Install Arc
Options

[PC] War Games Queue: Twin Tribulations

2»

Comments

• Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @magniacapra of course it won't be welcomed. It makes the game a little harder and more fun. Anything added to the game that requires thought to complete and is more difficult than ISA will cause a huge backlash.

The fact is that core assault has been hugely successful among the PvE community who are attacking each other in the core room. Yes I mean "attacking each other" because there aren't more than 10-20 PvPers in sto at the moment and no more than 10 online at a time. The chances of being taken out by a hardcore PvPer is very low. In other words... your all PvPing against other PvEers and getting vaped by PvEers.

Now let that sink in for a bit then enjoy the mixed feelings.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Ran it last night and our first area was Tractor Pull. There are 2 sides of the door where we had to "pull" but we would only activate one of them. The second section of the door we had to "pull" had no interact and therefore we could not get past the 1st area. I was on the Red Team, but evidently the Blue Team had no issues as they were able to complete the mission.

It was good for no further than we were able to go.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,481 Arc User
    patrickngo wrote: »
    @magniacapra of course it won't be welcomed. It makes the game a little harder and more fun. Anything added to the game that requires thought to complete and is more difficult than ISA will cause a huge backlash.

The fact is that core assault has been hugely successful among the PvE community who are attacking each other in the core room. Yes I mean "attacking each other" because there aren't more than 10-20 PvPers in sto at the moment and no more than 10 online at a time. The chances of being taken out by a hardcore PvPer is very low. In other words... your all PvPing against other PvEers and getting vaped by PvEers.

Now let that sink in for a bit then enjoy the mixed feelings.

RWS, you're speaking to the wind. These are players that barely acknowledge each other's existence in a queue, thus, to them, anyone who can shoot back and hurt them must be a PvP'er.

Sad statement of truth right here, especially for an MMO.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    Can we please drop the PvP talk?
    My initial post on the subject was an attempt to shut it down before it got started (again), but unfortunately, it had the reverse effect.
    When it comes to Competitive Reputation, PvP should not be discussed at all, because it's just inciting conflict.

FYI, I do respond to other players in a queue, as long as they're friendly and polite.
    Most of the time I prefer silence because I'm uncertain if there is a vinegar amongst them.
    Also, it's really hard to type while in combat. :D

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Ran it last night and our first area was Tractor Pull. There are 2 sides of the door where we had to "pull" but we would only activate one of them. The second section of the door we had to "pull" had no interact and therefore we could not get past the 1st area. I was on the Red Team, but evidently the Blue Team had no issues as they were able to complete the mission.

I ran into this twice yesterday. Turns out the enemy NPCs can damage them. I'm not certain if it's AoE attacks or just the warp core breaches, but the locks can die, making it impossible to move on.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    djxprimedjxprime Member Posts: 522 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

I ran into this twice yesterday. Turns out the enemy NPCs can damage them. I'm not certain if it's AoE attacks or just the warp core breaches, but the locks can die, making it impossible to move on.

I had something like that happen when I tried this for the first time. I was on the Blue Team, and pulled the lock at the bottom of the door into place and held it. The tractor beam eventually stopped and the lock appeared to have stayed in place, so I moved on. Later, when a teammate and I were working on the other two locks, I noticed that the bottom lock looked as if it disappeared completely. We were never able to get that door open. I was beginning to think we were the only ones who had that problem.

Kkerp5u.jpg?1

"No matter where you go...there you are."
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Just had yet another bugged instance of this mish. I've lost track of how many times this bug has happened, but it's at least 3 times in the last 2 days.

Go into the first room and it has the mini game where you need to match the combo to open the door. We matched the combo 3 times but it never progressed past 33%. After we matched it one last time, the combo never showed up again and we were unable to progress further. It seems to happen when the combo is in the first room/area and the Borg are involved. I didn't really keep track of it the first few times it happened, but now I do, and these are the only commonalities.

It also seems to affect both teams since the other team never makes it past the first part either.

It would be nice to get this fixed as if you abandon the mish you get a leaver penalty and waiting out the time only gets you 5 marks.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    How popular is this queue?
    I tried to launch it today, but there were never enough players to get it to go.
    4 on average, 5 at most.

I think I have just discovered the problem with this rep, you need twice as many players to launch the queue, 10 in total.

I'm not interested in the other queues, so I won't be doing them.

I did notice Binary Assault had 9 players though.

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(