What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Introducing the Brand New T1 Miranda

Comments

• Options
    utopiaplanetia12utopiaplanetia12 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    SWEET JESUS!!!! I love you STO! Even if I am a Rank 60, 2009-2010 Beta Player, I have been waiting for this for so long. Please do the same to the Constitution Cruiser. I'm going to go get one right now!

MARA_Engines Rock!
  • Options
    darthgreaterdarthgreater Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    SWEET JESUS!!!! I love you STO! Even if I am a Rank 60, 2009-2010 Beta Player, I have been waiting for this for so long. Please do the same to the Constitution Cruiser. I'm going to go get one right now!

MARA_Engines Rock!

I thought they just did it to the Constitution when AOY happened.
  • Options
    andorianblueandorianblue Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The model looks great, but why are the nacelles purple? They should be blue.

Also, they only updated the TOS Connie in AoY. The TMP Connie model hasn't been touched.
  • Options
    jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    fliporican wrote: »
    Although, I like the idea of going back and retooling the visuals of old starships, it only benefits new players. What I like to see is perhaps the ability to purchase an token giving those who have achieved Fleet Admiral status of designating any starship of their choice as there Flag ship, which includes all starship from T1-T6. Thus, like Admiral Riker did for the Enterprise-D in the finale series episode "All Good Things...", we should be given the option to upgrade one lower Tier (1-5) starships to Tier 6 or at the very most from Tier 1 to Tier 4, Tier 2 to Tier 5, Tier 3 to Tier 6 and so forth. I don't see why a Fleet Admiral can't have a lower Tier starship upgraded to a much higher Tier, since in canon Riker was able to, to the Enterprise-D. This would make lower Tier starship more relevant to player at Level 60, who wouldn't necessary chose to use a lower Tier starship to play PvE missions.

if you get the T6 version, (which there's basically a T6 version of almost everything now, INCLUDING the Miranda) you can do just that. all T6 ships can use the skin of their lower level counterpart

27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

• Options
    crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Nice! I'm seriously considering getting this. One thing, though, that would sweeten the pot for the Miranda T-6 would be the TMP / TWoK bridge & interior option being available. Please tell me that's something in the works, along with possibly an NX-class bridge & interior, for the NX-class refit recently released.

Would also like the Undiscovered Lockbox pulse phaser banks to be available to buy other ways in-game, instead of in the lock box or on the exchange.

Plus, I'd love to see the T-6 Constitution-class (Prime universe) be available on the C-Store, along with the Universe-Class Enterprise-J.

Overall, good work, guys! Keep it up!

After seeing this, I may have to re-watch TWoK.
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2010
  • Options
    khensleys5khensleys5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    "To see all the details of the new model on an existing Light Cruiser, ready your Light Cruiser and visit the Starship Customizer interface. Select the Miranda template in the lower left to force the model to update with all of the new details."

Readied my light cruiser......went to the Starship Customizer......Selected the Miranda template.....no change at all. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    khensleys5 wrote: »
    "To see all the details of the new model on an existing Light Cruiser, ready your Light Cruiser and visit the Starship Customizer interface. Select the Miranda template in the lower left to force the model to update with all of the new details."

Readied my light cruiser......went to the Starship Customizer......Selected the Miranda template.....no change at all. Am I missing something?

Missing the idea of waiting until Thursday's patch to do it?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • Options
    khensleys5khensleys5 Member Posts: 3 Arc User

makes sense. i need to lay off the BBQ. affecting my.....um...thought
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    Although, I like the idea of going back and retooling the visuals of old starships, it only benefits new players.

The blog says you can freely use the Miranda model on a brand new T6 Light Cruiser. This is pretty much a given for all default vanilla versions of ships. It doesn't only benefit new players.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options

makes sense. i need to lay off the BBQ. affecting my.....um...thought

It's not a surplus of BBQ. It's a dearth.

Double down on your BBQ consumption!

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    The model looks great, but why are the nacelles purple? They should be blue.

Also, they only updated the TOS Connie in AoY. The TMP Connie model hasn't been touched.
    I'd point out that in TWK (the period the model is intended to most represent), the Reliant's nacelles weren't lit at all. *The nacelles offer purple illumination inboard, with no illumination outboard. The beta customisation offers the TNG blue as an option. A+ for customization. However, the purple inboard illumination is very TMP. I call foreshadowing. :)

