test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bundle advice...

dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
Taking advantage of the Sale, I have decided to buy myself one of the 3 ship bundles, but unsure which bundle would be best to buy so looking for some advice from more experienced players...

I have 3 Characters (rl prevents me from working on more for the time being) 2x Fed (one being a Temporal agent from last year) and my main is a Rom Tac pilot (Currently flying a Baltim Raider)

I like the look of the Rom Flagships and Command ships, although general consensus is that the Command Bridge officer skills are pretty useless, the Faction ship deals look ok apart from the fact I don't have a Klingon (Yet). Then there is the Temporal ship bundle... that I can use on all my characters, but not sure the Temporal ships are worth using over their current ships (My Feds fly a Vengeance and the other a Breen Carrier, which I find great fun when combined with Sci powers)

As always, all advice appreciated.

Answers

• gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Ok, the command abilities are not so good, but the bundle ships are great!, with the console set and good ítems, they are beasts!. I dont like the 31 temporal bundle for a simple reason, you dont have access to diferent faction materials.. and i hate that in any ship!, no choice, no buy for me.

The 29th century ships are great, but federation only, thou a i love them all.

If you want something that really packs a punch, the Morrigu, Kurak and T6 avenger (always forget that name) are an incredible investment.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Uh...I think the only 29c ships are the Temporal ones like the Wells, R'mor, Tavath ect..But they aint C store..

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Ok, the command abilities are not so good, but the bundle ships are great!, with the console set and good ítems, they are beasts!. I dont like the 31 temporal bundle for a simple reason, you dont have access to diferent faction materials.. and i hate that in any ship!, no choice, no buy for me.

If you want something that really packs a punch, the Morrigu, Kurak and T6 avenger (always forget that name) are an incredible investment.

Thanks for the advice :-) Which Command bundle are you talking about? The Command ship Bundle or the Flagship command bundle ie T6 Scimitar)? (Both have Command abilities)
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Uh...I think the only 29c ships are the Temporal ones like the Wells, R'mor, Tavath ect..But they aint C store..

True, sometimes i misplace the era! :wink: thanks, i mean the Sagitarius, and the others from that set.
    dykeras wrote: »

Thanks for the advice :-) Which Command bundle are you talking about? The Command ship Bundle or the Flagship command bundle ie T6 Scimitar)? (Both have Command abilities)

I have them both, thou i find that the command ship bundle is better overall, neither are bad, but the flagships are slugish a little bit good for use with beams, with the comand bundle i can use cannons, with the flagships cant, so it all comes down to your play style and have fun :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • dykerasdykeras Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Thanks for all the advice, but checking the Kopesh/Flagship bundle, seems the consoles are not that great (and a 4th behind an event ship I don't have) so worth getting the bundle or splashing out on a few separate ships (Such as Vastam and Kopesh)?
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    dykeras wrote: »
    Thanks for all the advice, but checking the Kopesh/Flagship bundle, seems the consoles are not that great (and a 4th behind an event ship I don't have) so worth getting the bundle or splashing out on a few separate ships (Such as Vastam and Kopesh)?

if you don't like the look of the set your probably better off not getting the 3 pack. in fact, in sto you should never buy anything in less your 100% sure sure about it.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Save the zen and wait for the 18 of July.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Save the zen and wait for the 18 of July.

What happens then? We already have a 20% off sale right now.

The Arbiter (T6 Avenger) is a great cruiser and the Emergency Weapon Cycle trait is very good for any ship with heavy Engineering seating. The ship is reasonably nimble, though probably not enough for dual cannons.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Generally speaking, the battlecruiser bundle is good for tactical and engineers. The Morrigu is doable for science captains since it has two science consoles instead of just one; but 3 engineering consoles instead of 4 compared to the Fed and KDF variants. It is maneuverable enough to use dual cannons / dual heavy cannons. I am using it with dual cannons.

The T3 Valdore's Shield Absorptive Frequency Generator console is decent by itself; energy weapons have a 2.5% chance to heal shields at up to 2x the damage they deal. However, it is the 2 piece set with the Morrigu's console that really make the Valdore worth buying. The two piece bonus gives you +5 weapons, resistance to weapon power drain, and a 25% reduction in weapon power cost.

A good compliment to the Morrigu is the T6 Melam Light Warbird because of the Withering Barrage ship trait which extends cannon scatter volley by 4 seconds.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The 31c ships are some of my personal favorites. Being cross faction just makes then that much better, even more so is the fact they're fleet grade. So are the command ships, but not all z-store ships are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    PPPpppsssstttttt....make sure you clear out all the "reclaimable" ships in your roster so you don't end up doing what I did and run out of space. LOL! Do as I say, not as I do.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2017
    Honestly..

You can do anything you want in this game with any of the ships you're looking at. Get the one(s) you like best.. the ones you most want to fly and then do a build around that ship.

You don't have to worry about picking a ship that 'sucks' over a ship that's 'good,' because any ship can be made good. If you already know what type of ships you want to play (large heavy cruiser, small zippy damage dealer, science ship, etc) then we can help you pick a ship that fits that style.

If you're just looking for a cool ship and you are going to play to the strengths of that ship, then you can honestly pick whatever you want. You're going to be staring at this ship for your entire play time, so I recommend you pick something you think looks cool.. something you want to fly.
    Insert witty signature line here.