test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't use my skillpoints (correction, specialization points)

drakirnosslindrakirnosslin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
edited August 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
For some reason I can't use my skillpoints anymore. I've tried on 4 of my characters so far (all lvl 60), and the "Purchase" button isn't illuminated. And I have enough skillpoints. One character has like 55 Skillpoints to use.
I've tried to dubble-click on the skill and then choose "buy", but nothing happens.
Anyone else having this problem?
Post edited by drakirnosslin on

Comments

• saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    I just leveled 3 times - 1 from admirality, 1 from DOFFs, and 1 in Brushfire - i'm now level 59, but i did not get any Spec points for this...
    Edit:
    I just finished Brushfire and i got promoted to level 60 - still not seeing any spec points... and the leveling was much faster then normal, i mean 2 levels on admirality and DOFFs and 2 in one mission?
    Post edited by saber1973a on
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @saber1973a Every time you level up AFTER Level 60 will reward you one Specialization point.

Sorry... correction is "AFTER LEVEL 50".

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Captain_Specialization
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited August 2017
    For some reason I can't use my skillpoints anymore. I've tried on 4 of my characters so far (all lvl 60), and the "Purchase" button isn't illuminated. And I have enough skillpoints. One character has like 55 Skillpoints to use.
    I've tried to dubble-click on the skill and then choose "buy", but nothing happens.
    Anyone else having this problem?

@drakirnosslin You mean your Specialization Points, right? Check to make sure your skill points in the skill tree did not reset.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    @saber1973a Every time you level up AFTER Level 60 will reward you one Specialization point.

Where you get it after Level 60? - i normally always started to get Specialization points after Level 50 - that's when normally skill points stop adding.
    edited August 2017
    Is it 50? I thought it was 60.

It's been so long since I had to worry about it. LOL!

• drakirnosslindrakirnosslin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    @where2r1 , You're right, I meant Specialization points. And I just checked the Skilltree (thx for the tip), but they (ground and space) are filled as they should. So the problem isn't there. And I find it strange that all characters seem affected by it.
    I did however notice in the skilltree that some of the "options" (like 10% extra protection on shield drain) can't be selected as a choice. It just keeps resetting them when I try to select one. Possibly a part of the same bug.
  • f8explorer#7814 f8explorer Member Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    saber1973a wrote: »
    I just leveled 3 times - 1 from admirality, 1 from DOFFs, and 1 in Brushfire - i'm now level 59, but i did not get any Spec points for this...
    Edit:
    I just finished Brushfire and i got promoted to level 60 - still not seeing any spec points... and the leveling was much faster then normal, i mean 2 levels on admirality and DOFFs and 2 in one mission?

I'm having the exact same problem on two toons now. It's got me extremely frustrated.

Joint Forces Commander ... / ... proud member of ... boq botlhra'ghom / AllianceCenCom!
    " We stand TOGETHER and fight with HONOR!"

U.S.S. Maelstrom, NCC-71417 (Constitution III-class/flagship) --- Fleet Admiral Hauk' --|-- Dahar Master Hauk --- I.K.S. qu'In 'an bortaS (D7-class / flagship)
  • penclrtistpenclrtist Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    I had one toon like that it said the skill tree was invalid and you had to respec. Maybe that is the case here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drakirnosslindrakirnosslin Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Yup, it was the case for me. Probably the old bug from last year after temporal agent. After a respec it solved the problem for me. Funny thing was that respec on one character made it possible to use the spec on other chars without using a respec on them. Weird as heck, but at least it solved the problem.
    I don't have any info about my skills being invalid... (unless it's simply not displayed in my skills tab), i just did not get any specs points after leveling from level 56 (or so) up to level 60 on one of my toons and another from 59 to 60.
    Also the leveling was very fast - it was first time in looong that i jumped 1 level form DOOFs, 1 from Admirality and 2 levels in one mission at that high levels.