test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Playable Cadrassian?

2»

Comments

• wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    cardassins would be under Romulan side for character selection. as for bajorians, they are part of federations, but have them start out on bajorian starting ships before promotion for starfleet ships.
    some players wanted independant faction.
  • spielman1spielman1 Member Posts: 1,119 Arc User
    wylonus wrote: »
    cardassins would be under Romulan side for character selection. as for bajorians, they are part of federations, but have them start out on bajorian starting ships before promotion for starfleet ships.
    some players wanted independant faction.

The independent factions can still be done all they have to do is work at it I don't mind waiting for it in all honesty I am a Romulan Fan and yet I felt let down and pushed aside when they forced the Romulan Fans to either be Federation or Klingon when you boil it all down, If they add Cardassian's to the game or even Bajorans that is fine but don't force theme to be Federation or Klingons like they did for the Romulan's Fans is all I am asking.
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 8,271 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I think people really shouldn't get their hopes up. I'm almost 100% positive there will be nothing added faction-wise this year.
    I agree, was just pointing it out. Cryptic has stated they like to switch what kind of expansions they do, with LoR/AoY being "acquisition" expansions, where they bring in new people by offering a new way to start the game, while Delta Rising was a more end game focused expansion delving more content to players already deep in the game. Victory is Life will be a Delta Rising type expansion more then anything.
    spielman1 wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a playable Cardassian faction if they would first pout fixing there product first, and fixing the Romulan problem with fewer ships than anyone else and forced to be either Federation or Klingon instead of Romulan player.
    You not liking the way something is does not indicate a problem, or that something is broken. Romulans should have the fewest ships, because they have the fewest races and resources to draw from, and likewise, Romulans SHOULD be forced to either join the Federation or Klingon Empire because the actual Romulan Star Empire was destroyed, and the Republic is a fresh on its feet fledgling state unable to field its own array of ships, starbases, and installations, like the Federation and Klingon Empire can.

This would be equally true of the Cardassians who, as per the Path to 2409, dismantled their entire military, while only keeping a small planetary defense force to fight pirates, and have made a pact with the Federation for the Federation to defend the Cardassian Union in case of invasion by an outside power. The Cardassians lack the infrastructure to sustain a full military of their own.
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I think people really shouldn't get their hopes up. I'm almost 100% positive there will be nothing added faction-wise this year.
    I agree, was just pointing it out. Cryptic has stated they like to switch what kind of expansions they do, with LoR/AoY being "acquisition" expansions, where they bring in new people by offering a new way to start the game, while Delta Rising was a more end game focused expansion delving more content to players already deep in the game. Victory is Life will be a Delta Rising type expansion more then anything.
    I wouldn't mind a playable Cardassian faction if they would first pout fixing there product first, and fixing the Romulan problem with fewer ships than anyone else and forced to be either Federation or Klingon instead of Romulan player.
    You not liking the way something is does not indicate a problem, or that something is broken. Romulans should have the fewest ships, because they have the fewest races and resources to draw from, and likewise, Romulans SHOULD be forced to either join the Federation or Klingon Empire because the actual Romulan Star Empire was destroyed, and the Republic is a fresh on its feet fledgling state unable to field its own array of ships, starbases, and installations, like the Federation and Klingon Empire can.

This would be equally true of the Cardassians who, as per the Path to 2409, dismantled their entire military, while only keeping a small planetary defense force to fight pirates, and have made a pact with the Federation for the Federation to defend the Cardassian Union in case of invasion by an outside power. The Cardassians lack the infrastructure to sustain a full military of their own.

I'm not saying as a start up race but as the game evolves they could do less of the pick one and more of the gradual Romulan's to be Romulan same for the Cardassian's and as per Path to 2409 Garak when he was alive advocated the fact the Cardassian's should be allowed to build one in time and as they infrastructure got better. Eve most of the player base that Complained about the Romulan's even stated it wouldn't be permanent and should have been treated as a alliance and not a Federation Character in Romulan clothes sorta speak. I don't mind where the Federation or the Klingons support the Cardassian Faction or the Romulan one but as time goes on they become more of a separate faction than a split one. Naturally as major updates come out and such.
    I'm not saying as a start up race but as the game evolves they could do less of the pick one and more of the gradual Romulan's to be Romulan same for the Cardassian's and as per Path to 2409 Garak when he was alive advocated the fact the Cardassian's should be allowed to build one in time and as they infrastructure got better. Eve most of the player base that Complained about the Romulan's even stated it wouldn't be permanent and should have been treated as a alliance and not a Federation Character in Romulan clothes sorta speak. I don't mind where the Federation or the Klingons support the Cardassian Faction or the Romulan one but as time goes on they become more of a separate faction than a split one. Naturally as major updates come out and such.
    STO covers an in-game timespan of less then two years, and its unlikely to go beyond three years.

There is no point in STO in which either the Romulans or Cardassians could reasonably build up the infrastructure needed to stand on their own without the Federation and Klingon Empire in such a short time span.

Also, no, as per the Path to 2409 Garak spoke out AGAINST the Cardassians re-arming themselves, because he wanted to see them move beyond being a military state.
    STO covers an in-game timespan of less then two years, and its unlikely to go beyond three years.

There is no point in STO in which either the Romulans or Cardassians could reasonably build up the infrastructure needed to stand on their own without the Federation and Klingon Empire in such a short time span.

