test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC and Console Patch Notes for 12/7/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 12/7 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our PC patch notes here.
You can find our Console patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,979 Arc User
    This thread says the patching with commence at 7am Pacific. However the launcher banner says 6am Pacific. Which is correct?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    YAY! Foundry's back!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • darquesanddarquesand Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    Is there a plan to resolve the Breen T6 Raider to allow players to have a Breen Hangar Pet Frigate?
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    YAY! Foundry's back!

Seconded heartily! Also:
    •Resolved an issue where some 23rd Century items were not labeled that they were from the 23rd Century.

Delighted to see this fixed. Now searching for them on the Exchange will be feasible!
  • dragon1608#3534 dragon1608 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    i did some testing on tribble for the "fixed" shield overload trait and i noticed that it is giving far less resists than on live, why does this not appear on the patch notes?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    YAY! Foundry's back!

I was just thinking that, too.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Foundry finally back :smile: ,
    sadly Q will need my attention also :'(
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    eazzie wrote: »
    This thread says the patching with commence at 7am Pacific. However the launcher banner says 6am Pacific. Which is correct?

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well.

Especially since I just got up an hour early to get some in-game things done before the shutdown. I checked the forums last night to see what was going to happen today an plan accordingly. So now I get up, start the
    launcher to see I don't have 90 minutes to accomplish what i wanted, but (now) less than 30.

If the game actually goes down at 7am Pacific, I will be one ticked off person today. Something as simple as telling folks the correct time should be an extremely simple thing to do.

Aw well, I know the game will go down in about 20 minutes now since the launcher is usually the more correct source. I guess I'll have to start loading up the game before bed anymore to get the right time.

And great, not only can't you get the blasted time right between the forums and the launcher, but the game goes down 5 minutes early. I'm not complaining that the game going down is interrupting my play time and they should move it to another time, no. THAT I can deal with. I'm complaining that the time I got from the forum post from the Dev team was wrong.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I see a couple kit modules got fixed. Has the Echo Papa drone bug been fixed?
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

Yeah, I'd like to know this as well.

Especially since I just got up an hour early to get some in-game things done before the shutdown. I checked the forums last night to see what was going to happen today an plan accordingly. So now I get up, start the
    launcher to see I don't have 90 minutes to accomplish what i wanted, but (now) less than 30.

If the game actually goes down at 7am Pacific, I will be one ticked off person today. Something as simple as telling folks the correct time should be an extremely simple thing to do.

Aw well, I know the game will go down in about 20 minutes now since the launcher is usually the more correct source. I guess I'll have to start loading up the game before bed anymore to get the right time.

And great, not only can't you get the blasted time right between the forums and the launcher, but the game goes down 5 minutes early. I'm not complaining that the game going down is interrupting my play time and they should move it to another time, no. THAT I can deal with. I'm complaining that the time I got from the forum post from the Dev team was wrong.

They almost always shut off logins 5 minutes early, so I've come to expect it. There have been a couple of times where someone got a little trigger-happy and shut those off around 15 minutes early, which is an ugly surprise.

I definitely agree that they should double-check that the start time matches between the launcher and the forum post. I always go with the launcher, provided that I have remembered to start it up at some point after the message goes out on it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    mrdragon97 wrote: »
    i did some testing on tribble for the "fixed" shield overload trait and i noticed that it is giving far less resists than on live, why does this not appear on the patch notes?

I'm not happy about it, because my current build uses the shield overload trait, but I believe they "sort of" mention the reduced performance when they wrote:

"Resolved stacking and description issues with the Shield Overload Starship Trait."

Sure, the patch notes aren't very clear and it would be nice if one of the devs clarified EXACTLY what has changed with Shield Overload.

That said, based on the patch notes it looks like Shield Overload was unintentionally giving players a stacking resistance buff.

Shield Overload hasn't made my ship completely invulnerable but prior to today's patch I can say that Shield Overload made it MUCH harder for anyone (NPC or player) to kill me. I guess the devs decided it needed to be nerfed.

All hail the glorious nerf bat!
    dd1850cea02101bdc67e827e1092c12b1294645307_full.gif
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
    Maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.