test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

T5 Colony Upgrade

We, the “1. Sternenflotte”, a medium-sized German speaking fleet and proud member of the AD/NT-armada, just started the T5 Colony upgrade. Due to multiple requests, as I was told that we are the first fleet to start this upgrade, I was asked to post a screenshot of the requirements in the forum. In particular, many people are concerned about the requirements in terms of provisions due to the limited capacity of the coffer (max. 250k provisions). Please note, that the values in the screenshot are for a Gamma fleet (20% dilithium bonus from the armada) with a full T3 Mine (15% bonus).

t5-copyxcpn5.png

However, I would like to take the time and chance to thank you all on behalf of my fleet members. In the past weeks and months, many of you were running with us colony simulations. I have to say that it was a lot of fun to team up with you guys in the simulations and farm with you the provisions for the colony projects and upgrades. As mentioned in the Accolade-Channel, we are preparing a special event in which we will host soon the T5 colony simulations in order to obtain the accolade “All-Win-Scenario”.

I would also like to thank the AD/NT-armada for all the help and support over the past years. I also wish to thank the developers for the great fleet holding and all the wonderful details which went into the colony. We are looking forward for the next new fleet holding, the Ferengi trading post, in Season 15 – Victory is Life. My final thanks of course go to all of my fleet members which did an amazing job in the past months. Thank you, my friends.

Comments

• Options
    bumperthumperbumperthumper Member Posts: 513 Arc User
    How come the German players get away with bug exploits to a rampant degree on here.

Which bug exploit do you speak of?

I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly want to know if there is a flaw in the system, since our fleet has been grinding like crazy only to get to level 3 on the Colony.
    A proud member of The Collective ARMADA
    NOT A FAN OF ARC!
  • Options
    mcevergreenmcevergreen Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    The fleet I am in isn't German, and we are just 5 days away from slotting the T5 colony upgrade ourselves. We have the Main Colony, Morale, and Infrastructure, at T4, and are upgrading Renewable Energy to T4 right now. With that one project that gives another 1,250 main colony EXP, we will have the 13k needed to reach T5 in the main colony sometime around Jan 2nd.

I know a few other fleets which are in the same situation. It just depends how much idle time you had with the projects and upgrades. In my fleet, we did not have any idle time and kept upgrades up 100% of the time since the 9th of October.
  • Options
    T5 hull doesn't unlock anything does it?

T5 will unlock, for example T5 simulations. Very nice fact for accolade hunters, like me. In addition, the hitpoints of the shield generator will increase, making the simulations easier. Furthermore, with the token project, you will get 15 tokens, which will allow you to run 5 simulations by completing one token project, for example.
  • Options
    Which bug exploit do you speak of?

I'm not being sarcastic, I honestly want to know if there is a flaw in the system, since our fleet has been grinding like crazy only to get to level 3 on the Colony.

I do not know about any bug in the system. Unfortunately, reaching the T5 upgrade this year involves some serious farming and grinding. :)
  • Options
    We are hosting frequently simulations on the colony (via the Simulation channel). Having a higher colony with a higher tier will increase the defenses of the colony. Thus, the chance of success is also higher. Moreover, you can control the enemies better which will come at higher tiers. As a result, if you do not like Voth and dino burgers, then you are able to choose a simulation without Voth, for example Sim G (available at a T3 colony).
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    There were certain different exploitable fleet projects, most of which have already been fixed.

Let me ask you something @mcevergreen - do you have Renewable and an additional tier at maximum?

It might also be important to notice that buying fleet dilithium in TTC has nothing to do with fleet members working for the colony.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    Let me take you back to the original topic of the post. Here is a screenshot from the great gamepedia:

colony1gojtg.png

At the moment, some of the values, in other words the requirements of projects, are based on the test server Tribble. However, as some of you may know, the requirements of projects on Holodeck differ from the requirements on Tribble (or at least differed when the table has been made).
    Hence, as discussed in the game, people wondered how much provisions you need to have in your inventory as the requirements of the upgrade exceed the capacity of the coffer. If you need 300k provisions from each type for the upgrade, but you can only have 250k from each type in the coffer, it would mean that you need to have 50k from each type in your inventory. Since nobody knew how much provisions the upgrade will really need on Holodeck, I was asked to post a screenshot in the forum. It could also have been the case that the upgrade needs 400k provisions from each type. And, at least in my case, inventory space is limited. Thus, I hope that I could help to sort things out. In other words, if you have the coffer filled up to the maximum, you should be fine to fill the upgrade at once.
  • Options
    yoda2005 wrote: »
    Let me ask you something @mcevergreen - do you have Renewable and an additional tier at maximum?
    No, we do not have.
    Let me say what I was saying before and in another forum. We are hosting many colony simulations. Sometimes several times a day and several times a week. More than the last 50 simulations which we were hosting were a full success (full reward, 2100 provisions from each type). With the T5 colony upgrade, you get the highest amount of hit points for the shield generator possible. Generally speaking, the chance of success depends on several factors. One factor is that the colony defences get better at higher tiers. Yesterday, when we were running a simulation, someone asked us to start Sim I (for the accolade). In Sim I, you have a chance of 60% to face Voth. So, trust me, having some extra hit points on the shield generator does not hurt.

In this way, I would like to point out that it is clearly a good thing to have more and more hosts with a fleet colony at a higher tier.
    It might also be important to notice that buying fleet dilithium in TTC has nothing to do with fleet members working for the colony.
    I understand your point of view, but I disagree with that.
  • Options
    dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    nice work.

and

haters gonna hate :lol:
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • Options
    yoda2005yoda2005 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    No, we do not have.
    Let me say what I was saying before and in another forum. We are hosting many colony simulations. Sometimes several times a day and several times a week. More than the last 50 simulations which we were hosting were a full success (full reward, 2100 provisions from each type). With the T5 colony upgrade, you get the highest amount of hit points for the shield generator possible. Generally speaking, the chance of success depends on several factors. One factor is that the colony defences get better at higher tiers. Yesterday, when we were running a simulation, someone asked us to start Sim I (for the accolade). In Sim I, you have a chance of 60% to face Voth. So, trust me, having some extra hit points on the shield generator does not hurt.

