test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why don't the Tzenkethi ships have a 2-piece console bonus?

I realize that most of us are focused on the awesome set bonuses from the new Lobi store gear and the set bonuses from the new featured episode gear, but why don't the unique consoles from the two new Tzenkethi ships have a set bonus when they are used together?

Sure, most of the time those set bonuses are pretty weak, but there since the introduction of T6 ships there have ALWAYS been set bonuses if you combine the unique consoles from both the lock box ship and the lobi store ship ... it's part of the motivation to get both ships.

Devs, can we get some type of set bonus for using the "momentum manipulator" and "peripheral refraction array" consoles together? I'm not sure what the set bonus should be ... I just noticed the fact that there isn't one and all my other lock box/lobi ships have them.
In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.

Comments

• Options
    pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    I was just giving this some additional thought and realized that a really good set bonus (good, but not OP) for having both the Tzenketi consoles would be a 50% cooldown reduction on the Tzenkethi console abilities.

In other words, if you have both Tzenkethi consoles you only have to wait 60 seconds to re-use either ability instead of having to wait 120 seconds for the console to recharge.
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,637 Arc User
    I was just giving this some additional thought and realized that a really good set bonus (good, but not OP) for having both the Tzenketi consoles would be a 50% cooldown reduction on the Tzenkethi console abilities.

In other words, if you have both Tzenkethi consoles you only have to wait 60 seconds to re-use either ability instead of having to wait 120 seconds for the console to recharge.

They usually save that for a three-piece, and they haven't released the hammerhead shaped ship yet, so maybe when that gets a 'Promotion' release we'll see the set get addressed.