test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Why am i glowing purple

k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
Oh TRIBBLE, why am i glowing purple. Is it something in the food? I swear I didnt ate eps plasma slush again.
ate_something_bad_by_ixbiribiri-db9qpd5.png

Hast thou not gone against sincerity
Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
Hast thou not lacked vigor
Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
Hast thou not become slothful

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    are you standing next to something purple?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    k20vteck20vtec Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Nope. Esd. I ran around and its still like that.
    Hast thou not gone against sincerity
    Hast thou not felt ashamed of thy words and deeds
    Hast thou not lacked vigor
    Hast thou exerted all possible efforts
    Hast thou not become slothful
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Probably just the lighting.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    I see it a lot, on myself, on NPC's, in cutscenes. Sometimes it is a very faint glow, sometimes it is very present. Most of my characters have Inteligence as specialization and there is a buff that makes you and your teammates glow purple. First I thought it is some kind of afterglow effect, but seeing it on NPC's in cutscenes ... probably a side thing of lightning 2.0
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Your character probably had some contaminated Slusho Mix. I would contact the 25th century equivalent of the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) to get them to issue a mass recall.

If your character turns into a neomorph when you log in tomorrow, then that means your character also ingested some Black Goo.
  • Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    I've noticed quite a bit, lately, that any lighting effect that creates a glow on the character might persist, indefinitely. It's most noticeable with transporter effects - my Fed toons beam down and glow blue, KDFs red, Roms green. But it can happen with any number of things. (Recently, I did "What Lies Beneath" with a new KDF toon, and the Devidian lighting effect had her glowing blue most of the time.)

A workaround, I've found, is to change costumes - that seems to reset the lighting to normal.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Have you been spending quality time with a certain dinosaur lately ?
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    More important question... why bother putting a bar across the eyes?
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    More important question... why bother putting a bar across the eyes?

To retain his anonymity. B)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    k20vtec wrote: »
    Oh ****, why am i glowing purple. Is it something in the food? I swear I didnt ate eps plasma slush again.

That kinda purple is usually only happening when parking next to a Vonph. :)

More importantly, though, why, by the goddess, did you put a bar across yor toon's eyes?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    Oh ****, why am i glowing purple. Is it something in the food? I swear I didnt ate eps plasma slush again.

That kinda purple is usually only happening when parking next to a Vonph. :)

More importantly, though, why, by the goddess, did you put a bar across yor toon's eyes?!

Witness Protection Program
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ightenighten Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    think its a combination of not using lighting 2.0 but leaving spec and reflect off or using lighting 2.0 and having something else turned off - basically as far as I can work out the whole lighting dll is borked at some point in the game even with everything turned to full - you just have to keep switching settings about 1 at a time but a fix in one area will probaly highlight a broken point in another area
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    david#5676 david Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    You aren't supposed to stand so close to the antiproton reactor. Didn't your mother ever tell you that?
  • Options
    samargathasamargatha Member Posts: 75 Arc User

Purple? How lucky. Sometimes I glow green. When it happens to my romulan (for some reason it's usually her), she seems Hulka.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    It could also be one visit too many to New Kentar. There's some strange agents in the air over there...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries