test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will Phoenix Boxes appear again in the future?

2»

Comments

• Options
    nikeixnikeix Member Posts: 3,972 Arc User
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    I opened around 1200 boxes now in total, still no Breen carrier for my KDF Sci char. It's the only Breen ship he doesn't have.

It's a good demonstration why one should never open lockboxes for anything but lobi.

Um, phoenix boxes and lock boxes are WILDLY different things...
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    The most recent phoenix box event on console was something I stumbled across because there was no info about it on what is claimed to be the news section of the login screen. It's still claiming that the privateer lockbox drops are still a thing when consoles are now onto infinity boxes and no hint of the upcoming mirror event.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Think about all the stuff you'll be able to upgrade

And the dilithium saved.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    They will rise again from the ashes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Phoenix Prize Packs will never return.

What you are experiencing this weekend is merely a figment of your imagination.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Submitted for your approval, the case of the Phoenix Prize Pack. Put in Star Trek Online to absorb Dilitium that has been flowing into the game from every nook and cranny. It gives that glimmer of hope to those not fortunate enough to share in the exclusivity of Event Ships of the before-times. It takes the sting out of the mind-numbing costs to upgrade your items.

It shows up for a week and then disappears into a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It goes to that middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    nikeix wrote: »
    Um, phoenix boxes and lock boxes are WILDLY different things...

How so ? I guess the the RNG is the same and the odds for a grand price are the same.

Baiscally the same thing, just way better entry conditions and way better consolation prices.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Will Phoenix Boxes appear again in the future?

No! We will NEVER see them again!
    Except for right now...
    And the next time they do it...
    And the time after that...
    ... :D

• Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    These were not the Phoenix boxes you where looking for
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    blackshap9#1072 blackshap9 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Well the fact that they have had 3 key sales in the last 8 weeks, 2 new Boxes to open and made new ships to buy they seem super desperate for money so I wouldn't be surprised if they came back month. I thought is was really questionable that they has Phoenix and Upgrade weekend at the same time. Again, it shows that they are desperate for money because there is no other reason to do that except to try and sell dilithium on the exchange.