What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Phoenix Prize Pack Results

Epic: 2
Ultra Rare: 6
Very Rare: 192
Rare: 493
Uncommon: 842

Yes I spent quite a bit, but overall satisfied.

Comments

• iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    meh 1 epic and 2 ur, dont know how many of the others, i got about 130 boxes though
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    The only thing i want from the prize packs are the phoenix tech upgrades, as many as i can get really. :tongue:
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    iamjmph wrote: »
    meh 1 epic and 2 ur, dont know how many of the others, i got about 130 boxes though

That's far from "meh", since both epic and UR are way below 1% probability.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

yes, i opened over 300 boxes a month back when i first returned, not a single UR or Epic.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • roadghostroadghost Member Posts: 394 Arc User
    First time I've done this. I opened 10 got 2 VR, 2 R and 6 uncommon. I'm happy with the red matter capacitor and the epic admiralty ship. Don't need to buy anymore.
  • taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Since the Phoenix box event began I've opened 1200 boxes over the past 3 offerings

0 Epic token
    1 Ultra rare

Yeah my luck hasn't been so great.
    But I really just wanted the upgrade tech anyway.

I may open another 200 tonight when I get home from work. We'll see...
    Post edited by taylor1701d on
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    200 boxes for me and not a single UR... all VR and down. What a waste of 40 bucks. My only goal is the console from the krenim ship.... but not at the chance of spending 100s of dollars.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    The only thing i want from the prize packs are the phoenix tech upgrades, as many as i can get really. :tongue:

Same here. I got a couple of epic's, but nothing really needed with them, so will keep for a rainy day!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    Upgrade Weekend starting the 19th. Dilitium Weekend coming up on the 12th. So drain Dilitium out with Phoenix then put it right back with a Dilitium Weekend, then drain again with an Upgrade Weekend. Roller Coaster ride here.

Calendar days of the week seem borked right now.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    No roller coaster for me - I still have enough phoenix packs from the first time they issued them (1 epic, 1 ur, dunno at all how many boxes, somewhere between 500 and 1000 I guess) although I'd still like one more (at least) UR for the last ship missing in my collection - but going for those isn't worth it, I'll only gamble again when I need them for what they basically are - upgrades. But right now I haven't settled on new loadouts, so no need to upgrade.

Dil weekend is still welcome, some of my toons are way below what I consider "minimum reserve for emergencies"
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Looking at these numbers. I'm going to do the smart thing. I wasted some dil to get some tokens for things I might need on other characters, or upgrades. Now, I'm going to ignore this exists outside of the daily.

Also, I have to hand it to Cryptic here. The phoenix upgrades, while nice, all I can really say though is, Good Job! The R&D upgrades were the most useful thing in all of the R&D's to make. These upgrades remove the need for those.
    ltminns wrote: »
    Upgrade Weekend starting the 19th. Dilitium Weekend coming up on the 12th. So drain Dilitium out with Phoenix then put it right back with a Dilitium Weekend, then drain again with an Upgrade Weekend. Roller Coaster ride here.

Calendar days of the week seem borked right now.

Add to this the dil sink in the new fleet holding.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Around 1000 boxes, 0 epic, 2 ur.

If not for the upgrade tokens I would say TRIBBLE it.

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The upgrade tokens are why I do it. The ships are a nice bonus. Finally picked up that Dominion bug ship. I’ve been wanting that forever. These Phoenix prize packs are worth it to me. I was about to buy more, then I saw the Dil sink. Maybe next time.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    The upgrade tokens are why I do it. The ships are a nice bonus. Finally picked up that Dominion bug ship. I’ve been wanting that forever. These Phoenix prize packs are worth it to me.

Yeppers. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Emotes, upgrade tokens, red matter capacitor, and the crystaline torp and console. Got a next to highest rare token today for a T5 ship. None of them I wanted or had so I got more upgrade tokens. My fed engie is happy with the gear upgrades.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Dunno how many I packs I have opened. Never got an epic or ultra rare token.

Not that it really matters though because I have all the T5 and T6 Event Ships that can be obtained from the pack. Don't really care about the Jem'hadar bug ship or the phallic Voth ship... The only thing of any real interest to me are the Phoenix Upgrade Techs.
  • reemus#2383 reemus Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    xyquarze wrote: »

I would still call it "meh" considering the price of the boxes and what you have to buy it with... it is literally gambling with real money..and your prize is (for most) a ship in a bottle that you can't take out and show your friends or pass on to another generation lol.

