test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The 26th Century Anthology - Discussion Thread

Comments

• zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I'll contribute a Molindran sci officer (if people would liek to use them go ahead), because I don't think I'll be able to contribute to the anthology with a mission.
    I also vote for Esparensa Dax.

Name: Ver'Milva Palko
    Job: Federation science officer.
    SLIDERS NOTE: I typically widen the cranium slightly, and place the leg lenth meter at maximum for members of this race.
    A Highly telepathic species, enough to manipulate physical objects with their minds.
    rf6f4Rd.jpg

The Molindran species joins the Federation in the early 26th century (or late 24th century- I lost my notes! {AHHHH!}). Although young Ver'Milva has a slight superiority complex (in human years she be compreable to a 22 year old), over the "primitive species" she serves with, however she refuses to allow it to effect her duties and does her best to ensure she doesn't come off as xenophobic. She decided to join starfleet to try and get over her own prejudiced (which she blames on her alien disliking parents), this courseof action has been done by many of the younger members of her kind to learn more about the state of the galaxy. She hopes to find more artifacts of her people scatered through the cosmos.

Why do I still play and put money into STO?
    The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
  • starfarerthetastarfarertheta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Still working on L'yar's intro dialogue, but I've made some more anthology banners!
    WPBdRyL.png
    yfwoWys.png
    mZke8Vl.png
    Post edited by starfarertheta on
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    Sliders: (from my original SSF character bucket but except for the uniforms these are current with 26c)

Frank (no slider adjustments needed, just head type, coloration, and hands)
    Itrex
    Ross

I'll be working up 26c Cetsa slider screenshots when I have the chance.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    Still working on L'yar's intro dialogue, but I've made some more anthology banners!
    WPBdRyL.png
    yfwoWys.png
    mZke8Vl.png

Awesome!!!!! Can I be a wanker and ask for a yellow version of the fed one? :D

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
    edited August 2017
    @thay8472, A yellow banner approaches...
    sgXg5oB.png

Edit: I only had to move a hue slider here and there for this one.
  • haurianthauriant Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    Drogyn, is what you want just screenshots of the slider settings? Because that I can do. But I also know about those files that can be downloaded and put in the screenshots folder to be accessible by in-game tailors. I don't know how to make those.
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    hauriant wrote: »
    Drogyn, is what you want just screenshots of the slider settings? Because that I can do. But I also know about those files that can be downloaded and put in the screenshots folder to be accessible by in-game tailors. I don't know how to make those.

If you've got 10k dilithium, that will open up the foundry to make your characters with the sliders
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius

That's not something we have to worry about here. :) The in-game tailor file stuff is handled through the "save outfit" button, which puts a ready-to-transfer screenshot file (plus costume metadata) in your screenshot folder. The Foundry can't access that. So for authors to replicate costumes we just need the sliders.
      Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
      Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
      edited August 2017
      I put all my characters' costume settings in a separate post, so that I wouldn't fill more of this one with more images in a row than I already have. Each individual post contains one character's settings, with their name. I hope this works for you.

Here it is: https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1233895/hauriants-26th-century-foundry-series-characters/p1?new=1

NOTES:

—I changed Lothair's name to Kejal. It's the Bajoran word for "freedom," and Kejal chose it in part because he initially stated his journey in the same place Odo lived. He sees himself living in freedom for a while before having to rejoin his people and live as a god. For the moment, he lives in freedom. Because he wants to develop a firm individual personality based on decades of experience, he wants to wait before linking with any other Changeling. He doesn't like being around Jem'Hadar because of their worship.

—Mara has to be set as "Alien" rather than "Klingon" It's the only way to get that new hairstyle.

—The Horta Counselor should use the "Horta 02" contact.

—In our day "Eugene," the name of Mara's father, would not seem to be a suitable name for a great warrior from an interstellar empire. The Klingons see the name as alien, but have no preconception about an implied personality. Eugene is an honorable, resected warrior of the Empire.
      @thay8472, A yellow banner approaches...
      sgXg5oB.png

Edit: I only had to move a hue slider here and there for this one.

heh.

29-thank-you-meme-6.jpg

2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
      edited August 2017
      FYI; 2534 is 450 years since Archer became President of the Federation.

Anniversary???

I05-22-CentaurusA.jpg
      Post edited by rickysmith1 on
      STAR TREK CONTINUES
      Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
      Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
      Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
      Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
      Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
      One suggestion. The Enterprise should have forcefield chairs that can be summonable at request. Because there are no chairs on the bridge, and many biological being might want too sit down. In fact, I believe that in the mid-25th century Starfleet Commander Harry Kim ordered that all stand-up stations be equipped with forcefield chairs. Something about how he'd had to spend seven years standing.
    • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
      How would you accomplish that in the foundry?
      The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
      edited August 2017
      Just say it. You don't have to show anyone. Though maybe with sitting animation with Y (Y?) at .25 or something. It's more a lore thing for me. I just pity everyone on the Enterprise-J bridge (except for the Horta counselor). No chairs.