In this way, I would like to point out that it is clearly a good thing to have more and more hosts with a fleet colony at a higher tier.
    I understand your point of view, but I disagree with that.

This is not what I asked.
    Projects still take time and "hosting many colony simulations" has nothing to do with finishing them in less.

I would love to see a screenshot of your total holding progress, including the tree tiers under the total colony XP.

@bumperthumper, certain different projects allowed to generate XP way faster and in higher amounts than originally intended. They have already been fixed though.
    s7CQHZ3.jpg
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Nice!

I look forward to hearing about the epic thing's that a fleet can get on completion!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Thanks for the information OP.

Final project looks expensive, but nothing a relatively active fleet shouldn't be able to handle.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User
    @bumperthumper, certain different projects allowed to generate XP way faster and in higher amounts than originally intended. They have already been fixed though.
    but that will only allow to make t5 faster the ammount of stuff you need to put in a colony to finish it is the same? so its not really important thing is it?

damn... 3 month and 5t... something went wrong here... thats just too fast... lol

• Options
    I'd like to thank everyone of you who joined us yesterday for our T5 colony sim marathon (Sim K, L, M, N, and O), in total 150 waves. It was a great pleasure and a lot of fun. :)

s1_cutjrrwa.jpg
    Our T5 colony, 5 seconds after the upgrade has been completed.

s2_cutwfq6o.jpg
    My fleet took over the defence of shield generator 2.

s4_cutflpyd.png
    While you will have the easiest enemies ever in Simulation L...

s3_cutnuqdb.png
    ...you will face the hardest ones in Simulation M.

Please note, the list of enemies is the shortest one within T5 simulations. In other words, each enemy from the list will come for sure. From wave 26-30, the final round, one of the 5 enemies from the list will show up for a second time. :) In theory, in Sim M, you can have Voth from wave 21-30. ;)

s5_cutm4r7m.png
    The maximum reward for T5 simulations is the same as for all the other simulations.

I am glad to say that we have had players not only from our fleet/armada with us, but also from various different channels such as the DPS-channels, Simulation-/SimulationVIP-channel,... and the Accolade-Channel. What a great mixture of excellent players it has been.

s6_cuthhrq1.png
    If you successfully finish Sim A to Sim O, you are awarded with the accolade "All-Win-Scenario".

s7_cut4hpay.png
    In less than 90 days, we managed to complete all different types of simulations. :)

I'd like to thank you again so much for joining us. It has been a great pleasure. :smiley:
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    When T5 Tier is completed did you get the Lukari Ship as promissed by Devs?

Do the accolades give you anything but just that or titles, unlocks or something juicier?

Thanks and Congrats!​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    storules wrote: »

Do the accolades give you anything but just that or titles, unlocks or something juicier?

Thanks and Congrats!​​

Thank you. :)

I would like to tell you that, with reaching the T5 colony, we got an awesome Lukari ship. However, unfortunately, I can't. We discussed about it yesterday in the chat. As it seems, a Lukari ship was planned as a final reward while the colony was available for testing on the Tribble test server. But, as it seems, the ship was never really programmed or realised. Some people say that the Lukari ship, which was planned as a reward for the colony, will come as the anniversary ship. But, I don't know. :) Guess, we will see.

No title, no buff, but a lot of points from the accolade. That's it.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I do not know about any bug in the system.

PC Patch Notes for 1/18/18 ;)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    binebanebinebane Member Posts: 557 Arc User

Thanks and Congrats!​​
    really there was ship promissed? well they still have time for that as t5 should never be finished so soon anyway

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User

Thanks and Congrats!​​

Thank you. :)

I would like to tell you that, with reaching the T5 colony, we got an awesome Lukari ship. However, unfortunately, I can't. We discussed about it yesterday in the chat. As it seems, a Lukari ship was planned as a final reward while the colony was available for testing on the Tribble test server. But, as it seems, the ship was never really programmed or realised. Some people say that the Lukari ship, which was planned as a reward for the colony, will come as the anniversary ship. But, I don't know. :) Guess, we will see.

No title, no buff, but a lot of points from the accolade. That's it.

I believe they said that the ship would be revealed at a later date, so they probably didn't have it finished yet but wernt concerned since they had plenty of time until a fleet made it to that point. When it gets close to the planned completion point we'll likely get details about it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    NO SHIP...why bother with it? It was stated the T6 ship would be part of the T5 holding. So much effort for a glitch or intended outcome. I would be furious in your case and inundate Cryptic with tickets.​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    I assume you are strictly speaking of the Main Colony itself to T5 and not the Sub-Holdings (Renewable Energy, Morale, and Infrastructure) which would require a minimum of 250 days to max out, correct?

I was always under the assumption that you had to max out Sub-Holdings to a specific Tier before you could bring the main Holding to that Tier.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    NO SHIP...why bother with it? It was stated the T6 ship would be part of the T5 holding. So much effort for a glitch or intended outcome. I would be furious in your case and inundate Cryptic with tickets.​​
    I'm reminded of the early days of Reputations.

Some players paid the "hourly" upgrade every day for several hours and rushed to T5... and the T5 reward was not ready because Cryptic did not think anyone would do that. The answer was to limit the "hourly" upgrade to 3 per 24 hour period.

Ah Cryptic. Always making the same mistakes.