't have to play glitched mini games to get them. I honestly feel that Omega upgrades are not much better than the Phoenix upgrades.

EXCEPT when you are looking for RARITY upgrade.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

EXCEPT when you are looking for RARITY upgrade.

Yeah, Omega Upgrade Kits has 4x the rarity upgrade / improvement chance of Superior Upgrade Kits and Phoenix Upgrade Kits.

Use an Omega Upgrade Kit and a 2x Quality Boost Accelerator on very rare Mk II gear and wait for Upgrade Weekends (if possible) to get the absolute best chance to upgrade something to epic quality. If 2x Quality Boost Accelerators are too expensive, then buy the 1.5x variant from the Exchange which costs roughly 7x less EC.