test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Kill one tholian captain

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmm... must say this is amusing. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    "Ah, now eventually you do plan to have Captains on your, on your Captains tour, right? Hello?"
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    lordsteve1 wrote: »
    GG Cryptic.

Now riddle me this.....do they actually have a QA dept any more

You see the QA dept every time you look in the mirror! :|

Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • xsi1exsi1e Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    Working as intended.
    1kltX02.jpg
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    GG Cryptic.

Now riddle me this.....do they actually have a QA dept any more

You see the QA dept every time you look in the mirror! :|

Sadly i think you speak the truth.

Pretty poor showing for a company to use it's own players as guinea pigs. They have people paid to find these issues and fix the.
    SulMatuul.png
  • jcsteelejcsteele Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    I just tried both Nukara STF's; no dice.

I swear even the Trump Administration can do better than this.

I love this game, but sometimes you need to question the Devs' business practices.
  • wraithmeisterwraithmeister Member Posts: 397 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Should be a mechanism in place so that when a new endeavor is launched and quickly determined that it is not possible to complete it (i.e. there are no Tholian Captains on Nukara), someone should be able to just roll it over to the next endeavor rather than make the community wait 2 days.

OR (Event Better!) update Nukara instances so that there is a Tholian Captain (plus minions) next to transporter pad...waiting to ambush anyone who beams in :)

Perhaps in future kill endeavors should be less specific on location too...there are other tholian captains in game. Hopefully I wont soon see an endeavor to to kill a Nakuul captain, in the library, with a candlestick.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    Perhaps i will get lucky with a Sompek arena run tomorrow and a Tholian captain.
    The two nukara hard queues don't trigger the endeavor.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • feiqafeiqa Member Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Should be a mechanism in place so that when a new endeavor is launched and quickly determined that it is not possible to complete it (i.e. there are no Tholian Captains on Nukara), someone should be able to just roll it over to the next endeavor rather than make the community wait 2 days.

OR (Event Better!) update Nukara instances so that there is a Tholian Captain (plus minions) next to transporter pad...waiting to ambush anyone who beams in :)

Perhaps in future kill endeavors should be less specific on location too...there are other tholian captains in game. Hopefully I wont soon see an endeavor to to kill a Nakuul captain, in the library, with a candlestick.

Now you have me wishing they setup a Q's Halloween event. Five enter and are given a random 'weapon' and a target. You have to finish that target with that weapon before the others in the party finish their missions and try to survive. Then rank the rewards. 1-5 so getting done first is better than second and so on. Announce winners as:
    Neelix killed Wesley with the candle stick in engineering.
    Tuvok killed Neelix with the pipe wrench in the galley.
    Jane Way killed Picard with the knife in the ready room.
    Worf killed Tuvok with the lead pipe in the turbo lift.

I think I am having too much fun finding places for classic characters to off each other. . . .

Originally Posted by pwlaughingtrendy
    Network engineers are not ship designers.
    Nor should they be. Their ships would look weird.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User

don't give them any idea's. But that old clue joke was quite funny
  • pacelli1pacelli1 Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    trekpuppy wrote: »
    It will fix itself in 2 days. No need to waste dev resources on it. ;)

They already wasted their own time (and ours) giving us an Endeavor that is impossible to attain.

• benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    I just hope Cryptic has no QA depertment, because if they have, they look really bad...
  • aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    GG Cryptic.

Now riddle me this.....do they actually have a QA dept any more or do they just throw untested junk at us to pass the time. This game is feeling very amateur-hour these days I'm afraid to say. :/

Think of the Cryptic engine as a house built years ago. It was a good looking home with a modern bathroom, kitchen and appliances, living room with the 3 meter tall entertainment cabinet, and Masonite Siding. Now time has passed and there is still a Star Trek light in the front living room window but the carpet needs replacing, the appliances are out of date and failing, the bathroom needs upgrading, and the siding is still bowed and rotted. So to fix everything they go out and install a new pool.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,215 Arc User
    I think I recall that Tholian captains randomly turned up on the Nukara missions, but none of those missions are actually hard ranked.
    I stream on Twitch, look for Avoozl_
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    Checked the STOWiki on Tholian Captains. They only list the two New Romulus cave missions and 'Stormbound'.

I posted this in the 'What do you think?
    Endeavor System' earlier today:

'Well, so far today's Endeavor is a bust. I went to the cave entrance on Nakura Prime for the Hard Mission 'Transdimensional Tactics'. Entered Queue Group, then transported into the Mission. Unfortunately, it was into the holding area, the rest of the Team was already in-mission but I could not get out of the holding area. The Mission finally ended and I was hit with a 2-hour AFK penalty because I did not participate. No sh*t Sherlock, you wouldn't let me participate.