Also, no, as per the Path to 2409 Garak spoke out AGAINST the Cardassians re-arming themselves, because he wanted to see them move beyond being a military state.

Yeah as far as the Cardassians yeah I re read it missed a part all it says is this

The Cardassian government signs a new agreement with the Federation, which will provide aid and relief. The reconstruction of Lakarian City begins, while a resurgence of interest in ancient lore among Cardassian's is set off by several archaeological discoveries on the world.
    The Oralians start to hold services openly and seek followers among the population, both of which were previously outlawed by the Cardassian Union. The True Way continues to call for a return to a totalitarian state

So ina way there is no confirmation of the military being dismantled just aid from the Federation but it could be argued both ways even in the mission on Deep Space involving the DOmion re invading the Alpha quadrant the Cardassian states it was by the Federations insistence that the fleet be dismantled but nothing solid and it can always be changed also.
    So ina way there is no confirmation of the military being dismantled just aid from the Federation but it could be argued both ways even in the mission on Deep Space involving the DOmion re invading the Alpha quadrant the Cardassian states it was by the Federations insistence that the fleet be dismantled but nothing solid and it can always be changed also.
    Wrong

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Path_to_2409
    The Path to 2409: Volume 7, Chapter 8
    >On Stardate 63976.74, the Cardassians signed a new treaty, in which they agreed not to field a military or wage war. In exchange, the Federation agreed to provide aid to rebuild Cardassian cities and military protection in the event of an invasion of Cardassian space.

The Path to 2409: Volume 8, Chapter 4
    >Starfleet sent a battle group to Cardassia Prime to assist the Cardassians with the dismantling of their military, a process which was expected to take several years. The Cardassians planned to use a much smaller self defense force to patrol their space, and to coordinate with Starfleet for issues outside of their borders.
    Wrong

>On Stardate 63976.74, the Cardassians signed a new treaty, in which they agreed not to field a military or wage war. In exchange, the Federation agreed to provide aid to rebuild Cardassian cities and military protection in the event of an invasion of Cardassian space.

>Starfleet sent a battle group to Cardassia Prime to assist the Cardassians with the dismantling of their military, a process which was expected to take several years. The Cardassians planned to use a much smaller self defense force to patrol their space, and to coordinate with Starfleet for issues outside of their borders.

Not gonna argue with you not in the mood and I don't have conversations with closed minded players and or posters that simple.
    edited January 2018
    Wrong

also since you cant read apparently

Deep Space involving the DOmion re invading the Alpha quadrant the Cardassian states it was by the Federations insistence that the fleet be dismantled but nothing solid and it can always be changed also mission is Second Wave the Cardassian that made the comment was Rugan Skyl during the meeting straight up said it was BY THE FEDERATION INSISTANCE THE TREATY WAS SIGNED as this my second time saying that. as I also SAID IT CAN BE CHANGED by either making a new agreement and or changing the missions or the Path options that simple. Also and I can not stress this enough I DONT ARGUE POSTERS THAT EITHER a don't read and or b stay closed minded possibility of having Cardassian's a third race in the game is possible it is weather the devs want to or not.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Rugan_Skyl

Also if I have to can go in game play the mission and get his exacts words also if you want
  • docbrown#0652 docbrown Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Cryptic has say in the past the Cardassians will become a playable fraction in the game. Right now Cryptic is focus on building up the current fractions first before adding a new one.
    I already covered your response earlier.

Even if the treaty was changed, there isn't enough time in-game for the Cardassians to build such a large fleet.

I also never said Cardassians weren't a possible playable faction, only that they shouldn't be as self sufficient as the Federation or Klingon Empire, and thus should be made to join the Federation and Klingon Empire like the romulans did.

For someone who keeps screaming about people not reading, and people being close minded, your entire post just proved that YOU didn't read what I wrote, and are being close minded on how a playable Cardassian species would play out.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    Playable fractions huh. I like that idea. We'll maybe get to play as 1/5 of a Kardashian.

Cardassians in my mind will now always be known as Kardashians, curse you BMR.
    Cryptic has say in the past the Cardassians will become a playable fraction in the game. Right now Cryptic is focus on building up the current fractions first before adding a new one.

Tht actually makes sense and I don't blame theme there either just kinda you now speed it up lol.
    I already covered your response earlier.

Even if the treaty was changed, there isn't enough time in-game for the Cardassians to build such a large fleet.

I also never said Cardassians weren't a possible playable faction, only that they shouldn't be as self sufficient as the Federation or Klingon Empire, and thus should be made to join the Federation and Klingon Empire like the romulans did.

For someone who keeps screaming about people not reading, and people being close minded, your entire post just proved that YOU didn't read what I wrote, and are being close minded on how a playable Cardassian species would play out.

and as I said I wont argue with you till you open your mind also I read your post and it was the same as before no to this and or not to that instead what if this or what if that.
    and as I said I wont argue with you till you open your mind also I read your post and it was the same as before no to this and or not to that instead what if this or what if that.
    Open my mind to what? I already said I support playable Cardassians...
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 7,036 Community Moderator
    OK, let's drop the argument and move on.

jrAoIir.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of PWE/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of PWE/Cryptic
    Contact Customer Support --> https://support.arcgames.com
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online? Facebook / Twitter / Twitch