test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please give us the Standard TNG phaser pistol and Rifles seen in First contact.

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,407 Arc User
Please, I want a standard TNG phaser pistol so badly. Not the glowing holo hair dryer of doom we have at end game currently. Or the fish stick phaser rifles. Please give us the rifles and pistols seen in the shows and movies. :)
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I 2nd this. Or just remove the silly holograms from existing models and it might encourage me to start using them.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    sisko09sisko09 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Considering they are doing a lot of TNG themed stuff, I wouldn't put it past them
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Fish stick Phaser rifle you say ?...

*Intrigued*
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    captainperkinscaptainperkins Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    The TNG 30th would be a good time to do a TNG rep system with the phasers from TNG and first contact and maybe even accurate galaxy class interior and bridge? I could imagine a few cool things, like a torpedo cluster that fires off and splits in to five torps after it distances from the ship and multiphasic shields. A few cool TNG style abilities. a t6 ambassador class.

Yep there's def some fun stuff to mine here.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    I think we'd be more likely to see the TNG rifle than the First Contact rifle.
    latest?cb=20050427125745&path-prefix=en

Either way I wouldn't mind a new weapon for my main's collection. And I want Crusher's Lab Coat. Hell... even throw in her hairstyle.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I 2nd this. Or just remove the silly holograms from existing models and it might encourage me to start using them.

I never got why they added all of that...it was never in canon...and they never added all those holo bits on any of the other weapon types.
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    And while we're at it could we adjust the scale of the hand weapons as well? So they look like hand weapons? I get you Devs are proud of the way they look and want people to clearly see the details. But a rifle based weapon which scales out to just over five to six feet long is a little silly. Almost as silly as a pistol based weapon which appears to have the same dimensions as the hand held hair dryer found in beauty salons.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator
    lianthelia wrote: »

I never got why they added all of that...it was never in canon...and they never added all those holo bits on any of the other weapon types.

It was meant to visually distinguish the different mark levels. Since they were Fed, they had to build it up more in a Fed style. They can't slap more blades on like the Disruptors or bulk it up more like with the Plasma.

The more complicated and built up, the higher the mark. At a certain point, they decided on holobits because any bulkier and it would be VERY unwieldy and ridiculous looking.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)