test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Unsupported Video Card

wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
After Windows 10 updated last night (12/2/2017) I am now getting the dreaded "Unsupported Video Card" message. I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, 3Gb RAM and latest drivers so I shouldn't get getting this issue at all. Has anyone else seen this issue?

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Yeah, others have reported that problem after the Windows update.

I did not have the issue with STO after the Windows update which is installed on one of my desktops and both of my laptops. However, the update did break XCom 2 on my desktop; I had to re-install it to get it running again. On my older laptop Windows actually will not delete the patch files downloaded for the update... so after the Windows update my C: Drive basically has 5GB less storage for me to use because of that. Thankfully, I have made an image of the laptop's C: drive from about 2 weeks before the Windows update. I'll restore image and then let Windows update itself again... hopefully without any issues.

A friend of my got screwed by the Windows update. He said it broke Skyrim and he has over 75 mods for that game.
  • Options
    wewarren68wewarren68 Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I fixed it! I actually found the solution on the Steam Forums. I changed my resolution from 1920x1080 down to another resolution, saved it, then moved back to 1920x1080. Now I can get in.
  • Options
    shelinesheline Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Thanks Wewarren68. Today I also got an issue with the "unsupported video card" after my Windows 10 update. But thanks to your solution I can play STO again.
    So you want a Caitian science officer? Not a very good idea, after all curiosity killed the cat.
  • Options
    charlesdonovancharlesdonovan Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Confirming I had the same problem and we have a winner of a solution here!
    Thanks so much for the tip wewarren68!
  • Options
    calin666calin666 Member Posts: 1 New User
    This ACTUALLY worked. Outstanding.
    Hard to believe the developers can't figure this one out.