test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PC Patch Notes for 9/12/17

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 9/12 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• Options
    natthaannatthaan Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    So... how will the Galaxy Interior be released?
  • Options
    irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Grace under Fire fix, thank your preferred skydaddy.
  • Options
    sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Okay, I do hope that we won't also be having maintenance on Thursday, as well!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Probably be maintanence this Thursday, this is mostly to give us the next episode to play. Plus, anything more to fix things would be a good thing.

Doubt there's help for those who are having a problem with being able to switch to Desktop with Windows button (rather than having to press Ctrl+Alt+Del)....
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    "Beyond the Nexus: Khaj'Burr NPC FX do not always display during a cutscene... This only affects Romulan Captains."

Seems like such a random thing. :D Why would being a Romulan make any difference :grey_question:
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Probably be maintanence this Thursday, this is mostly to give us the next episode to play. Plus, anything more to fix things would be a good thing.

Doubt there's help for those who are having a problem with being able to switch to Desktop with Windows button (rather than having to press Ctrl+Alt+Del)....
    Can't you just alt-tab?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    "Beyond the Nexus: Khaj'Burr NPC FX do not always display during a cutscene... This only affects Romulan Captains."

Seems like such a random thing. :D Why would being a Romulan make any difference :grey_question:

computer coding can be a finicky thing, sometimes. Sometimes something that seems totally unrelated effects something.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User

computer coding can be a finicky thing, sometimes. Sometimes something that seems totally unrelated effects something.

This, that's why it can take Cryptic (or Blizzard Entertainment or what ever is your preferred video game developer) so long to fix some bugs. What's causing the bug isn't always 100% obvious, so the developer will have to look over the code to see what's the cause and that will take time, bigger and more complex the game harder this will be.

This also why indie games can be more quick with bug fixes (if they want to) as indie games tend to be less complex then AAA-games and thus easier to fix even with a signifigantly smaller team. It's not that major developers are always incompetent but rather good indie developers know their limits and make games that are fairly simple and thus easier to fix when something goes wrong (relatively speaking, they can still overwhelming complex for someone who doesn't know coding at all aka someone like me).
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Can't you just alt-tab?

For me, Alt-tab crashes the game. Oddly, so does using the Print Screen key.

It wasn't always like this, but it's been long enough that it's not a "new" thing for me. Definitely started before Agents of Yesterday but pretty sure (but not 100% positive) after Delta Rising.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
    Our PC maintenance is now complete. Thanks for your patience and we'll see you in game!
This discussion has been closed.