*Edited due to being too tired during my first test on Tribble.
    Post edited by psiameese on
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Although, I like the idea of going back and retooling the visuals of old starships, it only benefits new players. What I like to see is perhaps the ability to purchase an token giving those who have achieved Fleet Admiral status of designating any starship of their choice as there Flag ship, which includes all starship from T1-T6. Thus, like Admiral Riker did for the Enterprise-D in the finale series episode "All Good Things...", we should be given the option to upgrade one lower Tier (1-5) starships to Tier 6 or at the very most from Tier 1 to Tier 4, Tier 2 to Tier 5, Tier 3 to Tier 6 and so forth. I don't see why a Fleet Admiral can't have a lower Tier starship upgraded to a much higher Tier, since in canon Riker was able to, to the Enterprise-D. This would make lower Tier starship more relevant to player at Level 60, who wouldn't necessary chose to use a lower Tier starship to play PvE missions.
    You can already do just that. By buying the higher tier version of the same ship.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Another tiny ship that holds more weapons/consoles/etc than it has any right to do. If this thing has 7 weapons and a heavy weapon then my cruiser needs to have 12 weapon hardpoints. My ship's deflector is bigger than a Miranda
  • Options
    slifox#0768 slifox Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    Cannon-design and Cannon-inspired-design is always welcome. T1 and T6 Miranda is a hit with me!

(Still missing a K'Vort class battlecruiser in the Klingon lineup...)
  • Options
    arkangel11004arkangel11004 Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    crioijouls wrote: »
    Nice! I'm seriously considering getting this. One thing, though, that would sweeten the pot for the Miranda T-6 would be the TMP / TWoK bridge & interior option being available. Please tell me that's something in the works, along with possibly an NX-class bridge & interior, for the NX-class refit recently released.

Would also like the Undiscovered Lockbox pulse phaser banks to be available to buy other ways in-game, instead of in the lock box or on the exchange.

Plus, I'd love to see the T-6 Constitution-class (Prime universe) be available on the C-Store, along with the Universe-Class Enterprise-J.

I agree that what is written here would be nice. That said though, the devs have explained that it's much more difficult and time consuming to make an interior than an exterior. Especially if it's a "full" one (i.e. Bridge, hallways, engineering, etc). Interacts have to be made, design elements have to be made... and for what? There is relatively little to do except use as a social zone. It just doesn't warrant the time for that usage only. Now when they made the Romulan interior, they needed it for missions, etc; Much more use out of it. Not saying it wouldn't be nice, or that it's impossible, merely improbable.

Stuff out of lockboxes were meant to be limited availability items. To release them on the C-store, after others had to make the effort to get them, would be PR suicide. Again, would be nice in theory, realistically improbable.

T6 Prime Constitution and T6 Universe Class were released on an extremely limited base. These were intentionally meant to be limited to an small fraction of the player base. Even more so than lockboxes... Why? Don't know. I don't sit on that side of the fence. Best guess is that whatever Powers That Be, CBS, Paramount, or what have you, wished a limited release. The great majority of what goes on in STO has to be approved by higher-ups, especially canon material; Side effect of building on a franchise that the rights are shared on. Or perhaps they genuinely wished to make it a limited special release. Nevertheless, I don't really know, and shouldn't really speculate too much on limited information.

Regardless, I hope you don't think this was a slight against you, just thought I'd explain a bit in case you were unaware. All beneficial suggestions. And now I'll stop derailing this thread. The remodels are beautiful, and I am seriously looking forward to them as well. :wink:
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Don't see why it would. It's a Cruiser and I'll be surprised if if has anything other than a 4/4 weapon layout to be honest.

The interesting thing will be which cruiser commands it might get. It isn't a 'pure' cruiser and, much like the Dreadnought Crusiers/Battlecruisers, I suspect it won't have access to all four cruiser commands. Personally beleive that it'll get the manuverability one though, since it's a pilot cruiser.

The other "light cruiser" at T6 has all commands and 5/3 weapons. If Cryptic would be consistent (ha!) that'd be it.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User

That's kinda what refits and retrofits are for. Including various fleet vessels. And that includes the Miranda. With the remodel comes a new T6 Miranda that can use the old T1 parts.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Nice job on redone skin! Hopefully we see some more TNG ships redone and soon. The Nebula could definitely use it and it would be nice to see a T6 version that is actually a 3 pack using the different mission pods to define the ships role and console layout.
  • Options
    phenomenaut01phenomenaut01 Member Posts: 714 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Finally! Thank you so much for putting in the time to redo the Miranda model. I've been saying for years that The early ships were in desperate need of an upgrade to bring them up to snuff with the newer and higher quality ship meshes - after all, they are the first ships that new players see when they start the game, and they really didn't do the job of representing how amazing the ship designers and builders are at Cryptic.

Also glad that we have the Saratoga customization available too. Thank you so much for those extra bits.

I wish that you had had the time to upgrade the Centaur and the ShiKahr as well, but I did notice while playing around with the ship customization on Tribble that you can use the new Type 8 textures with those other starter ships as well, which actually makes a HUGE difference and really makes them look fresh and new. Combining that with the Saratoga bits on the older ship models can really bring out some great looking ships.

