test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crash to Desktop issue after Season 13 update

rtm1962rtm1962 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
since the update I haven't been able to play for more than a few minutes at a time before I get Cryptic's "Oops! your Cryptic application has crashed" pop up. I've submitted dozens of these, and I understand that they don't respond to them, but still no fix either.
I've also worked the problem through the Customer Support service and they said
" Having reviewed the information you supplied, we've come to the conclusion that this may be the result of an unreported gameplay bug. Regretfully, we don't have a resolution for the issue at this time. We are always trying to improve the gameplay experience for all of our games and we appreciate the time you took to notify us of your concern. We would like to resolve the issue as quickly as possible; however, some issues require development time from departments outside of Customer Support and cannot be immediately resolved by a Game Master.

The best way for us to ensure that this is resolved as quickly as possible is for you to directly submit an in-game bug report with your findings by selecting 'Bug Report' from the list of available help options. This ensures that our developer and quality assurance teams receive all of the information they need to properly investigate the cause of a given issue."

when the program crashes, I don't gen an error message other than the the Oops message which doesn't give an indication of what caused the crash... I'm running with the console option on, but when the game crashes, it shuts down the console at the same time so I can't see what's happening.

here are a couple of items from the console that were highlighted:

ERROR: WARNING: Keyword setup for Death requested by Chart Stance_Stuns was already created for use at runtime by Chart Deaths, skipping incoming request (check charts for a duplicate stance column & fix any other chart output errors!)
done (387 LoadTime, 123 Base, 852 RunTime) (0.33)

client loadend_printf count exceeds current estimation, please increase max_count at c:\src\CrossRoads\GameClientLib\GameClientLib.c(689)
Removing unused resource status... done. (0.06)

ERROR: File: Character_Creation_01
Last Author/Status:Source Control not available
Loading the same file name twice in a row!
UNACCOUNTED FOR (2.59)

Ideas anyone?

Comments

• rtm1962rtm1962 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    My problem started with the season 13 update, and after the latest update, I can't even load a character, crashes so fast I haven't been able to copy the data from the console screen! after trying to work the issues with support I get told to file bug reports, but I probably won't get any feedback on the issue because of the way they handle bug reports, so I won't even know it's fixed?
    it's obviously something at our end, otherwise there'd be a lot more complaints, but this is the only program having the problem, so it's something in their program interacting with our systems.
  • rtm1962rtm1962 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    seems like the more I play a toon, the quicker it crashes, made the mistake of going to ESD, now I can't even load the toon before it crashes. Online support still calls it an "Unreported Gameplay Bug" and says to file an In-game Bug Report, from a toon that I can't load to a gameplay screen?
    Has anyone else had success resolving this issue?
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Way too long to retype it all, see my response here
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/comment/13250321

Basically if the game isn't causing the problem, the game console isn't going to tell you anything helpful anyway, however the Cryptic logs and Windows event logs can tell you a lot.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png