After $60 and 700+ boxes total I did end up with 1 UR. Have hundreds of upgrades as well...that well...cost more refined dil... What I should have done was apply that zen to a couple of t6 ships off the z-store....but then again...this is gambling.

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Y
    ... it is literally gambling with real money..
    After $60 and 700+ boxes ...this is gambling.
    That's your problem right there. Most folk stock dilithium from gameplay for such things, not blow the week's grocery bill on it.
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Have hundreds of upgrades as well...that well...cost more refined dil... What I should have done was apply that zen to a couple of t6 ships off the z-store....but then again...this is gambling.

Those upgrades are dilithium-free to apply. You should do better than break even just on the dilithium that you save on the upgrades. Wait 2 weeks for the upgrade event to use them for the best value.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 558 Arc User
    I can't really say I know offhand how many I've opened in the past. Having said that, the phoenix upgrades are always a handy thing to have, and all the other stuff is just gravy. ^_^ Zeph shotgun? Red Matter Capacitor? Sure, I'll take 'em!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
    I would still call it "meh" considering the price of the boxes and what you have to buy it with... it is literally gambling with real money..and your prize is (for most) a ship in a bottle that you can't take out and show your friends or pass on to another generation lol.

After $60 and 700+ boxes total I did end up with 1 UR. Have hundreds of upgrades as well...that well...cost more refined dil... What I should have done was apply that zen to a couple of t6 ships off the z-store....but then again...this is gambling.

Well, I don't use real money to buy these boxes (although I use real money quite a lot), I used all the dil in excess of my "backup for rainy days" level. And am slowly getting it back by not paying, unlike you claimed, dil for the upgrades. If you upgrade, the packs actually offer a roughly 10% discount on dil, so you're off better. Every higher rarity is just a bonus - either for the goodies or, if you don't want or need them, the multiple packs you'll get.
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Once got an epic token, dunno how may opened boxes though. Must have been around 300k dil spent. It got turned into a bunch of RMCs because I have all the event ships. I'm really glad that all the stuff I wanted is on the lower ranks, now that all my characters are decked out I can stock up on those wonderful upgrades for the next upgrade weekend. :)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    Could I have a fairly decent chance at scoring an epic token if I opened 300 boxes?
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • gwyrdallongwyrdallon Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Is the redemption store always open or just during the event? Also I seem to have really lucked out, so far I've opened 21 of these packs and gotten 2 URs, 2VRs, 4Rs and 13Us.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Could I have a fairly decent chance at scoring an epic token if I opened 300 boxes?

Possibly, I've opened about that many across all the Pheonix events I've caught, and never saw higher than a VR. So on this, it's depends on the craptastic RNG they use for everything.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
    edited October 2017
    gwyrdallon wrote: »
    Is the redemption store always open or just during the event? Also I seem to have really lucked out, so far I've opened 21 of these packs and gotten 2 URs, 2VRs, 4Rs and 13Us.

Yes, as long as you got a token.
  • totenmettotenmet Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Epic: 2
    Ultra Rare: 6
    Very Rare: 192
    Rare: 493
    Uncommon: 842

Yes I spent quite a bit, but overall satisfied.

SO you spend 6.132.000 dili approx 25.000 ZEN to get only 2 epics?

I got 1 epic (+varous other rarities) spending 800.000 dili
    and I thought I was unlucky :-)
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    All I really want is the Nandi, the Samsar also looks nice but I care less for its engineering bias. I joined the game in mid 2015 just days before its summer event which had the Nandi as the prize, but because I was busy with the base game leveling my first toon I didn't pay a great deal of attention to the event details and had no idea it had a grind for a ship, I did see the event in the launcher and wanted to try it but completely forgot to while being distracted with the base game.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    The upgrade tokens are why I do it. The ships are a nice bonus. Finally picked up that Dominion bug ship. I’ve been wanting that forever. These Phoenix prize packs are worth it to me. I was about to buy more, then I saw the Dil sink. Maybe next time.

Well, the Breen carrier is the only Breen ship I missed and now after 1.5k boxes still no bloody epic. But as I don't make a loss with those upgrade tokens I can't complain too much.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
    aurigas7 wrote: »

Well, the Breen carrier is the only Breen ship I missed and now after 1.5k boxes still no bloody epic. But as I don't make a loss with those upgrade tokens I can't complain too much.

Strange isn't it? It's almost like cryptic figured out how to make a dil sink right.
    But considering everything else (especially the new holding) the phoenix box was probably a fluke.