Thanks again! You guys are the best.

p.s. - I have to agree with some of the other posts here regarding the purple on the inside of the nacelles on the Miranda...just looks odd. But otherwise, everything looks awesome on this ship!
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    Another tiny ship that holds more weapons/consoles/etc than it has any right to do. If this thing has 7 weapons and a heavy weapon then my cruiser needs to have 12 weapon hardpoints. My ship's deflector is bigger than a Miranda

Just like a fantasy game where a level 90 dagger does several orders of magnitude more damage than an level 1 Incredibly Huge Two-Handed Sword™.... because stats are based on game mechanics, not "realism". Because it's a game, not a simulator. /shrug
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, customizing those starter ships for the half hour you use them before being promoted into another ship. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    pino31pino31 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    unotetsu wrote: »
    It should come with a "blow up dramatically" console.

LOL it really should. Because that's totally what they're good for haha. I'm sure I'll think it's very awesome when it shows up in my ship customizer. I still have the old options. Maybe it's not live yet? The pictures look awesome!
  • Options
    I realise I've double posted this, but nonetheless, the T6 Connie/Temporal Light Cruiser only has access to three of the Cruiser Commands: Strategic Maneuvering, Shield Frequency Modulation and Weapon System Efficiency

I suspect that the T6 Miranda will follow suite.

@reyan01 Yeah, that's why I'll only reply to it here. You might be right, I only glimpsed quickly of the STO wiki's site of the light cruiser and thought I saw all commands there, but I didn't really pay that much attention. So it's essentially a "destroyer" with a commander engineering and a LTC pilot uni then - that's my guess at least.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »

Just like a fantasy game where a level 90 dagger does several orders of magnitude more damage than an level 1 Incredibly Huge Two-Handed Sword™.... because stats are based on game mechanics, not "realism". Because it's a game, not a simulator. /shrug

I Star Trek it actually seems more believable..

1) There can be a considerably technological difference between two ships of different sizes, leading to a larger one being weaker.

2) Most of the larger starships are cruisers or carriers that perform many roles, and have a lot of stuff for doing things that have nothing to do with combat. Large crew decks, space for visitors and emergency evacuations, vast cargo bays, sensor arrays, laboratories, sick bays, shuttle hangars and they are often designed to operate for long time unassisted in unknown space.
    If you get rid of all the stuff you don't need for firepower, you obviously don't need all that much room, and can make a smaller ship.
    Hence we get ships like the Defiant or the B'Rel Bird of Prey - small, agile, a lot of firepower...
    But these ships are not really capable of operating long without aid, not the ideal platform to conduct research and exploration, useless when you try to evacuate people, and your crew might go mad with the small living arrangement after a few months.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    edited May 2017

I may well be wrong - the Wiki contradicts itself; it only shows three Cruiser Commands for the ship under 'Abilities' but the summary pannel to the right hand side of the page shows all of them. And I don't own the ship, so......

Stats blog is out. The T6 Miranda is a regular cruiser with all commands, 4/4 weapons and no DHCs (the T1 can use them) - it seems an odd choice.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    (Still missing a K'Vort class battlecruiser in the Klingon lineup...)

How to get a K'Vort
    1. Get a B'rel
    2. Zoom in really close
    3. K'vort
  • Options
    jamesrmartinjamesrmartin Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I just have one question? Will the new Hull Material work on the T6 Temporal Light Cruiser (The Connie) and it's hull variants?
  • Options
    aikurisuaikurisu Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Aww, darn it, Cryptic. Ever since I started playing this game years ago I was crying out for a end tier Miranda-class.

So, why am I lamenting about it? Because I literally don't have a single captain who would use it over their current vessels. x_x;

I'm not kidding. I'm a little worried now that I've come to the point where my 16 characters have all they need so I'm less inclined to hunt for anymore ships since there's already so many to choose from! Sure, right now I would love to see some new Orion vessels released with their own racial bridges, but I'm still bummed about not having anyone to captain a Miranda-class. >_<
  • Options
    aikurisu wrote: »
    Aww, darn it, Cryptic. Ever since I started playing this game years ago I was crying out for a end tier Miranda-class.

So, why am I lamenting about it? Because I literally don't have a single captain who would use it over their current vessels. x_x;

I'm not kidding. I'm a little worried now that I've come to the point where my 16 characters have all they need so I'm less inclined to hunt for anymore ships since there's already so many to choose from! Sure, right now I would love to see some new Orion vessels released with their own racial bridges, but I'm still bummed about not having anyone to captain a Miranda-class. >_<
    Most people would resolve this by simply creating a new character...

Things I want in STO:

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you have a Character flying a 4/4 Crusier you got one to transfer all your goodies to.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns