test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shield Overload trait bugged

postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
What is happening: activate EPTS and get big boost in resistance, after five seconds the boost disappears, then five seconds later it comes back and it continues like this. What is supposed to happen is big boost in resistance that and shield hardness that diminishes every 5 seconds for the duration. This is happening on different characters for me.

As far as I know the players cannot see the shield hardness, so I don't know whats going on there.

Comments

• Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Can someone else please test this?
  • Options
    rck01rck01 Member Posts: 808 Arc User
    I can confirm that this continues to be a problem with shield overload. Every 5 seconds it cycles between "on" and "off" - as in, the resist boost is there, then it isn't, then it's back again, etc., for 30 seconds. Really TRIBBLE up PvP matches by providing a glaring hole in resist coverage when it should be much higher, etc.

RCK01
  • Options
    daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    postinggum wrote: »
    What is happening: activate EPTS and get big boost in resistance, after five seconds the boost disappears, then five seconds later it comes back and it continues like this. What is supposed to happen is big boost in resistance that and shield hardness that diminishes every 5 seconds for the duration. This is happening on different characters for me.

As far as I know the players cannot see the shield hardness, so I don't know whats going on there.

True that.. its broken and need to be fixed.
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    The shield hardness value in system space is stuck at "50" and no longer appears to be influenced by anything, including Shield Overload starship trait (a ship I purchased specifically for this trait recently).

This appears consistent across at least 2 characters, and therefore likely affects all of them. On both I have 1/3 skill points set in shield hardness, in case that helps track down the bug.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