(Obviously, it's just a suggestion. I just think it would be funny. I'm considering mentioning it as an aside in my mission, if no one else does it.)
      Post edited by hauriant on
      Just say it. You don't have to show anyone. Though maybe with sitting animation with Y (Y?) at .25 or something. It's more a lore thing for me. I just pity everyone on the Enterprise-J bridge (except for the Horta counselor). No chairs.

The wells had chairs, they were from the 29th century? So ... we know chairs still exist :P

That won't work. The npc will just 'fall' to 0. It'll have them sitting on the ground with their legs buried under the floor. You could use invisible walls, but speaking for myself I would rather have the chair ... or smuggle a Son'a sofa on board.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
      edited August 2017
      thay8472 wrote: »
      know chairs still exist :P

That won't work. The npc will just 'fall' to 0. It'll have them sitting on the ground with their legs buried under the floor.

A 10ft invisible floor asset would fix that but it might create a problem for players navigating around the room unobstructed. I think a standing workplace is fine for the Ent-J. If comment is needed, we could say that the FED in the 26th century encourages its officers to be more mobile when on bridge duty (ie. moving from station to station, overseeing a variety of tasks rather than one specialized post.)
      edited August 2017
      Very well, I'll just say it. It's just that the first time I saw the 26th century bridge, I thought: Where are the chairs??? It seemed like an odd oversight.
      L'yar's sliders:
      NkEsH2J.png

Intro dialogue:

L'Yar
      You must be Captain [Name]. I am Captain L'yar of the Durgath. Welcome to the Centaurus A expedition.
      Player: I couldn't pass up on an opportunity like this.
      ===================================================================

L'yar
      Of course. Many here look forward to the opportunity to take their first steps in a new galaxy. It's written so clearly in the taste of their emotions. I dare say some friendly rivalry is already developing.

There are those who say there is glory and honor to be found through charting the unknown, especially if you're the first. Which is why I intend for the Durgath to be the first to reach the new galaxy. Although, we cannot forget why this expedition is happening in the first place.

Speaking of which, if you'll excuse me I need to oversee some final preparations. May you find your own glory Captain.
    • paxfederaticapaxfederatica Member Posts: 1,496 Arc User
      Why not just make them holographic chairs, that follow the same solidity "rules" as chairs in a holodeck program would? That way you could just use regular chair assets (even sittable ones) and trigger them in/out as needed.
      edited August 2017
      Here are Irla's costume sliders and additional character information (also posted on my blog):

Irla_head.png

Irla_body.png

Vitals:
      • Name: Irla
      • Race: Changeling
      • Sex: Androgynous; presents as vaguely female (and may be referenced using feminine pronouns)
      • Allegiance: Dominion
      • Role: Expedition "observer"

Appears in the following missions:
      • "The Hundredth" (Fed/Allied Rom) by @NCC-89471
      • "Wa'vatlhDIch (The Hundredth)" (KDF/Allied Rom port of above mission) by @NCC-89471

Biography:

Irla is a Changeling, native to the so-called "Great Link" in the Gamma Quadrant. She was the last known member of The Hundred (a cohort which also included Odo and Laas) to be accounted for after being sent forth from the Great Link to explore the Milky Way galaxy, after turning up unexpectedly in the Delta Quadrant in 2410.

Irla was given her name by an unknown resident of a Delta Quadrant planet who kept her as some kind of pet before she learned how to escape. (She has no idea of the name's meaning or significance, but liked it enough to adopt it anyway.) Irla spent most of her youth as prey for Hirogen hunters obsessed with taking her as a unique trophy. As a result, she had to learn quickly how to survive on her wits, and to use and control her abilities toward that end. She did not know of the Great Link until she was rescued from a Borg planet by an Alliance ship and crew, and then introduced to the Link by Odo.

Character notes, with respect to the 26th Century Anthology:
      • Irla's presence on the Centaurus A expedition is due to a Dominion delegation, including another Changeling, being on Earth for a diplomatic mission at the time of the planet's apparent transplantation to the Centaurus A galaxy. Determined to bring another of their wayward gods home, the Dominion wanted to send a Jem'Hadar fleet to accompany the expedition; after the Alliance balked at this, Irla volunteered to accompany the expedition on her own instead, in part as gratitude for having been rescued by the Alliance a century earlier.
      • Though officially on the Centaurus A expedition as merely an observer, Irla and her abilities as a Changeling (which, given her experiences in and out of the Great Link, would be considerably more advanced than that of Lothair, another Changeling character in the anthology) could come in handy for our heroes - not just for impersonating other people, but for more practical tasks like picking locks, punching/drilling through walls, turning into vapor or smoke for concealment purposes, or even an expanding gas to blow things up from the inside out. (As established in "The Hundredth", Irla can also take cosmozoan form.)
      • Irla's costume settings are as she appears in "The Hundredth". Feel free to change her outfit as needed/desired for anthology missions, or even to tweak her physical features a bit - she is a Changeling, after all.
      • Irla's personality is a bit earthier and less stiff than other Changelings seen in canon (Odo, Laas, the "female" Changeling played by Salome Jens).
      • She could serve as a mentor/friend to Lothair, perhaps doing for him what Odo did for her at the conclusion of "The Hundredth". This would continue an unbroken line of older Changelings mentoring younger ones, from Jens's character to Odo to Irla to Lothair.
      edited August 2017
      [*] She could serve as a mentor/friend to Lothair, perhaps doing for him what Odo did for her at the conclusion of "The Hundredth". This would continue an unbroken line of older Changelings mentoring younger ones, from Jens's character to Odo to Irla to Lothair.