First time I ever got one of those. There is Tweet up on the STO Twitter feed:

'@trekonlinegame: We're aware of the issues with today's Endeavor but may not be able to fix it in time due to the holiday. We'll keep you posted.'
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Speaking of Nukara STFs, for the love of Q, Charlie X, the Prophets, the Pah Wraiths, and Trelane, when doing Self Destructive Tendencies, LET EVERY TEAM MEMBER IN BEFORE STARTING THE MISSION!!!

Me and another player just got a TWO HOUR AFK penalty because some idiot jumped the gun and locked us out. Then they failed.
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @aoav160 said:
    > hillard1959 wrote: »
    >
    > They'll probably fix it after the time for it runs out or they'll remove it after the time for it runs out. Stuff happens.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But QA never happens.

Every patch has bug fixes, every one, stop spreading bull.

True that. Doesn't mean their QA is stellar, though. I recall Dstahl admitting once -- in a podcast (way back when) -- they simply don't have enough resources to do the QA they want.

This one can simply be chalked up to what happened with the 'shifting' console displays at various bases: they simply queued various tasks, and accidentally forgot a few things got changed over the years. No biggie.

In fact, I don't see what the fuss is all about at all. So, we go a day without getting some gratuit EC thrown into our laps for doing as little as dropping a Polaron gun or some such; yawn. Tomorrow is another day.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Anyone play Battletech? The whole thing during 3025 era was that they had BattleMechs and could keep them running, but lost the knowledge of how to manufacture new ones. So you had Mechs that were centuries old, handed down in families and etc. STO feels that way. They can keep it running, but other than that we get...
    shrug_1f937.png
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    GJ Cryptic. Next send me off to get grid squares and headlight fluid. :#

Get me some liquid squelch cruit!​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • bioskyline1bioskyline1 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    this reminds me of the old borg weapons in s5. they worked in stories, but in STF's the NPCs didnt have the right tag to make them actually work right....
  • here's a thought.... if someone were to make a simple foundry mission that occurred on nukara and had tholian captain, would that count? I would setup up a mission for testing, but I don't know how
    Star Treking, across the universe. Only going forward because we can't find reverse...
  • reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Checked the STOWiki on Tholian Captains. They only list the two New Romulus cave missions and 'Stormbound'.

I posted this in the 'What do you think?
    Endeavor System' earlier today:

'Well, so far today's Endeavor is a bust. I went to the cave entrance on Nakura Prime for the Hard Mission 'Transdimensional Tactics'. Entered Queue Group, then transported into the Mission. Unfortunately, it was into the holding area, the rest of the Team was already in-mission but I could not get out of the holding area. The Mission finally ended and I was hit with a 2-hour AFK penalty because I did not participate. No sh*t Sherlock, you wouldn't let me participate.

First time I ever got one of those. There is Tweet up on the STO Twitter feed:

'@trekonlinegame: We're aware of the issues with today's Endeavor but may not be able to fix it in time due to the holiday. We'll keep you posted.'

Same thing happened to me. I did not waste any more time with it after the undeserved 2 hour AFK STF lockout.

• daciaeternadaciaeterna Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Mission finally ended and I was hit with a 2-hour AFK penalty because I did not participate. No sh*t Sherlock, you wouldn't let me participate.'

lmao
      HcmgIKI.png
    • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
      So do we get some sort of compensation for this uncompletable mission?
    • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      So do we get some sort of compensation for this uncompletable mission?

I wouldn't hold my breath if i were you... :sweat:
    • trekpuppytrekpuppy Member Posts: 446 Arc User
      Look at it positively. With this endeavor, they made us revisit more dead content than ever before. ;)
      ---
      "-Grind is good!" --Gordon Geko
      Accolades checklist: https://bit.ly/FLUFFYS
    • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
      trekpuppy wrote: »
      Look at it positively. With this endeavor, they made us revisit more dead content than ever before. ;)

I always did transdimentional, but before you knew you would get an experienced team on elite difficulty and now the team strength varies a LOT.
      This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      Didn't one of the livestreams have a QA person on it?

Anyway this post has saved me wasting time hunting one down.
    • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
      The project leader has a rank of captain, but doesn't count for the endeavour anyway.
      Q9BWcdD.png
    • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
      Only killing a captain on Nukara appears to counts as I have killed captains in three other areas and they did not count sadly enough...
      If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
      Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
      Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
      ingame: @.Spartan
      Romulan_Republic_logo.png
      Former Alpha & Beta Tester
      Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
      The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    This discussion has been closed.