test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Exchange is busted again

crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
So Prior to patch on 10/19 the exchange had returned to some version of normal. However now it can take up to 2 minutes to find an item or to post it. Can you please undo whatever you did to make this happen. Truly make the exchange unusable.

Comments

• Options
    jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Just a couple of minutes ago I tried to purchase some upgrade accelerators from the Exchange but was unable to do so, to say nothing of the least of the drop in framerate in general.
  • Options
    penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    At least you can log in... I keep getting hung up on the Retreiving list of characters. This has been a problem for a long time and it just keeps getting worse. I filed a report in 2015.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    tkg2cavtkg2cav Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well thats good to know, I wasn't sure what was going on with the exchange this evening.
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Having trouble entering Romulan Command from the Adventure Zone. Very slow slow to load. After about 90 seconds the load counter is showing 18 70.

I guess that means some of the gerbils that are running in the wheels to power the servers must have died.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    It seems to me that if you post something on the exchange it hangs you up on changing maps until it posts. I posted some things on exchange waiting in pve que. It hung up on map change so I logged out and tried to get back in. Now I am hung up on retreiving characters and cant get back in. Now it says player booting failed. Tired of fighting this... gonna call it a night maybe it will be better later/tomorrow. Seriously considering going back to playing EVE online, this game is getting overly complicated, buggy as TRIBBLE, and now laggy as hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    OH and don't bother using the Rom Flotilla. I am trying to log into the Flotilla with my Rom...and it is not connecting to server. Leading me to think: why did I leave her there instead of on her ship?
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    And now the login server is FUBAR again.

izqcLpJ.jpg
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Everything is slow.

I decided to open an advanced R&D box... it took about 1 minute to get the contents of that box.
  • Options
    Yeah, I am going to take this time to go neg rep review on steam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    and down goes the exchange again
    1xe027q.png
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Confirmed, searches and purchases can take a few minutes.
  • Options
    grievous#9711 grievous Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    I am getting the same problems, takes 30 secs to 1 min to post an item in the exchange and tried changing characters and player booting failed multiple times so had to exit completely and tried logging in from start and player booting keeps failing. I think I will stop playing during event weekends since this has become the norm over the last 6 weeks.

I don't know if the problem pertains to server load for the tech upgrade event or just a problem with the earlier patch today.

Why some people are having this problem and others are not is beyond me.
  • Options
    rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    I am also having the laggy exchange issues. I wonder if there will be an emergency patch to fix this.
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Yeah, I'm locked out of my main, my engineering character, who had 32 million EC to work with for the upgrade event. Everything was fine until I went to the exchange to try and buy some tech upgrades, and it was nearly impossible to sell any keys I had, and even more difficult to try to buy the tech upgrades.

What is the point of an upgrade weekend cryptic, if you won't even let me log into my characters? You guys weren't even supposed to go near the exchange! Fix some bugs, add the miracle worker cruisers, that's it, no messing with exchange! BAD CRYPTIC!
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Now I'm blocked out of the game entirely. Player booting failed.

NOT. COOL. CRYPTIC.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Well when this hits them in the pocket book due to less sales of keys and r&d packs maybe they will perk up and pay attention. If you cant post them for sale or buy them off the exchange there is no point in spending the cash. I was going to buy 20 keys earlier but gave up and went and watched TV instead.
    If the spice dont flow you get no dough...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    crosis2014crosis2014 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    penclrtist wrote: »
    Well when this hits them in the pocket book due to less sales of keys and r&d packs maybe they will perk up and pay attention. If you cant post them for sale or buy them off the exchange there is no point in spending the cash. I was going to buy 20 keys earlier but gave up and went and watched TV instead.
    If the spice dont flow you get no dough...

No people will need to use cash, versus saved EC, to purchase keys and packs from the C-Store, rather genius level of a bug if you think about it.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    Working fine on Drozana now

So the Ferengi arranged this!
  • Options
    rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    aoav160 wrote: »
    Working fine on Drozana now

So the Ferengi arranged this!

The Ferengi usually do rig up things like this so they can hear profit blowing the in wind.