What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So Martok is going to be in the game

warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
As per the news here. Good times!
XzRTofz.gif

Comments

• sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Probably the best overall Klingon character in all of Star Trek.

One of the top 3 people I wanted to see added, along with Jeff Combs and Andrew Robinson.

Great news, indeed.
  • goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Would like to see Vaughn Armstrong also. He was great as Captain Korris. They can't use the character because he died in the episode, but he does a convincing Klingon.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Would like to see Vaughn Armstrong also. He was great as Captain Korris. They can't use the character because he died in the episode, but he does a convincing Klingon.

I looked up that actor for Star Trek, was very surprised to see his long history with the franchise.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • aleluya#3402 aleluya Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    I hope this does not end as TNG, where a federation captain must decide the fate of an empire. Is kinda depressing trying to play a KDF and Rom in a Fed centric game.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    They certainly are picking off Star Trek's Klingons one by one, aren't they?

I guess, whatever they must do to make Starfleet look like heroes in the end...
    But to use another faction to do it?? It is in bad taste, bad story telling.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    patrickngo wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

you're surprised?

No, not surprised.
    Just disappointing. To have the Devs employ such lazy writing.
    It is Sci Fic....use it.

TRIBBLE...there are shape shifters and mind control freaks all over this game and Star Trek.
    And they decide: we are gonna use the Klingons TRIBBLE up, again?

They can't use the myriad of other "enemies" the "Alliance" has met and "dealt with". Old enemies don't completely disappear. They only go underground, lick their wounds, learn, evolve and get more sneaky.

Well, I guess, we can not tell exactly what this "Martok" really is going to be, yet...haven't seen the FE.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited July 2017

you're surprised?

No, not surprised.
    Just disappointing. To have the Devs employ such lazy writing.
    It is Sci Fic....use it.

****...there are shape shifters and mind control freaks all over this game and Star Trek.
    And they decide: we are gonna use the Klingons **** up, again?

They can't use the myriad of other "enemies" the "Alliance" has met and "dealt with". Old enemies don't completely disappear. They only go underground, lick their wounds, learn, evolve and get more sneaky.

Well, I guess, we can not tell exactly what this "Martok" really is going to be, yet...haven't seen the FE.

they're limited by what CBS will allow, I suspect.

I have little hope for the "Star Trek: Discovery" show if they (CBS) is going to get "fuddy duddy" about it, too.

edited July 2017
    The new FE that will come with the update on July 18 will have the mission to rescue Martok. The news page has a story that the rescue operation is officially approved by High Command, including approval from Chancellor J'mpok. Which is going to be interesting.
    XzRTofz.gif
    The new FE that will come with the update on July 18 will have the mission to rescue Martok. The news page has a story that the rescue operation is officially approved by High Command, including approval from Chancellor J'mpok. Which is going to be interesting.

I really don't like this.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
    edited July 2017

give 'em their space, I doubt Hertzler would lend his vocal work to something poorly done.

Is the part about J'mpok that i find disturbing. This is the perfect situation to kill 3 birds with one stone, Martok, what's left of his house and the young Dahar Master who has seen to much to become a threat in the future. I don't want to see J'mpok going down in a blaze of glory in the first minutes of the mission, but i don't see the Empire leaving this season with our honor and respect intact.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!

give 'em their space, I doubt Hertzler would lend his vocal work to something poorly done.

Is the part about J'mpok that i find disturbing. This is the perfect situation to kill 3 birds with one stone, Martok, what's left of his house and the young Dahar Master who has seen to much to become a threat in the future. I don't want to see J'mpok going down in a blaze of glory in the first minutes of the mission, but i don't see the Empire leaving this season with our honor and respect intact.

It's a very delicate story that I'm curious to see how unfolds. It looks delicate and treacherous in so many ways.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Honest I never saw J'mpok being hell bent on wanting to see Martok and his house destroyed, it seemed more like typical klingon politics violent for sure but with not more violent then needed, in fact if J'mpok truly wanted House Martok gone he wouldn't have sent us to foil Torg's plot to blow them up. Such romulan like scheming seems more like what people like B'Vat or Torg would want to do.

I could also be way of mending fences with House Martok to give J'mpok an ally against Torg. As for our player characters, we're not just some nameless grunt who is practically invisible, we're a famous hero of the empire who has shown countless times to be able to fight thru odds at seem hopeless, not mention our player character might not even be a klingon.

For example if "dahar master Morai" (aka my main KDF character), were to be killed under suspitious circumstances on a mission there would be questions asked and since she's an orion, it probably would the Orion Syndicate doing the questioning, not to mention that should be survive J'mpok would be in real trouble.

