test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personal Drop/Loot table Discrepancies

texasrascal#5181 texasrascal Member Posts: 52 Arc User
edited December 2017 in PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports
How is it I can open 4, 5, 600 boxes and never get a T6 yet many people I know in game can open 10 boxes and get 2 T6 ships? Who do I contact about my loot table. It is awful not only for loxboxes but also for R&D packs. I've stopped buying R&D packs completely after 3 different people I know in game hot two ships opening less than 5 R&D packs. I have thousands of Infinity boxes but I wont open them after opening about 400 and only getting 1 T6 and 5 people I know opened less than 50 and each got at least 2 T6 ships. This is ridiculous that drop rates from 1 person to the next are so far out of whack with one another. I really would like someone at cryptic to explain this to me. Thank you.

Comments

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Random.

Number.

Generator.

That first word there is why some people get loads of stuff and others get nada.

Millions of people play the lottery and only an itty bitty tiny fraction of those millions win the grand prize in any given year. There have been some people who have won the grand prize more than once even, though not likely in the same draw.

Random. That's the word to remember, random.

Also, remember this, never bet anything you aren't willing to lose. That would include money spent buying Zen that you used to buy the packs/lockbox keys. Dilithium used to buy Zen toward the same goal. Zen you get from a your stipend if you're subbed or lifetime. Even EC spent in the same vein. If any of those things are things you aren't comfortable simply deleting from your account, then for heavens sake, don't gamble*.

*While lockboxes in STO aren't technically gambling, since you get at least something from opening them, if your intent is to open a pack/box and get a ship, you're gambling you'll be one of the lucky few.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • texasrascal#5181 texasrascal Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    @iamynaught said:
    > Random.
    >
    > Number.
    >
    > Generator.
    >
    > That first word there is why some people get loads of stuff and others get nada.
    >
    > Millions of people play the lottery and only an itty bitty tiny fraction of those millions win the grand prize in any given year. There have been some people who have won the grand prize more than once even, though not likely in the same draw.
    >
    > Random. That's the word to remember, random.
    >
    > Also, remember this, never bet anything you aren't willing to lose. That would include money spent buying Zen that you used to buy the packs/lockbox keys. Dilithium used to buy Zen toward the same goal. Zen you get from a your stipend if you're subbed or lifetime. Even EC spent in the same vein. If any of those things are things you aren't comfortable simply deleting from your account, then for heavens sake, don't gamble*.
    >
    > *While lockboxes in STO aren't technically gambling, since you get at least something from opening them, if your intent is to open a pack/box and get a ship, you're gambling you'll be one of the lucky few.

So since the lockboxes provide weapons, ships, etc how is this different than the whole lootbox scandal seen with Battlefront? I can tell you that thanks to the upgrades, ships and other lootbox items I have I can domiate other players. I get they provide an in game economy that allows you to still obtain these items but again that goes back to the hourly progression vs pay, again the same thing seen within battlefront. Battlefront II was estimated at 4k hours or 2k$ or a combo of either. Grinding for EC for instances it takes almost 2 months to buy 1 ship and that is being modest. If one wanted to get every lootbox/lobi ship your talking a lot of time and/or money. I get this game is free so don't expect to get everything for free but again its a bait and hook system if everythinf is random, it is gambling. If people don't think it is gambling then they should really go read. I didn't post this for random players to make comments or argue either as the person after you cared to make personal innuendos. Just stating this whole system is b.s. if it is totally random. There should be some guarantee and/or fairness to the drop system. If not then it is buggy depend ing on ones perspective of the game.
    Post edited by texasrascal#5181 on
  • texasrascal#5181 texasrascal Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    Wow, thanks again for all your positive comments and help. How in Gods name are you allowed to be in these forums. Your endless rude comments towards other peoples post is just over the top. Word of advise, not everyone on here is a some acared kids sitting behind a screen and bullying shouldn't be tolerated IRL or in a forum board. Continue to call people things like idiot and stupid and eventually it will catch up with you IRL. I suggest you not comment on anything I have to say ever again because I won't be put down for expressing my thoughts by you or anyone else.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,240 Community Moderator
    OK, cold, you don't have to rub it in his face. :smirk:

And OP, it is EXACTLY as it has been explained to you: RANDOM. It's not a bug. It's not broken. You aren't personally being shafted. It's just random. If you want to debate the fairness of such things and invoke the EA controversy, there's already a thread for that in Ten Forward. Have at it. This is starting to border on a rage/demand thread though, which is against the forum rules, but it's certainly not a bug report.

fAKPYlv.png
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.