test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is this a good idea?

I have a t6 Sovereign class ship and I'm going to load it up with all reputation torpedoes and fill all the console slots with the universal reputation consoles plus 1 borg cutting beam. Will I be formidable?
lucky_star_trek_by_primantis-d389ufa.jpg

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    As long as you don't put Deanna Troi at the helm, I guess it could work out alright?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,786 Arc User
    More seriously speaking though;

Are you going to put torpedoes in the aft weapon slots as well? Cause you may want to consider using the other parts of the sets otherwise.

The Dyson reputation has a nice 3-piece bonus for example.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • shinku#4469 shinku Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    > @fleetcaptain5#1134 said:
    > More seriously speaking though;
    >
    > Are you going to put torpedoes in the aft weapon slots as well? Cause you may want to consider using the other parts of the sets otherwise.
    >
    > The Dyson reputation has a nice 3-piece bonus for example.

Are you referring to the 3pc dyson set with the proton weapon?
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Yes, that's the set he is referring to. The proton weapon can be slotted in the rear weapon slot. Also, it's a good idea to slot omni beams in the rear slots on a torpedo boat. But you can try your setup and see what it does.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    Also consider getting the Counter-Command deflector (8472 Rep) and the Klingon Honor Gaurd or Adapted MACO shields and engines (Omega Rep, KHG for KDF/allied, AMACO for Fed/allied), as both the deflector and the KHG/AMACO two-set give a decent amount of extra damage to torps. Grab at minimum the Ferrofluid Hydraulic Assembly console from the Terran rep (decreases shared torp cooldowns), and that Rep's torp is also very solid, three-set is also an interesting clicky.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Sounds like it might be fun. Will it be a DPS monster? Probably not. But will it be a fun experiment or just fun in general? Potentially yes. If you have fun, then you are successfully playing and enjoying the game.

Hell... I once made a T5 Excelsior into the USS Gaseous Anomaly, loaded her up with pretty much every gas venting ability, and went at the Na'kuhl a couple times. Was actually surprised at how well it performed. The weapons loadout was a variation of my basic balanced cruiser build, but the fact I was running Cryoplasma from the FULL Breen set, Warp Plasma, Metreon Gas, and Theta Radiation...

Yea... she was a... gas. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    > @rattler2 said:
    > Sounds like it might be fun. Will it be a DPS monster? Probably not. But will it be a fun experiment or just fun in general? Potentially yes. If you have fun, then you are successfully playing and enjoying the game.
    >
    > Hell... I once made a T5 Excelsior into the USS Gaseous Anomaly, loaded her up with pretty much every gas venting ability, and went at the Na'kuhl a couple times. Was actually surprised at how well it performed. The weapons loadout was a variation of my basic balanced cruiser build, but the fact I was running Cryoplasma from the FULL Breen set, Warp Plasma, Metreon Gas, and Theta Radiation...
    >
    > Yea... she was a... gas. B)

My aim is not to make a DPS monster but to make the weapon configuration look as ridiculous as possible, hence the number of torpedoes flying out of my a***. And, yes I'm having loads of fun doing so.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    That is all that matters :smiley:
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Out of everything, it is how you play the game. And having fun doing it. I definitely like your Signature shinku. :)

As well, that sounds like fun actually. Shooting tons of torps.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
    > @lighte007 said:
    > Out of everything, it is how you play the game. And having fun doing it. I definitely like your Signature shinku. :)
    >
    > As well, that sounds like fun actually. Shooting tons of torps.

Thanks. I definitely love the Romulan rep torpedoes. Shoots out 3 mini green stars out. Lots of flashy effects.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    > @lighte007 said:
    > Out of everything, it is how you play the game. And having fun doing it. I definitely like your Signature shinku. :)
    >
    > As well, that sounds like fun actually. Shooting tons of torps.

Thanks. I definitely love the Romulan rep torpedoes. Shoots out 3 mini green stars out. Lots of flashy effects.

Haha, mini green stars.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    The Rom rep torp is one of my favorites too. One of my mains (a sci) is flying the Chronos Temporal Dreadnought Cruiser, which is running all RomRep gear for the most part. Beams/Romweaponset, Ship set, etc. Then I filled the other console slots with other gear she already had and slotted the Scorpion fighters in the hangar bay. She curbstomps anything in her path.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    It might still be possible to be able to fire the Hyper Plasma Torp non stop with the right DOffs. One of the big damage dealers back in the day was the Hyper Torp spam where it was dange near a constant stream of them. Don't remember what's needed besides teh Torp DOffs that reduce torp cooldown or something along those lines. Was crazy to see a line of like 9 of them coming from one ship.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    only thing with the OP's build is the KCB, no faw no overload, and TRIBBLE against the shields because it's kinetic energy. 2 omnis of your choice with ens/lt faw bol, and the higest tac with HYT and TS might be ok.. i do something simular with my T'varo
    Spock.jpg

• jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Torpedo ships can be viable in the game depending on what you use. The biggest change from a beam ship or hybrid ship is that you need to deal with the potentially long cooldowns for torpedoes. That can be as short as 4 seconds for Kelvin Timeline Photon Torpedoes because they all have the exclusive [Reload] mod, to a long as 30 seconds if you use Tricobalt torpedoes. There are missiles in the game with 2 seconds or 2.5 seconds cooldown. They do not do much damage, but they do have a 180 degree firing arc. You also need to adjust your tactics since ideally you do not want to "dogfight" with a torpedo ship unless you have to. I generally try to stay around 5km away from enemies, but sometimes it is simply not possible like in Mirror Invasion where you will be forced into a dogfight sooner or later.

Me? I have a Fed science character commanding the T6 Sutherland Research Vessel as a pure torpedo ship. In between torpedo cooldowns I can use offensive science abilities. Thinking about switching a recent max level Reman science character to specialize in torpedoes as well using a T6 Malem Light Warbird. That way I can launch torpedoes and use science abilities while cloaked. Launching torpedoes does temporarily declock the Malem.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Do torps still share a cooldown? If so, after a certain number of them, they are just getting in each others way.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    Do torps still share a cooldown? If so, after a certain number of them, they are just getting in each others way.

any more than 2 then it becomes a problem, to mitigate that I went two beams and two torps up front and omnis and two torps aft
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User

Using torpedoes with different cooldowns can mitigate the cooldown issue. For example, if you like using multiple photon torpedoes, then the following is a possible layout for a science vessel torpedo ship:

Forward Weapons:
      1 - Gravimetirc Proton Torpedo - 8 second cooldown
      2 - Enhanced Bio-Molecular Photon Torpedo - 6 second cooldown
      3 - Kelvin Timeline Proton Torpedo - 4 second cooldown

Aft Weapons:
      1 - Saboteur Delivery Vehicle Photon Torpedo - 7 second cooldown (200 Lobi Crystals)
      2 - Terran Task Force Photon Torpedo - 6 second cooldown
      3 - Kelvin Timeline Proton Torpedo - 4 second cooldown (shared with forward KT torp)

The Ferrofluid Hydraulic Assembly console from Terran Taskforce shaves off 0.5 second from torpedo cooldowns. The 2-peice set gives you +13.3% torp damage.