test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2 other "feds" ships we like to see comeback or revive

USS Lynx was unknown classified ship, it was sort of time travel ship searching for time disortions.

and USS Ares, prototype battlecruisers for Axanar, these warships were built for speed and manuvering.

devs, how soon we get to see new Andorian ships?
«13

Comments

  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,230 Arc User
    Ummm... anything associated with Axanar is probably off-limits for legal reasons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    Though it would be nice to see the T6 Variants of the Andorian Ships we already have in-game.
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,817 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth myself.
  • lighte007lighte007 Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    A T6 Nova... :P
    The Rising of the Delta is the best expansion ever, and people love it to death because it is a good day to die in the endless struggle for supremacy of your own conviction. (A spin off of the Delta Rising is the best expansion ever and all the players love it.)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,817 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well at least you have access to a T5U Fleet Nova while the Oberth stays behind at T1.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,755 Arc User
    I still want my T6 Type F!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 13,922 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth myself.

    Me either. I won't pretend that I'd rather a T6 Nova came first, but I still think a T6 Oberth would be interesting.
    And everyone should be able to play their favourite ship.


  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 2,817 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth myself.

    Me either. I won't pretend that I'd rather a T6 Nova came first, but I still think a T6 Oberth would be interesting.
    And everyone should be able to play their favourite ship.
    Actually my favorite ships are already in the game, but the Oberth is one ship which interests me enough to want to fly a T6 version on my main science toon.

  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,649 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Vor'cha Class-Battlecruiser - Not fed, but needs to be in the game asap
    Constellation Class-Heavy Cruiser
    Oberth Class-Light Science Vessel
    Post edited by nikephorus on
    Tza0PEl.png
  • bobsisko47bobsisko47 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    T6 Saber plz. Favourably as an upgrade to the Mirror Saber!
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 2,767 Arc User
    T6 - Luna Class.. with a remodel of the old Luna... really, it's needed
    T6 - Nova Class... also with a remodel...
    T6 - Vorcha, probably with the ViL expansion, as it was seen more on DS9 episodes.
    T6 - Sabre Class/T6 Steamrunner Class Please???
    T6 - Tempest, i love that ship.
    T6 - Norway Class, really it's the only one missing!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • wylonuswylonus Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    anyone ever seen USS Lynx? odd looking fed ship, "classified" time travel ship, with long tail format design to discharge high heat produce from space-folding energy. ship will self-destruct if taken or "all-hands" abandoned. preventing falling to wrong hands for reverse engineer.
  • zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    I'd love a T6 Oberth as well. Tried doing T6 with a T2 ship challenge....and it was challenging, but fun. Made it until the Vaadwar before I was just blowing up too much to even be practical. But would love to see it in T6 just because (except for trait running on a new ship) all 14 of my toons run canon ships and my science guys are about bored with the Voyager and the Nebula (still love the voyager interior though).
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,585 Arc User
    Never heard of this 'Axanar' thing, but I'm still hoping to see a Niagara Class sometime in the future.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,363 Arc User
    I really
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth myself.

    I am really against T6 versions of what are comparatively tiny ships. The Miranda one is just silly. Has more HP than ships many times it's size. Now if they made some bigger Oberth-ish looking ship, then I'd be ok.

    You can only fit so many guns on a canoe before it sinks.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,230 Arc User
    I really
    avoozuul wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind a T6 Oberth myself.
    I am really against T6 versions of what are comparatively tiny ships. The Miranda one is just silly. Has more HP than ships many times it's size. Now if they made some bigger Oberth-ish looking ship, then I'd be ok.

    You can only fit so many guns on a canoe before it sinks.
    You must hate the Defiant so much. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,585 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tyler002 said:
    > Never heard of this 'Axanar' thing, but I'm still hoping to see a Niagara Class sometime in the future.

    Seriously?

    "Seriously?" to the Axanar part or the Niagara Class part?
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 8,851 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @tyler002 said:
    > Never heard of this 'Axanar' thing, but I'm still hoping to see a Niagara Class sometime in the future.

