test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

When will the foundry be back up?

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,318 Arc User
    unknown but signs point to "soon" (as in probably next week or so).

Only people who could give an exact ETA are Cryptic and they won't do that.
  • doltarhrsoljahtdoltarhrsoljaht Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    That's good to hear I have written up a synopsis to a story line for introduction of an new species. Has anyone noticed 98% of the species are humanoid. ie head, 2 arms, 2 legs, central torso ..... hmmmmm I do understand the limits we placed on a movie or broadcast. But on a game? I think we can do more, MUCH more. Why is the Feline species limited to running on their hinds? hmmmm. Where is a species with tentacles or a plant species with vines. Or a species that flies or even doesn't need a ship to travel through space that can go warp 1 and is only 1.3 meters tall. Sorry I always think outside a paradigm.
  • cheesebasketcheesebasket Member Posts: 1,101 Arc User
    this game could always use more Daleks...Be more interesting then the Tzenkethi anyway
    The hamster will RULE ALLL....

Mwahahahahahahaha
    That's good to hear I have written up a synopsis to a story line for introduction of an new species. Has anyone noticed 98% of the species are humanoid. ie head, 2 arms, 2 legs, central torso ..... hmmmmm I do understand the limits we placed on a movie or broadcast. But on a game? I think we can do more, MUCH more. Why is the Feline species limited to running on their hinds? hmmmm. Where is a species with tentacles or a plant species with vines. Or a species that flies or even doesn't need a ship to travel through space that can go warp 1 and is only 1.3 meters tall. Sorry I always think outside a paradigm.
    It's 3D model limitations, aliens are limited to the basic humanoid structure as most canon species are that (due to effects limits in TV and Film) as such there's only 1 3D skeleton from most species, species that don't fit that mold are more work as they need a custom 3D skeleton unique to them and thus it's not something you could do in the foundry anyway.

Also they're auto-republishing stuff so I'd suspect the Editor to be back up any day now and the publishing to be back soon after that, there's no need for a patch for those anyway it's just a flip of a switch.
  • spock#1073 spock Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    It's the 12th of October, still not up yet. *Sighs*
  • sofascumsofascum Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    I really don't understand what takes so long to bring the edditor back online, maybe they are fixing the 'transistion' issues within the foundry.
    What you do not eat tonight, will eat you tomorrow
    sofascum wrote: »
    I really don't understand what takes so long to bring the edditor back online, maybe they are fixing the 'transistion' issues within the foundry.

It could be that there's issues outside the editor program itself that prevents brinning it up. Foundry is ran on seperate server after all.