test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Items disappearing from loadouts

adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
Occasionally items seem to be disappearing completely from loadouts, cant find them on other ships or o/f bag

Comments

• Options
    engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Can you be a little more specific? Are you saying the loadout system isn't saving correctly or that you have items going missing? Which character is this happening on? Can you recall what items have gone missing?

Thanks for getting back to me, My issue seemed to have solved itself just by messing around with the load outs and re-equipping the items back on the ships they were on before, it would effect weapons as well as consoles. This was a very sporadic issue on my main toon.

However a good friend of mine seems to have a big issue since the items have permanently disappeared,- I would really appreciate it if you looked into it,- he is an avid sto fan like myself. The handle is : Doc@meow#5198 , he has given me permission to mention him here, and he says that among the items going missing (inc the gravimetric torp on at least 2 occasions and the chronometric Omni beam), the mods on weapons seem to be changing (disruptor dhcs [Disruptor Dual Heavy Cannons Mk XIV [Ac/Dm] [CrtH] [Dmg]x2 [Pen]]- acc mod changed to a crth mod).A ticket has been submitted aswell.

Many thanks

• Options
    just a update, on my Doc@meow#5198

temporal phase singualrity warpcore + console, sci fleet console - plasma gen, Assimulated module, Kinetic cutting beam, red matter cap, shield absorption freq gen have all gone now within the last 20 mins (9:20PM - GMT)

just an update from my friend
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    @engineerb4#4806 I've been tracking an issue very similar to this on the player side where gear would disappear in some instances when attempting to equip items through loadouts and for the first time on a ship. In some instances the items would show up back in the inventory of the player several days later. In some instances it was outright gone for good. The closest I was able to come in reproducing this was a test conducted by the original player who reported it to me. He was able to figure out a trigger for his own gear, but was not able to reproduce it on the grander scale that some folks seem to have issues with. I don't know if the 2 bugs are related or not as that would be speculation on my part. I hope you don't mind but that had caught my attention when there was a mention of items vanishing. If you would like I can PM you the notes he sent me and I have if you think they might be of some use.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    engineerb4 i have PMed you with the information and notes. I can confirm that the new shield change works as intended. In the tests I had done previously I couldn't see the items on another ship. Let me know if you need more info on what we found and i'll provide what i can.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    I'd like to add something related to this issue.

I've been experiencing some items shifting slots between them (like being moved - inter-moved) multiple times. This includes both ship consoles and ground items *like the 4 captain slots where you usually put consumables or buffing tribbles/remodulators.

I mention that I use one-time codes on both Arc and Game Account Access, so the risk of account breach is minimal to none from my end-user side.

I've just posted this to bring this up to front. Is this as intended/a known bug?
  • Options
    omega6theta1omega6theta1 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I've never had an item disappear, but I've had them greyed out saying they are equipped on a different ship, but when going to sector space they show up on my ship equipped.
  • Options
    adz006 wrote: »
    just a update, on my Doc@meow#5198

temporal phase singualrity warpcore + console, sci fleet console - plasma gen, Assimulated module, Kinetic cutting beam, red matter cap, shield absorption freq gen have all gone now within the last 20 mins (9:20PM - GMT)

just an update from my friend

@adz006
    We looked at Doc and see that he has the Kinetic Cutting Beam and Red Matter capacitor in his load outs but its not anywhere on his character. This verifies that he had these items at one point but does not currently have them. We ran searches on the logs for the past week and couldn't find anything related to those two items. We need more information.
    1. When was the last time he played the character?
    2. When was the last time he was sure he had these items?
    3. Are any of his ships missing?
    4. Did he delete any of his ships?

One possibility is that his stuff got lost a few months ago when a problem caused data to be deleted for a number of players.
    When the data loss happened we told players to contact customer service to get their items restored, its possible he just hasn't noticed until now. Its possible the items were deleted directly or were on a ship that was deleted. Either because of the data problem, he deleted it accidentally, or something else happened.

After the holidays we can try to run a longer term search from the data loss event until now to see if the items show in the logs. Searches over that long of a duration can take hours. It would help us to narrow the time frame.

Hi Thanks for looking into this issue, These are characters he logs into daily, and for example when I posted the update on the items that had gone missing with the kinetic cutting beam and red matter capacitor, 9:20 pm GMT was the time where he noticed that the items had disappeared, some items are easy to spot missing straight away if they are equipped on a ship in use.

Yesterday between 3:20 am and 3:50 am GMT he logged into his toon Random@meow#5198 and the following items had disappeared: A secondary deflector (epic qual), A particle exciter console [drainx], Exotic particle field exciter [drainx],and the temporal warp core. The red matter capacitor that has previously disappeared, has mysteriously re-appeared.

Today he logged into his Doc toon and finds both the [drainx] rcs and the [drainx] particle field exciter which had disappeared from his Random@meow#5198 to appear there !

Ship wise the Valdore heavy warbird has gone missing from his Doc@meow#5198

The problem seems to be affecting those two characters atm.

Many thanks and we appreciate the effort to find the solution to this problem.

• Options
    captainpugwash1captainpugwash1 Member Posts: 908 Arc User
    i get this at times with ships kit & boffs, changeing maps a few times fixes it for me. (sometimes quite a few times)