However J'mpok giving his genuine full support to us in this mission is win-win situation for him, if we fail he can pin the blame on House Torg getting rid of them and if we succeed he'll gain allies in House Martok again against Torg.

ship's already sailed at this point-we've been told (and eagerly assisting with) that the Empire is going to become nothing more than a piece of the Federation, that it's values will be suborned and assimilated at best, into the Federation, that the Empire is going to fall in the future...and we've been protecting the timeline that makes that happen.

If the character you're playing actually thought for two seconds, and believed in the integrity of the Klingon Empire, you wouldn't come running like a pet dog every time Agent Daniels blows his little whistle, to win battles that will, inevitably, result in losing an empire..

at this point then, it's simply a matter of going down gracefully and bowing to the inevitability of what you've done, while removing an enemy that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Sons of Scotland!
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!

ship's already sailed at this point-we've been told (and eagerly assisting with) that the Empire is going to become nothing more than a piece of the Federation, that it's values will be suborned and assimilated at best, into the Federation, that the Empire is going to fall in the future...and we've been protecting the timeline that makes that happen.

If the character you're playing actually thought for two seconds, and believed in the integrity of the Klingon Empire, you wouldn't come running like a pet dog every time Agent Daniels blows his little whistle, to win battles that will, inevitably, result in losing an empire..

at this point then, it's simply a matter of going down gracefully and bowing to the inevitability of what you've done, while removing an enemy that doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Sons of Scotland!

it's not really that, it's just shoddy writing on Cryptic's part-which in turn, turns your Klingon, Orion, or Gorn soldier of the empire into what would basically be an eager traitor and quisling, working to guarantee the destruction of your nation and it's loss of sovereignty-to another nation that has a history of honoring it's treaties more in the breach, than the observance.

This is all what happens when they killed off faction specific missions and storylines with LOR years ago. The alliance makes it all easy for Cryptic.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited July 2017

Sons of Scotland!

it's not really that, it's just shoddy writing on Cryptic's part-which in turn, turns your Klingon, Orion, or Gorn soldier of the empire into what would basically be an eager traitor and quisling, working to guarantee the destruction of your nation and it's loss of sovereignty-to another nation that has a history of honoring it's treaties more in the breach, than the observance.

I agree with you Patrick, except about the Gorn. Any Gorn who ISN'T a traitor to the Empire IS a traitor to his own nation and people. Since the Klingons conquered the Hegemony, it's the Gorn who AREN'T working to destroy the Empire (or at least, liberate the Gorn from the Empire) who are the real traitors and quislings.

As far as the rest of the KDF races, though, I totally agree.

And I DEFINITELY agree about the shoddy writing!
  • dikironiumdikironium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I disagree. If the Klingon player Captain does not help Daniels, then the Federation will not exist in 2373. In that case the Empire will fall when the Dominion invades. Your player Captain saw it first hand in the mission “Temporal Ambassador”. It is a no win situation for the Klingon player Captain.
    Ack...this is coming tomorrow and I still have not watched the list of 25 Martok related DS9 episodes.
    Well...so much for that. LOL!

New FE spoiler alert!
    The FE has several key things happening by the end:

Martok is rescued and back leading his house. It is said he has no intentions of pursuing being a Chancellor, so the idea of a civil war is averted. His intention is to take part in the conflict with the Tzenkethi who seem to be extremely upset with him on a past big victory.

Martok let slip to Rodek during his rescue that he looked like one of the sons of Mogh. By the end he just pretty much spills it, especially when Worf arrived with additional reinforcements, that Rodek was indeed a son of Mogh, further confusing him. Martok is going to restore House of Mogh and Rodek is going to have to be reacquainted with his original family.

Torg is dead. Finally. After all these years he is dead and a source of constant instability and dishonor in the Empire's name is gone.

Some meme-tastic moments in the mission also.
    XzRTofz.gif
    New FE spoiler alert!

Martok is rescued and back leading his house. It is said he has no intentions of pursuing being a Chancellor, so the idea of a civil war is averted. His intention is to take part in the conflict with the Tzenkethi who seem to be extremely upset with him on a past big victory.

Martok let slip to Rodek during his rescue that he looked like one of the sons of Mogh. By the end he just pretty much spills it, especially when Worf arrived with additional reinforcements, that Rodek was indeed a son of Mogh, further confusing him. Martok is going to restore House of Mogh and Rodek is going to have to be reacquainted with his original family.

Torg is dead. Finally. After all these years he is dead and a source of constant instability and dishonor in the Empire's name is gone.

So no signs of J'mpok going the Hakeev route on this episode?
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!
    New FE spoiler alert!

The general status quo is the same as before.
    XzRTofz.gif
    New FE spoiler alert!

The general status quo is the same as before.

I'm glad things didn't turn out to be a bloodbath.
    tlhIngan maH! taHjaj!