That could definitely work. I replaced his name with "Kejal." Lothair sounded too Earth-centered. Kejal is the Bajoran word for freedom, and he seems himself as living as a free individual now. (He started on Bajor and modeled his early life on Odo before joining Starfleet.) He knows his fate is to eventually join the link and be a god to the Dominion races, but he's not ready for a long time. He would definitely not want to link with her, because he wants to develop a strong sense of self based on experiences before he links with another Changeling. Maybe in the final episode, if the authors want he might have to, but he'd resist. Maybe even in yours, if you want. But as for talking with her, absolutely no problem. He would probably not want to be around Vorta or Jem'Hadar, though. Too much worship.

Do you see Irla as traveling on the Enterprise or another of the Alliance ships?
    • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
      When is it beginning then?

I only ask because I am 40% done with my next episode of my series and want to be able to manage my time.
      STAR TREK CONTINUES
      Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
      Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
      Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
      Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
      Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy
      [*] She could serve as a mentor/friend to Lothair, perhaps doing for him what Odo did for her at the conclusion of "The Hundredth". This would continue an unbroken line of older Changelings mentoring younger ones, from Jens's character to Odo to Irla to Lothair.

That could definitely work. I replaced his name with "Kejal." Lothair sounded too Earth-centered. Kejal is the Bajoran word for freedom, and he seems himself as living as a free individual now. (He started on Bajor and modeled his early life on Odo before joining Starfleet.) He knows his fate is to eventually join the link and be a god to the Dominion races, but he's not ready for a long time. He would definitely not want to link with her, because he wants to develop a strong sense of self based on experiences before he links with another Changeling. Maybe in the final episode, if the authors want he might have to, but he'd resist. Maybe even in yours, if you want. But as for talking with her, absolutely no problem. He would probably not want to be around Vorta or Jem'Hadar, though. Too much worship.

Do you see Irla as traveling on the Enterprise or another of the Alliance ships?

Probably aboard the Ent-J. Originally I had Irla coming with a small Vorta/Jem'Hadar entourage but that is not necessary. She could insist on going alone and the Vorta and Jem'Hadar wouldn't dare stop her.
    • theyredeadjimtheyredeadjim Member Posts: 243 Arc User
      For your holographic chairs, you could use a small asset, such as a bowl, for the NPC to sit on. This would prevent the NPC from falling to 0, and having the legs in floor issue.
    • drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
      When is it beginning then?

I only ask because I am 40% done with my next episode of my series and want to be able to manage my time.

We're going to do a mission building challenge right after the next downtime, but like AEI or the Iconian War, authors will be free to make missions for [26c] any time they like.
      The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
      edited August 2017

Probably aboard the Ent-J. Originally I had Irla coming with a small Vorta/Jem'Hadar entourage but that is not necessary. She could insist on going alone and the Vorta and Jem'Hadar wouldn't dare stop her.

Don't feel you have to leave out the Jem'Hadar on Kejal's account. If anything him encountering them gives some chance for some characterization. Do as you (and the people making the initial mission) feel works for your character.

For your holographic chairs, you could use a small asset, such as a bowl, for the NPC to sit on. This would prevent the NPC from falling to 0, and having the legs in floor issue.

If it can work and look good, that's fine. I mainly suggested forcefield chairs as a matter of lore. It just seemed so weird and uncomfortable for the bridge to have no chairs. I can totally see us only appearing on the bridge when everyone is on their feet and active.
    • zionus0zionus0 Member Posts: 395 Arc User
      If the Iconian spent all that time in the Andromeda Galaxy, would it be logical for many races there you serve them? Maybe servitor races stole earth or had a hand in it?
      Why do I still play and put money into STO?
      The Foundry, and my love of Star Trek
      zionus0 wrote: »
      If the Iconian spent all that time in the Andromeda Galaxy, would it be logical for many races there you serve them? Maybe servitor races stole earth or had a hand in it?

The people who created the series decided to go with the Sagittarius Galaxy. The fact that Cryptic might back to Andromeda one day to deal with the aftermath of the Iconian War or possibly the Kelvans (http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Kelvan) combined with the association with Mass Effect—Andromeda made them think choosing Sagittarius was safer.