test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

worst trek episodes ever

Comments

• Options
    walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I would swap Code of Honor and These are the Voyages. Theses are the Voyages may be one of the most disappointing episodes in the history of trek, but Code of Honor is just in a league of its own stupidity of a concept. On top of how dumb and racist the script is it's really boring to watch.

Angel One also needs to be on that list. A planetary government run by women is not a terrible concept but the way this episode handled was just... uggg.. excruciating to watch. I would probably replace Profit and Lace. Yes, it was one of DS9's low points but compared to the rest of the list it wasn't that... bad.

Oh Yeah, in speak-en of DS9 that reminds me. Move along Home should also be on that list. That episode was just..... annoying. that pretty much all I have to say about it.

Everything else is about right.
    sstosig2.png
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    I would bump "these are the voyages" to number 2, and "Threshold" to number 1
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I dunno if "Threshold" deserves to be the worst Trek episode. It's actually quite funny.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Threshold is stupid but it's nowhere near the worst episode ever. There's chunks of TOS3 or TAS that come well before that.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    "Profit and Lace" for homophobic humor, "Fascination" and any other episode involving Lwaxana just for being annoying ("Menage a Troi" excepted: Sir Patrick/Picard parodying himself in the last scene was pretty damn funny), that one TNG ep where Deanna gets r*ped by an energy being, "Code of Honor" for being racist, and "Dear Doctor" for using eugenics, social Darwinism, and abuse of evolution as a justification for the Prime Directive and genocide by inaction.

Also any episode where the protagonists commit high crimes and it's either handwaved or not addressed: "For the Uniform" (use of weapons of mass destruction against a civilian target), "Scorpion" (treason), "Tuvix" (murder).
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Don't get me started on Shades of Grey from TNG
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
      My top 5 off the ops list of choices

1 Threshold

2 Spocks brain

3 code of honor

4 sub rosa

5 these are the voyages
    • Options
      galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      Turnabout Intruder.
      That is all.
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • Options
      edited May 2017
      Any TNG episode that didn't have Picard telling Westley to shut up.

Here ya go crash the greatest TNG episode of all time

Season : Paparika a little garlic a pinch of salt

Ep : Idk

Title : Shut up wesley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qt2j7dIFrM

• Options
      irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
      So few ? Season 3 of TOS, seasons 1 and 2 of TNG, pre-bald Sisko DS9, most of Voyager and parts of Enterprise I'd be struggling to find good ones :P
    • Options
      themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
      artan42 wrote: »
      Threshold is stupid but it's nowhere near the worst episode ever. There's chunks of TOS3 or TAS that come well before that.​​

Are you kidding? It is, quite literally, the only episode in all of Trek so bad that it was ignored, laughed at, and eventually declared non-canon.
      Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
      2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
      3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
      4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
      5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
      6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
      7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
      8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
    • Options

Are you kidding? It is, quite literally, the only episode in all of Trek so bad that it was ignored, laughed at, and eventually declared non-canon.

No it wasn't. No episode has ever been declared non-canon.

And I'm perfectly serious. Turnabout Intruder, Prophet and Lace, Spocks Brain, Code of Honour, These are the Voyages, Dear Doctor, A Night in Sickbay. Those episodes out rank Threshold by a immeasurable margin.

Threshold is bad sure but it's reputation is far worse than the episode. It's nothing more than 40 mins of mildly enjoyable VGR drivel like the vast bulk of the show. It wouldn't embarrass me to show it to a non fan like Code of Honour or Turnabout Intruder would.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
      edited May 2017

And I'm perfectly serious. Turnabout Intruder, Prophet and Lace, Spocks Brain, Code of Honour, These are the Voyages, Dear Doctor, A Night in Sickbay. Those episodes out rank Threshold by a immeasurable margin.

Threshold is bad sure but it's reputation is far worse than the episode. It's nothing more than 40 mins of mildly enjoyable VGR drivel like the vast bulk of the show. It wouldn't embarrass me to show it to a non fan like Code of Honour or Turnabout Intruder would.

I went threshold number 1 because it more or less tossed all established canon on warp speed and tossed it in the toilet , sure voyager was rife full of whargarble , but to take established canon and flush because of plot hole?

any trek fan would rate threshold number one followd by spocks brain.

as far as code of honor sure it was bad because of the racisim on display, it was more a display of how far humanity came in TNG which was the moral of the episode, it had racism on display but at the end the moral was that humanity had out grown such pettiness and that humanity does have the potential TO out grow racism.

so though really bad code of honor does have a moral to its rdiculous tale, threshold? was just stupid from start to finish.

• Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      edited May 2017

I went threshold number 1 because it more or less tossed all established canon on warp speed and tossed it in the toilet , sure voyager was rife full of whargarble , but to take established canon and flush because of plot hole?
      Not everything. Warp 10 has been "infinite speed" since the TNG Technical Manual was published (look it up, it's on pages 55 and 56). Everything else about the episode is mildly entertaining nonsense like most of the rest of the series.

And no, @themadprofessor, "Threshold" was not declared non-canon. There was a later episode where Paris said he'd "never flown through a transwarp conduit before", which is (probably) not the same thing as traveling at transwarp speed (although you can never really tell because VOY relied on technobabble instead of characterization to fill out its episodes).
      I don't. I rate "Dear Doctor" number one for misusing evolution to promote genocide based on eugenics. Followed by "For the Uniform".
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options

as far as code of honor sure it was bad because of the racisim on display, it was more a display of how far humanity came in TNG which was the moral of the episode, it had racism on display but at the end the moral was that humanity had out grown such pettiness and that humanity does have the potential TO out grow racism.

so though really bad code of honor does have a moral to its rdiculous tale, threshold? was just stupid from start to finish.

All established canon on warp speed? Except like most of TOS. Warp is a plot convenience not the plot itself. Distances and speed change depending on where and when the characters need to be for the story. Any Trek can should know that and not put Threshold at number one for just being silly when there's downright stupid (and ofensive) episodes that exist.

#TASforSTO

• Options
      josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
      Shades of Gray was the worst by far, and I am a TNG fanboy.
    • Options
      edited May 2017
      Delta Rising.

sorry crash hate to burst your bubble but , it was the greatest expansion ever, and the players loved it lol
    • Options
      tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
      Delta Rising.

I thought the discussion was about episodes, not expansions. But if we're talking about STO eps, I would of thought Divide et Impera would of been at the top of that list.

Thank you for the time...
      STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
      Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
      • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
      • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
      • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
    • Options

All established canon on warp speed? Except like most of TOS. Warp is a plot convenience not the plot itself. Distances and speed change depending on where and when the characters need to be for the story. Any Trek can should know that and not put Threshold at number one for just being silly when there's downright stupid (and ofensive) episodes that exist.

Mammals devolving into salamanders IS downright stupid ...
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options

But not as stupid as looking for a crack in a black hole or Spock's Brain.

#TASforSTO

• Options
      edited June 2017
      Someone please delete this post
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options

So was electing Trump, but hey, they still did it.

Don't look at me, I voted for the woman who won the popular vote ...
      eaY7Xxu.png
    • Options
      lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
      Code of Honour wasn't good, but it wasn't racist either, it was just bad. I've seen real racism, it ugly, I'm tired of seeing people water it down, especially an episode that gave work to a bunch of black actors. It was just poorly done. And I honestly don't think they we're trying to show an Africian tribe, if they wanted to do that, I think they'd have modeled it on the Zulu or something.

Profit and Lace was funny at times, again not sexist or homophobic, Quark D's does weird things at times as a woman because he has no idea on how to be a woman, what that is really suppose to mean. Plus he's got hormones running havok in his body. Again calling it sexist or homophobic is silly.

Threshold and Voyages deserve to be on the list, Threshold should have been number one the list, and Voyages was a slap to the face of the cast of enterprise and even Franks didn't want to do it.

All the Next Generation episode with a time loop, bad and repetitive.

I actually loved move along home, it reminded me of a star trek Jumanji.

Median was pretty bad, probably the worst DS9 episode, partly because I have a hard time believing Quark couldn't figure out how to get a holo image of the Major without getting caught, or better yet just make something up, how would he client even know, and Dax's plot line wasn't much better. Still not one of the worst 15 episodes, but none of DS9s episodes are as DS9 is the best television series ever produced. Not just of Star Treks, the best television show PERIOD.

The Nelix plotline where he's jealous of Tom isn't very good.

The episode where Tasha dies, the first time she was killed by what looks like a Shielak on steroids, bad.

Not an episode, but I didn't really like First Contact, aside from the stuff on the planet, but I didn't like the introduction of the Borg queen, it killed any sort of moral complexity of the Borg, compared to Locutus.

I didn't like the episode where Kes came back for revenge, it ruined her cool send off.