test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Presido weapons platform console?

The console for using the platform..does anyone ever get the chance in battle to use this? I wipe everything out before the bar fills to use it. I have not been able to use it once. Its it worth the slot?

Comments

• Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    It's been awhile since I used that ship... It's a console, don't you just click it to activate it?
    It doesn't have anything to do with the Inspiration mechanic as far as I remember.
  • Options
    darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,716 Community Moderator
    This would best be suited for one of the build forums but I'll answer your question all the same. Virtually all items in game have a use for certain types of builds. Certain items will lend more tools to specific types of builds. As an example you could make a drain build using antiproton weapons, but you wouldn't get as much mileage out of the build as you would with polaron or tetryon based weapons. In a nutshell the console can be worth it depending on the build. pretty much the same thing with any item in game or ship.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • Options
    jarfarujarfaru Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    It has a bar that needs to be filled before you can use any abilities.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    jarfaru wrote: »

I know of no console that requires you to "fill a bar" before you can use it. You may be confusing the Command Battlecruiser Inspiration mechanic for a console use bar that doesn't exist.

I know this may sound stupid but...
    A: Is the console equpped?
    B: Is the console power slotted into your power tray?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    jarfaru wrote: »

I know of no console that requires you to "fill a bar" before you can use it. You may be confusing the Command Battlecruiser Inspiration mechanic for a console use bar that doesn't exist.

I know this may sound stupid but...
    A: Is the console equpped?
    B: Is the console power slotted into your power tray?

OK wow i will have to check that. I have a ui bar with 3 abilities with a bar that fills up then i can use it. I think it is the inspiration mechanic.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    You are talking about the inspiration mechanic. The console is completely separate from this..

I do agree that the inspiration mechanic needs looking at, as everything is dead on the map before the bar gets even half filled!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    Thanks for the replies. Yeah i never get to use the inspiration ever.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Both the command and intel abilities are pretty poor due to time taken to activate.
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Yeah the command ships are at a distinct disadvantage as their special ability takes an decade to build up and when you can use it most of the map is dead or the mission is over.

But that console i'm fairly sure is just a click and drop platform. It's not much use for most content but something like Tzenkethi Red Alert when you have a sort of point defense role it may be of use. I've seen it used in KSA and a single player locked down both sides of the probes heading for the gate with that console and some good pets.
    SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    The command ships each came with a platform and hangar, so its possible to load up those ships as a one man fleet but its very suboptimal and pretty static, the fourth console in the set is from the Samsar an old event ship that can now only be had from phoenix boxes.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Command_Platforms

You could add other drone type universal consoles and traits, which might for some content provide a useful support role.
  • Options
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    Yeah the command ships are at a distinct disadvantage as their special ability takes an decade to build up and when you can use it most of the map is dead or the mission is over.

But that console i'm fairly sure is just a click and drop platform. It's not much use for most content but something like Tzenkethi Red Alert when you have a sort of point defense role it may be of use. I've seen it used in KSA and a single player locked down both sides of the probes heading for the gate with that console and some good pets.

Well... there IS the timegated queues like Azure Nebula and Procyon V. But for Infected... I average 1 activation most of the time in my Kelvin Connie.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Most of the content in STO would see console abilities like that recharge many times over...but most of the content just isn't played by anyone because the rewards are bunk.
  • Options
    True. Although Counterpoint is still relatively alive.

Could be the added challenge Terran ships provide over Borg since Terrans use the same AI as Federation, and have access to many of the same abilities players do based on ship.