test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

'The Dragon's Deceit' Mission Broken

tomaertimtomaertim Member Posts: 1 Arc User
The mission ('The Dragon's Deceit' > Holes and Corners > Defeat Leader) all progress halts after a cutscene that introduces the enemy leader to be defeated. He disappears making it impossible to fight him and progress though mission. Have tried several times to no avail. Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    I've also experienced this bug sine the Summer event started; another possibility is that this is the 1st time I've tried to run the mission with Win 7 Pro 64-bit...
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    For more timely assistance, try using the search function. Not trying to be sarcastic, just pointing out that I have yet to experience a mission bug that hasn't already been addressed in the forums and a few minutes of searching/reading is a lot quicker than starting a new post and waiting...and waiting...and waiting, for someone to respond.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/discussion/1232075/dragons-deciet-holes-and-corners-boss-bug?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6IjMwNTk5ODgiLCJuYW1lIjoiYXJpb25pc2EiLCJlbWFpbCI6ImFyaW9uaXNhQHlhaG9vLmNvbSIsInBob3RvdXJsIjoiaHR0cDpcL1wvaW1hZ2VzLWNkbi5wZXJmZWN0d29ybGQuY29tXC9hcmNcLzQ2XC8zNFwvNDYzNGMzZGQ4OTI0MzM5NjExYmE4MDhiMGU5YTU2NzMxNDY5MjMyNjk5LmpwZyIsInJvbGVzIjoiTWVtYmVyIiwiY2xpZW50X2lkIjoiMTQ0Mzk2ODk4MSJ9+60fb766d47e51bf60e3108e7f909559d3e149860+1499305576+hmacsha1
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    The engneer turret deply really helped out here, when i was questing on an alt. A tip from another threat.
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • Options
    aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    There has been three updates since a dev posted that they know about this issue... I cant understand why moving a spawn point would take so long to make happen....

For what it is worth bugs such as this have plagued that story line since release yet they never seem to get fixed... I stopped playing because of them for a long time... Sad really... So much time and effort goes into new revenue stream stuff but fixing issues seems not to be a priority unless it directly involves cash flow...
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I have played through Dragons Deceit a LOT of times (I got a LOT of toons) and I have never experienced that problem. I just happen to have another toon that has almost reached that phase of the story line, the post I linked to showed a new post, and after reading it, I bookmarked it in case I do experience that bug this time around.

I seem to recall a similar bug happening in one of the Iconian missions where NPCs would spawn either in the wall, or under the floor, making the mission impossible to finish that eventually got fixed, but as I recall everyone was having that problem and there was no work around, the only option was to keep replaying the mission and hope it didn't happen the next time. From what I can tell from the forums, the Dragons Deceit bug is only affecting a (relative) few people and has a viable work around other than to just keep replaying the mission till you get lucky. Which, unfortunately would tend to make it a low priority.

I'm sure they will eventually get to it. I am also sure that if it was as simple as just adjusting a spawn point it would have been done during the first maintenance after the bug was first reported.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    @arionisa: This was the first time I had ever seen this particular bug, and I did not find a thread on it until your post, so thanks for that! The prior 7 toons all ran the mission normally, and Galik was a real pushover this time with Sompek lightning, once I could get to him... :)
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013