test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptic when will we finally get a Omni-Plasma beam arrary?? It's now only Dmg type missing.

Like the title says - my poor plasma has no omni - with the introduction of phaser it's the only one left without a mission reward. Please let the next episode reward a Plasma omni beam array.

Comments

• Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure we'll get it soon. Hold on a little longer.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Haven't seen the new Omni Phaser in action yet, anyone know how similar / different it's firing effects are to standard phasers? I'm hoping they are close enough that I won't be annoyed by it, cause otherwise I just won't be able to use it.
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
  • Options
    jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Just the same colour as standard phasers
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Like the title says - my poor plasma has no omni - with the introduction of phaser it's the only one left without a mission reward. Please let the next episode reward a Plasma omni beam array.

You dont have an RnD Plasma Omni?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omni-Directional_Plasma_Beam_Array
    or this Lock box omni?
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omni-Directional_Isolytic_Plasma_Beam_Array
    redvenge wrote: »
    Lol info page..the Set is right here
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Trilithium-Laced_Weaponry#Trilithium-Enhanced_Omni-Directional_Phaser_Beam_Array

The description hasn't been updated yet due to it becoming available yesterday and I simply wanted to play with it vs Update the wiki..It'll be done soon. I believe it gets a DMG mod at UR.

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    redvenge wrote: »

I was referring to the visual and sound effects
    jordan3550 wrote: »
    Just the same colour as standard phasers

Thank you, same sound too?
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    Would be nice to get a console mission reward that gives you the +25% damage for plasma like we have for most of the others too. I think plasma and tetryon are the only dmg types that don't have one yet.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

I have both. Sadly, they don't fit together; so, indeed, we need a mission Plasma Omni.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    Would be nice to get a console mission reward that gives you the +25% damage for plasma like we have for most of the others too. I think plasma and tetryon are the only dmg types that don't have one yet.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Plasma_Wave --Fer the plasma users.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Console_-_Universal_-_Sticky_Web --Fer the Tet users..
    Should be on the exchange...But your right ..there isn't a "mission" one yet.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Synergistic_Retrofitting_Set#Set_Powers
    This 2 piece is niiice and give a 33% boost to Plasma\Phaser\Disruptor.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options

There's a Nah'kuhl console that gives +20% Plasma dmg, iirc (Plasma Wave). And it's not from a ship, just a stand-alone console, to be had off Exchange (for pretty cheap, actually).

Otherwise, there's another Nah'kuhl console (which *does* come from a ship; the Nah'kuhl raider, iirc). And there's the +25% Plasma boost from the latest Lobi console, of course (set bonus). And, last but not least, the wicked Plasma boost from the Synergistic Retrofitting Set

That shoukd tide you over for a while. :)
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

There's a Nah'kuhl console that gives +20% Plasma dmg, iirc (Plasma Wave). And it's not from a ship, just a stand-alone console, to be had off Exchange (for pretty cheap, actually).

Otherwise, there's another Nah'kuhl console (which *does* come from a ship; the Nah'kuhl raider, iirc). And there's the +25% Plasma boost from the latest Lobi console, of course (set bonus). And, last but not least, the wicked Plasma boost from the Synergistic Retrofitting Set

Console power sucks unfortunately, which is why I imagine it's cheap...one of those powers that disables you basically while it charges up.
  • Options
    alexhurlbutalexhurlbut Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »

Console power sucks unfortunately, which is why I imagine it's cheap...one of those powers that disables you basically while it charges up.
    root you in place yes. Best when you're already cloaked and the targetS are in Gravity well.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User

root you in place yes. Best when you're already cloaked and the targetS are in Gravity well.

More than roots you in place, I tried it once and it's like other powers where you can't fire while it charges up and if you don't have battle cloak that is hard to impossible to set up without a buddy.
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    I find the Nah'kuhl console works very nicely with the Disruption pulse emitter console.
    Keeps enemies disabled and locked down in front of you while your plasma wave charges up and fires. :)
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options

More than roots you in place, I tried it once and it's like other powers where you can't fire while it charges up and if you don't have battle cloak that is hard to impossible to set up without a buddy.

MEh..He doesnt have to use the clicky..Just slot the console for the passive.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    crypticspartan#0627 crypticspartan Member Posts: 847 Cryptic Developer
    Haven't seen the new Omni Phaser in action yet, anyone know how similar / different it's firing effects are to standard phasers? I'm hoping they are close enough that I won't be annoyed by it, cause otherwise I just won't be able to use it.

Identical SFX/VFX to other normal Phasers for this exact reason.
  • Options

Hurray! Thank you thank you thank you!!!!
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    newromulan#1567 newromulan Member Posts: 230 Arc User

I appreciate the phaser for my Fed build, but kindly ask that the next mission reward a similar Plasma based Omni so that I can slot two. As you know, it's the only dmg type that does not have a mission rewarded omni.
  • Options

Yeah, clickety power is kinda lame, but it's still a passive +20%.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    Yeah it would be nice to have a mission-reward omni-plasma array, so that all energy type are largely on the same footing. Though I can say that I kinda would not have minded if crafted omni-array an lock-box omni-arrays were linked as being exclusive, and then having rep omni-arrays an mission omni-arrays being linked as exclusive, for the fact of what omni-arrays you can slot together. This could than mean that instead of having to give us a mission that has a omni-plasma array as a mission reward it could be part of a new rep instead, as well as give us more choices of what type omni-array types we can mix an match together within a given general type (plama, phaser, and such).
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User

I appreciate the phaser for my Fed build, but kindly ask that the next mission reward a similar Plasma based Omni so that I can slot two. As you know, it's the only dmg type that does not have a mission rewarded omni.

We waited almost 2 years for any other mission reward omni beam than antiproton, then almost 6 months for the next type, then almost 18 months for the next type, which was the 1st faction energy type, and have now picked up the 2nd faction energy type just 2 months later. It's almost certain that we'll get the remaining one very soon, and that they are making a concerted effort to fill in those faction types quickly.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.