test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bring the U.S.S. Bozeman to STO

Comments

• Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Assuming the devs stick with Miranda's as NPC frigates, the Soyuz variant might make sense as the frigate design for the Starfleet carrier being designed.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    artan42 wrote: »
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg

@Artan That is NOT the Antares-class. This is:

http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Antares_class_(Federation)

or for those TOS Antares fans: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Antares_type
    I would like to see the U.S.S. Bozeman in game. Do you agree or Disagree and why?

I swore they there was talk about the Soyuz earlier this year by the Devs. I think they didn't know to have it as a T1 - Miranda skin or as a T2 Miranda.

There are 3, 2 Starfleet (the Miranda variant and the Cargo Drone variant) and one Federation one (that ugly freighter thing).

It's a common name.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    More Miranda Skins!

U.S.S. Saratoga "DS9: Emissary"
    U.S.S. Bozeman "TNG: Cause and Effect"
    U.S.S. Lantree (sp?) "TNG: The one where the back up doctor got old"
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472 wrote: »
    More Miranda Skins!

U.S.S. Saratoga "DS9: Emissary"
    U.S.S. Bozeman "TNG: Cause and Effect"
    U.S.S. Lantree (sp?) "TNG: The one where the back up doctor got old"

U.S.S. Antares (Favour the Bold)
    U.S.S. Reliant (TWOK) (because STOs model of it is embarrassing, though it's no Olympic).​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,102 Arc User
    Antares? Where?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    thay8472 wrote: »
    Antares? Where?

Sisko's new starbase in 'Favour the Bold' there's 4 or so of them in a cluster in the top right. They appear every time that stations establishing shot is used.

Edit 1: Found it, fourth ship down here.

Edit 2: And the unused U.S.S. Bradford (Bottom one on this page).
    bradford.jpg​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg

or for those TOS Antares fans: http://en.memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Antares_type

There are 3, 2 Starfleet (the Miranda variant and the Cargo Drone variant) and one Federation one (that ugly freighter thing).

It's a common name.​​

Then I suggest you tell the Star Trek website and Memory Alpha to correct their errors.
  • Options
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg

It's a common name.

Then I suggest you tell the Star Trek website and Memory Alpha to correct their errors.

Memory Alpha doesn't accept outsiders informing them of their errors, it interferers with the users own little pet canon.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    seriousxenoseriousxeno Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    While they did say the ship was retired even before TNG, that didn't keep the devs from flooding us with ENT-era junk. Go for it, Soyuz FTW.
    latest?cb=20090525051807&path-prefix=en
    "Let them eat static!"
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Now do we have a ship like this one in the shipyard?

USS Yeager NCC-65674

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm

Post edited by mayito2009 on
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    Still has a better turn rate than a Bortasqu'.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg

It's a common name.
    Memory Alpha doesn't accept outsiders informing them of their errors, it interferers with the users own little pet canon.​​
    As an editor on MA I find this offensive.....

Also I know you well enough to know what you really mean...

And MA DOES actually have descriptions of more than one Antares. But unlike you, it doesn't list the Miranda variant as a separate hull-type.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    As an editor on MA I find this offensive.....

Also I know you well enough to know what you really mean...

And MA DOES actually have descriptions of more than one Antares. But unlike you, it doesn't list the Miranda variant as a separate hull-type.

Yeah, sorry. My comment was directed at specific editors personally that I didn't name so it looked like I just meant you all. Apologies :blush:.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    frankocasio2frankocasio2 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I would like to see the U.S.S. Bozeman in game. Do you agree or Disagree and why?
    Antares Class from DS9. U.S.S. Saratoga from DS9 and U.S.S. Bozeman from STNG would be nice. Cannon ships bug you guys that much?
  • Options
    It really must have upset you guys when the constellation class was released.
  • Options
    samt1996 wrote: »
    If it means we can get Kelsey Grammer to give us some over the top crazy lines I'm all for it!

YESH!!!
    samt1996 wrote: »
    If it means we can get Kelsey Grammer to give us some over the top crazy lines I'm all for it!

YESH!!!

Great Idea.
  • Options
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg​​

I swore they there was talk about the Soyuz earlier this year by the Devs. I think they didn't know to have it as a T1 - Miranda skin or as a T2 Miranda.
    Antares Class from DS9.

antares2.jpg​​

The Miranda Class Starship should be at least a rear admiral level ship.

• Options
    starke1701 wrote: »
    nikephorus wrote: »
    Oh yeah that's right it was Soyuz. I just remember it looking like a Miranda variant.

That's because, if I'm remembering correctly, it was a bashkit of a commercial U.S.S. Reliant model kit, where they swapped some pieces out.
    Oh yeah that's right it was Soyuz. I just remember it looking like a Miranda variant.

That's because, if I'm remembering correctly, it was a bashkit of a commercial U.S.S. Reliant model kit, where they swapped some pieces out.

The Nebula Class starship was a Kit bashed Galaxy Class and the stargazer was a kit bashed enterprise yet there all in the game.
  • Options
    Meh, Soyuz is just a Miranda variant. -rollbar +some mission pod thingy.
    wow! that is one strange toon."chicken Man"
  • Options

Why should we care?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    The Bozeman actually already gets a reference in STO: Philip Crey, the Fedside contact for Delta Recruits, is one of the crew members the Enterprise rescued.

But no to having it in-game, for the same reasons no other ship older than TNG should be in-game.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User

^^^^^ This would be GREAT!!! The 4 nacelle variant on the end definitely has appeal. Although I did see someone on another thread made a nebula out of the Ambassador and it looks AWESOME! Not sure if it will happen as Cryptic doesn't seem to like Sci ships. But we can dream!

Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,990 Arc User
    But a Bozeman Class light cruiser at T6 would be a good choice
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User

The Nebula Class starship was a Kit bashed Galaxy Class and the stargazer was a kit bashed enterprise yet there all in the game.

The Nebula was not a kitbash. The Yeager, the Princeton, the Challenger-class, and the Cheyennes were kitbashes. The Nebula was designed specifically to look like a Galaxy-esque ship. The Phoenix was scratch-built, while the later CGI model was kitbashed from the Galaxy CGI model in its first iteration.
    • Options
      blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User

I think it would be a great pack for them, the tactical with command (for the torpedo bonuses), the Phoenix sensor one for the intel model, and the quad nacelle one for a pilot model. It'd be a winner for them I bet.
      jKixCmJ.jpg
      "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino

• Options
      mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
      where's my DY-100 & DY-500 ships ???
    • Options
      The TOS era Constitution class would make a nice addition to the lobi store.
    • Options
      spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 356 Arc User
      @baddmoonrizin I see zombies!
    This discussion has been closed.