test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

HURRY GET YOUR DISCOVERY UNIFORMS!

For those who missed the free Discovery Uniform Give Away and were complaining, they brought them back from now till Halloween SO HURRY AND GET YOURS!

I felt this needed to be posted as so many people aren't signing in and getting their freebies between checking forums.

Comments

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    patrickngo wrote: »
    For those who missed the free Discovery Uniform Give Away and were complaining, they brought them back from now till Halloween SO HURRY AND GET YOURS!

I felt this needed to be posted as so many people aren't signing in and getting their freebies between checking forums.

some of us aren't getting them because we don't want it.

And you're welcome to not let anyone know.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User

Did they implement the correct colour schemes yet? I still see a lot people running arround in purple ones instead of dark blue.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    A hat on a mule.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    I couldn't find the KDF version in the tailor. Perhaps I missed it.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    protoneous wrote: »
    I couldn't find the KDF version in the tailor. Perhaps I missed it.

This discovery uniform is fed only.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Ehh... Just add it to the collection and forget it exists. I mean it is free after all.

Until they revise the tailor to give us more freedom to mix and match pieces. I have no use for their costumes.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    fluffymooffluffymoof Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    Ehh... Just add it to the collection and forget it exists. I mean it is free after all.

Until they revise the tailor to give us more freedom to mix and match pieces. I have no use for their costumes.

Uhhh, they do allow you to mix and match. The best Space Barbie players use the special menus at the bottom of the tailoring screen (head/body/uniform buttons).
    One of the many Tellarite Goddesses of Beauty!

If there are posts here that do not appeal to you, or opinions you disagree with, the best way to deal with that is to resist the urge to add comments. Instead, engage with the content you like! Don't feed the trolls!
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »
    patrickngo wrote: »

some of us aren't getting them because we don't want it.

And you're welcome to not let anyone know.

He won't be happy until he turns every single thread into 100 pages of his essays whining about it :p
  • Options
    stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    zhIjamh.jpg

more pics and download links:

https://imgur.com/a/9vVcS
  • Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    I love these uniforms and think they’re in the top three of Star Trek uniforms:
    1) Wrath of Khan. For obvious reasons.
    2) Enterprise. They closely resemble what astronauts wear.
    3) Discovery. They look like the next step from Enterprise
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • Options
    totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    zhIjamh.jpg

Wrong colours. Should be blue and white. Not purple and grey
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    totenmet wrote: »
    zhIjamh.jpg

Wrong colours. Should be blue and white. Not purple and grey

The color in those pics is the closest color in game to this:

dsc-0906images-head.jpg

No other color in the in game color palette is closer.

Also, there is no "whiter" color than the white/gray color you see in those pics either.

The devs were kind of dumb putting the uniforms in the game without the actual colors from the show.

When say they're not the "actual" colours, are you talking about a very slight differences of shade or something? I ask because they look pretty much the same to me.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    yeah I like these Uniforms too, the metallic piping could be more shiny/metallic though. All in all it's a great Uniform. Can't wait for the weapons and ships!
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    The material looks a lot different depending on lighting, so it's hard to pin down a "default". K3 is about as close as I can get to it in neutral lighting based on images from costume department BTS shots and displayed costumes at Vegas recently. Which look nothing like the bright shade shown above in some circumstances.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They should just have one consistent color palette for all Uniform parts for all Factions already. Try getting that Kilt to blend with anything else. Try to get Humans, etc. on a Romulan ship to have the same color uniform of the same uniform type as Romulan Captains and crew.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »

Pretty much this. My captains all have settled on their uniforms, but maybe one day I'd like to reshuffle things or make a new toon. And then I can decide on whether or not to continue ignoring them. It's only an unlock, not cluttering your inventory and only slightly cluttering the drop down menu.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries