test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Core assault technically has no fail conditions.

So long as you roll up with enough DPS, good teamwork and know how to do the challenges you can't fail the queue.
Sure NPC difficulty will increase but the enemy players won't increase in difficulty.
Honestly though, with a time limit who is going to bother to attack players and not just focus on getting the core.

I'm happy to be corrected but my understanding is:
It's an elite queue
Rewards over 130 marks
Lots of dilithium
Not much more difficult than the advanced version

So why are the queues empty!?

Comments

• Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    Cause it's a pvp queue and people don't want to pvp?
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I agree @sophlogimo. Hopefully people will test it out for themselves and realise they can get a ton more rewards for doing a queue marginally more difficult than it's advanced alternative.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    I was wondering the exact same thing when I was queueing up for the first time...like "why is there nobody in the elite queue?"
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    I guess people probably don't want to get continuously one-shotted at the last part.
    You can't technically fail the mission, other than not finishing the core first, but you can take one heck of many beatings in a row.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Cause it's a pvp queue and people don't want to pvp?

This guy's on to something.

That and...
    I guess people probably don't want to get continuously one-shotted at the last part.
    You can't technically fail the mission, other than not finishing the core first, but you can take one heck of many beatings in a row.

This... it gets old getting vaped by a core that goes through it's 25% phase with no warning and no range limit. Never mind the camping that can occur from other players that get out of the other teams gate. Once I get this rep to Tier 5 I'm tossing these kinds of STFs in the dust bin of my queue choices.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

Gotta agree with this. Sure, I can get rewards no matter what, but I'm going to die a horrible death multiple times. While I can respawn easily enough, I die enough that I worry about not having enough supplies on hand to fix my injuries, meaning I drag the team down further.

Look, I know I'm not a great player. I have some issues that prevent me from playing the game well, above a certain level. I know my limitations and while I might be able to get rewards for leeching off of better players, I won't do it.

I tried Binary Circuit on Advanced and while it really seemed not much more difficult than Normal, I still died a couple of times. While I liked the rewards from it, I decided that it's probably better for everyone if I stick to playing on Normal where I can not only keep up but be a contributing player.

Of course the problem with playing on normal is most other players are either good enough to play Advanced or higher, or don't care if they leech. Which means that a lot of the queues I want to play sometimes don't launch because of the "why play on Normal" mindset.

Not everyone is out to prove how good they are, some folks just want to relax and have fun.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    But the instadeath from the core is in Advanced, too, so that can't be it.
    Personally, I wasn't talking about the core death-wave. I was talking about huge-DPS players being most likely to go to Elite than on the lower difficulties, so more conventional players would avoid it to avoid those guys, who in turn would have to use private queues to find enough people.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Group inertia coupled with people not being sure if it has fail conditions (because they haven't tried yet).

Also, because Twin Tribulations is the same but better.
  • Options
    lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User

For real ?
    The only time I've been one-shotted is by the core itself.
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

The last part? That's the core wiping out teams, not players B)

You can take a beating but there are no repairs to have to repair afterwards or even after each respawn.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    It would be nice if they made it that death via being killed by the other team would either not incur an injury, or the chance of injury would be reduced from pvp in the core room. I will say that I could go for the core room specifically having a area wide debuff that reduced the damage you deal to other players, since targeting the other team is a valid strategy to use most of all when you are behind like if you took too long in one of the rooms. This would make combat more interesting an fun for players that are not specifically built for pvp an giving them a fighting chance.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    First: getting killed by the core can give your ship injuries.
    Getting killed by a player DOESNT GIVE YOU INJURIES. Never has, probably never will.

Second: attacking players in the elite queue is the worst thing for a team to do because there isn't enough time to bring down the core and attack players so the risk of PvP is lower than advanced.

Third: spacebar-mashing DPS builds are the best builds to bring to these queues so you're all ok!!

Fourth: getting killed "vaped" by the core and getting upset about it is pointless! Respawn and continue to attack the core. Afterwards go to a hub and heal your ship.

Fifth: getting vaped or generally attacked by the players on the opposing team is good for you because it ensures your win!! If they're not attacking their core they will loose.
    Now instead of getting angry, stay close to each other's ships and the core, use group heals and team buffs to increase your damage, resistance and healing so that when you get attacked, it's twice as difficult to hit you and the opposition will die in he process from the core blasts.

Sixth: it's a win win scenario!!!
    All you have to do is mash the spacebar, ignore the other team and on the rare occasion take a hit or two from players! Like I said before though, getting attacked by players does you a favour.

Stop complaining and try it before you decide to get angry with the PvP community (of which there are 10) that you'll rarely meet in these queues because you outnumber them 100:1!

For goodness sake! I've ran he queue 20 times and I've only ever seen another PvPer once! And I know because I'm regularly PvPing!!

P.S. Have any of you tried ramming the core (or players) when your health is low?? Do you know that you can deal upwards of 50k damage when you combine it with brace for impact and evasive?? It is quite possibly the most powerful attack your ship can do and it doesn't matter what class you are.
  • Options
    Twin Tribulations solves the 25% core explosion for the rep grind. It's actually very enjoyable. I'm not doing Core Assaults anymore.
  • Options
    Did the core hurt your feelings?
  • Options
    Did the core hurt your feelings?

Bad game design did.
  • Options
    Awwww. 7 years of neglect towards the PvP community hurt my feelings too but hey ho, I've had to put up with the miserable droll of PvE content and it's even more miserable and aggressive community just to get gear, so I know how you feel.
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I suspect it might be because elite queues have a reputation for being, well... elitist. Some people feel, with some justification, that if they turn up without uber dps gear they will get yelled at by their own team for not being good enough. And then repeatedly killed by the other team.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I play the standard version, its quite fun, and a lots of rewards... at least the amount i need..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    @askatus I understand people feel that way.
    However, I have pointed out that as elite queues go it's probably the easiest.
    Due to the fact that, for the most part, it doesn't require massive DPS. It only requires a little teamwork and focus targeting the opposition's core.
    As I mentioned earlier, anyone that goes after the opposing players will be granting them the win.

Instead of obsessively ranting about how bad PvPers are and how bad PvP is, and insulting anyone who tells them otherwise, they should instead look at the facts and try it out for a change.
    They might find that the much greater rewards are worth putting aside unjustified prejudice based solely on word of mouth.
  • Options
    askatusaskatus Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @risingwolfshadow said:
    > @askatus I understand people feel that way.
    > However, I have pointed out that as elite queues go it's probably the easiest.
    > Due to the fact that, for the most part, it doesn't require massive DPS. It only requires a little teamwork and focus targeting the opposition's core.
    > As I mentioned earlier, anyone that goes after the opposing players will be granting them the win.
    >
    > Instead of obsessively ranting about how bad PvPers are and how bad PvP is, and insulting anyone who tells them otherwise, they should instead look at the facts and try it out for a change.
    > They might find that the much greater rewards are worth putting aside unjustified prejudice based solely on word of mouth.

I may give it a try later. I usually feel I would be out of my depth in elite, and my last experience of PvP before this was horribly one sided, but I've been enjoying this mission and been pretty successful so far.
    You shoot me down
    But I respawn
    I am duranium!
  • Options
    gannadenegannadene Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    The ground Comp queue is fine. I actually enjoy it. Which says a lot since I absolutely hate ground missions, and being forced to do them.

Lots of things wrong with the space queue, however:
    • Several of the possible tests are just DPS races.
    • Tests that aren't tend to take forever to complete, regardless of whether you know what you're doing or not.
    • That damned "sit in the box" test. Especially if you get Voth or Tholians that sit in the corners behind shield or web cannon spam.
    • The tractor beam the door test just amounts to watching youtube videos for about three minutes.
    • The core unconditionally killing you with no warning.
    • The core part of the mission itself just being another DPS race.
    • The aforementioned spawn killing by overpowered players. Which is funny since they could probably vape the core in a few seconds. They're just there to be dicks.
    • The entire queue takes absolutely forever to complete. Stop making queues with mandatory time constraints.
    • It isn't fun.

In general, I find the main flaw of the space queue is the focus on killing things, and flooding each room with enemies that seem to exist mainly to bother players, and disable their full impulse. The ground mission is fun, because it has basically no actual PvP, does not require any combat outside of one part (at the end, importantly), spaces out challenges (invisible path [moderate], maze [obnoxious], tunnel [very easy], combat [whatever]), and most importantly - it takes only as long as you, the player, dictate.
  • Options
    chozoelder2ndchozoelder2nd Member Posts: 440 Arc User
    @gannadene, I read your post in Plague's voice.
    The core unconditionally killing you with no warning.

The blast seems to come out of nowhere. I haven't seen any sort of tell that it's about to go off. Maybe it's subtle and I'm too stupid to notice, like it changes to a different shade of color or something? Idk. It seems to only happen when the entire team continuously hammers it. Maybe there is no warning by design so that it gives the other team a chance to catch up if they're falling behind. But then isn't that one of the reasons of the PvP section, to defend your core?

For me it's annoying at most.

The tractor beam the door test just amounts to watching youtube videos for about three minutes.

I'm guilty of doing this if my admiralty slots are full.
    SP9Pu.gif
  • Options
    Awwww. 7 years of neglect towards the PvP community hurt my feelings too but hey ho, I've had to put up with the miserable droll of PvE content and it's even more miserable and aggressive community just to get gear, so I know how you feel.

Snarky, but not overly accurate of how I feel.
  • Options
    calfencalfen Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I see no point in playing on advanced or elite. Normal gives me around 90 marks and takes about 15 min, I think. With my 40k DPS I have no idea how long it would take on advanced or even elite and I really don't know what would I gain for the time spent.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    calfen wrote: »
    I see no point in playing on advanced or elite. Normal gives me around 90 marks and takes about 15 min, I think. With my 40k DPS I have no idea how long it would take on advanced or even elite and I really don't know what would I gain for the time spent.
    They take the same amount of time (because it depends on teamwork on puzzles not DPS) and give about 3x dil and 2x marks on Elite. And of course Assessed Stratagems.
  • Options
    And the crafting materials that are worth lots of ec.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I'll have to do Elite then if there's no real difference from Advanced and give more marks. (assuming the queue ever pops) Normally I max out at Advanced for queues since I'm not a DPS god and don't want to be a drag on others. If the normal queues gave the "Mark 2" marks/tokens I'd probably just stick with those, but Cryptic is 'forcing' me to do Advanced to get them. I really wish they'd just do away with those tokens. Plus they take up bag space. :#