    Seriously?

    "Seriously?" to the Axanar part or the Niagara Class part?

    Axanar part I would suspect. It was a pretty huge deal that even took over this forum for WEEKS. And screwed over other fan films pretty royally.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,215 Arc User
    There are a lot of Fed ships I'd like to see given a T6 makeover. The top one for me would be a T6 Steamrunner. I'd like to see what the Cryptic ship designers could come up with as far as updating the look.

    Slightly off topic here, but I'd still like a way to actually USE the Ranger Temporal Battlecruiser at end game. With it being a T5 ship that cannot be upgraded to T5-U, I've never even used this ship after using it once shortly after getting it. I find the ship to be very nice looking and I know I can use the Ranger skin on the Paladin Temporal Battlecruiser, which I do. It just seems such a waste of a ship though. Also the console looks interesting but since it can only be used on this ship, it's kind of useless. Which again is odd since the consoles off the other AoY leveling ships can be used on other ships. Ah well, it is what it is.

    As for other ships, I wouldn't turn down any of the ships mentioned here, even the non-Fed ones. KDF definitely needs a T6 Vor'cha, it's such an iconic ship and should get some attention.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

    Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,585 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Yes the Axanar part.

    I must have not been around the forum at the time, or at least not paid attention. It's new to me.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,585 Arc User
    Weird, I hadn't heard of it until this thread. I may have to go look it up.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 2,715 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Ummm... anything associated with Axanar is probably off-limits for legal reasons.

    No probably, absolutely and for all time.

    besides issues between the Axanar team and CBS, even EU material is mostly off-limits for Cryptic, so fan material is absolutely out of limits as it doesn't even have official approval EU material has.

    As a rule of thumb, if something wasn't seen in TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC or any of the movies it's off-limits for cryptic to add it into the game, also I think the Kelvin timeline movies are in bit of a grey area.
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 8,851 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Ummm... anything associated with Axanar is probably off-limits for legal reasons.

    No probably, absolutely and for all time.

    besides issues between the Axanar team and CBS, even EU material is mostly off-limits for Cryptic, so fan material is absolutely out of limits as it doesn't even have official approval EU material has.

    As a rule of thumb, if something wasn't seen in TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC or any of the movies it's off-limits for cryptic to add it into the game, also I think the Kelvin timeline movies are in bit of a grey area.

    Not exactly. There is a fan ship in this game after all. However the devs have said that it was such a headache that such a thing is very unlikely in the future. As far as axanar is concerned however...that goes beyond fan made legal issues headaches as Peters has done his damnest to burn every single bloody bridge between him and the IP holders.
  • chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    T6 Kumari
    T6 Patrol Escort
    T6 Lun-
    gaevsman wrote: »
    T6 - Luna Class.. with a remodel of the old Luna... really, it's needed

    tenor.gif?itemid=5013968
    SP9Pu.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 2,715 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    spiritborn wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @markhawkman said:
    > Ummm... anything associated with Axanar is probably off-limits for legal reasons.

    No probably, absolutely and for all time.

    besides issues between the Axanar team and CBS, even EU material is mostly off-limits for Cryptic, so fan material is absolutely out of limits as it doesn't even have official approval EU material has.

    As a rule of thumb, if something wasn't seen in TOS, TAS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, DSC or any of the movies it's off-limits for cryptic to add it into the game, also I think the Kelvin timeline movies are in bit of a grey area.

    Not exactly. There is a fan ship in this game after all. However the devs have said that it was such a headache that such a thing is very unlikely in the future. As far as axanar is concerned however...that goes beyond fan made legal issues headaches as Peters has done his damnest to burn every single bloody bridge between him and the IP holders.
    there's exceptions to every rule (even this one) but generally speaking fan content is out of the question. So something out of fanwork no matter how popular would not be part of the license (and thus wouldn't be included in the game), also while fan designed isn't the Odyssey-class officially sanctioned and thus not really a fan work.
Sign In or Register to comment.