test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PROTONIC ENERGY STABILIZER MODULE AKA SHIELD REFREQUENCERS- 40k+ DPS and 60K CRITS

adz006adz006 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
Another power seems to have eluded our dear Devs, 40k with full shield bypass, crits over 60k are not uncommon on use of FBP and TBR

please take a look for yourselves, said player on top list:https://sto-nexus.com/r/5YWrh

Comments

• Options
    sdmachinesdmachine Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Lol 40k dps doesn't sound like a lot but that is in pvp where anything over 10k dps is very good.
  • Options
    sdmachine wrote: »
    Lol 40k dps doesn't sound like a lot but that is in pvp where anything over 10k dps is very good.

indeed thats enough to take a bop in one proc
  • Options
    Seems like no one is taking any notice....
  • Options
    smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    These things are pretty much the new doping consoles.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • Options
    risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Ouch! That's a little op.
  • Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Sounds like fun. I'll get me some of these if they aren't nerfed back into garbage by the end of the month.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Shield Refrequencers do actually deal damage. As memory serves it's shield-ignoring proton damage when using certain exotic abilities.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Heh, kinda hilarious people would complain about these now. :p Especially given how much weaker they are than plasma exploders.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    thedarkphenoixthedarkphenoix Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    Heh, kinda hilarious people would complain about these now. :p Especially given how much weaker they are than plasma exploders.

Were... They were weaker than the plasma exploders. Now, on a properly fitted out build they're the new Op'ness. 10% chance on exotic abilities with 100% shield pen, boosted by EPG... Yeah...
    Original wave Lifetimer and Closed Beta tester.
  • Options
    They actually can proc on every fbp hit so fbp can be made stronger than it was before. TBR also seems to proc quite abit. With other science abilities you only get one chance to proc.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    Probably be nerfed in a month or two...after we had a upgrade weekend and everyone with enough resources had ground theirs out to epic :p

Sorry couldn't resist lol
  • Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    They actually can proc on every fbp hit so fbp can be made stronger than it was before. TBR also seems to proc quite abit. With other science abilities you only get one chance to proc.

the tool tip says "This enhancement does not apply to Feedback Pulse or Eject Warp Plasma," SO...It shouldn't be working on FBP.
    It also doesnt crit. When I check my combat logger that stuff stays @ 0% Crit chance.

Im sure certain abilities proc it more..Id imagine anything per pulse..(DBR,TBR,Tachyon Beam)

If you look at the Ops link..that player did a grand total of 18kdps in a 5v5 PVP..I hate that parser..
    It made up for most of his damage..But hes prolly flying a sci ship LOADED with those consoles..10% chance to score an average of an un-shield 20k hit..His crit chance with those consoles are also 0% Even tho other exotics are between 46% and 56%.
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    lianthelia wrote: »
    Probably be nerfed in a month or two...after we had a upgrade weekend and everyone with enough resources had ground theirs out to epic :p

They'd never do that to their loyal Customerbase would they ? and use the lame excuse that they forgot to add it in the patch notes
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options

the tool tip says "This enhancement does not apply to Feedback Pulse or Eject Warp Plasma," SO...It shouldn't be working on FBP.
    It also doesnt crit. When I check my combat logger that stuff stays @ 0% Crit chance.

Im sure certain abilities proc it more..Id imagine anything per pulse..(DBR,TBR,Tachyon Beam)

If you look at the Ops link..that player did a grand total of 18kdps in a 5v5 PVP..I hate that parser..
    It made up for most of his damage..But hes prolly flying a sci ship LOADED with those consoles..10% chance to score an average of an un-shield 20k hit..His crit chance with those consoles are also 0% Even tho other exotics are between 46% and 56%.

Yes you are right it doesn't show as a crit , I assumed it was a crit as the dmg was so high,- maybe its not being picked up by the log ?, or maybe its just being buffed sky high with apa and all the clickies. Ive had fbp hit me with 20k ticks of protonic so I was pretty much done with nothing but my turret, and my res is well into 50s -60s and I always clear debuffs, so maybe its ignoring the all res consoles/ or there is no res to protonic
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @adz006 said:
    > odinforever20000 wrote: »
    >
    > sdmachine wrote: »
    >
    > They actually can proc on every fbp hit so fbp can be made stronger than it was before. TBR also seems to proc quite abit. With other science abilities you only get one chance to proc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the tool tip says "This enhancement does not apply to Feedback Pulse or Eject Warp Plasma," SO...It shouldn't be working on FBP.
    > It also doesnt crit. When I check my combat logger that stuff stays @ 0% Crit chance.
    >
    > Im sure certain abilities proc it more..Id imagine anything per pulse..(DBR,TBR,Tachyon Beam)
    >
    > If you look at the Ops link..that player did a grand total of 18kdps in a 5v5 PVP..I hate that parser..
    > It made up for most of his damage..But hes prolly flying a sci ship LOADED with those consoles..10% chance to score an average of an un-shield 20k hit..His crit chance with those consoles are also 0% Even tho other exotics are between 46% and 56%.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes you are right it doesn't show as a crit , I assumed it was a crit as the dmg was so high,- maybe its not being picked up by the log ?, or maybe its just being buffed sky high with apa and all the clickies. Ive had fbp hit me with 20k ticks of protonic so I was pretty much done with nothing but my turret, and my res is well into 50s -60s and I always clear debuffs, so maybe its ignoring the all res consoles/ or there is no res to protonic

SO...Per my testing and it also shows in the notes for that same console..

*Proton Damage from the console's proc is modified by the Exotic Particle Generator skill. Consoles that boost Proton Weapon Damage do not affect this type of Proton Damage.
    **This console does not benefit from "All Damage" nor "+ Exotic Damage" modifiers.
    **This console is fixed at 0% Critical Chance and does not benefit from Particle Manipulator nor Probability Manipulation.

I have not gone through an worked on updating the table with current values.. but yea...at around 400 epg the ability hover shows 20k. You should also be aware that proc is super effective if your caught using this http://sto.gamepedia.com/Subspace_Field_Modulator

There is rez to proton damage as it is an energy type. Any thing all rez also covers proton damage..
    From the looks of the log, that had to have been a sci ship...so 50-60 rez and clearing debuffs is all fine and dandy but sci ships ALWAYS are debuffing..Through clickes, crontrol expertise,DRB,..Doesnt matter they are always debuffing..

The Proton proc activated on any sci damage ability Including Temporal ones..Its not supposed to activate on FBP but im seeing it on my tool tip and there is an absurd number of activations for just TBR and GW on that log...SO you might have found a bug or ..they need to update the info box for the console in game

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    > @adz006 said:
    >
    > sdmachine wrote: »
    >
    > They actually can proc on every fbp hit so fbp can be made stronger than it was before. TBR also seems to proc quite abit. With other science abilities you only get one chance to proc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the tool tip says "This enhancement does not apply to Feedback Pulse or Eject Warp Plasma," SO...It shouldn't be working on FBP.
    > It also doesnt crit. When I check my combat logger that stuff stays @ 0% Crit chance.
    >
    > Im sure certain abilities proc it more..Id imagine anything per pulse..(DBR,TBR,Tachyon Beam)
    >
    > If you look at the Ops link..that player did a grand total of 18kdps in a 5v5 PVP..I hate that parser..
    > It made up for most of his damage..But hes prolly flying a sci ship LOADED with those consoles..10% chance to score an average of an un-shield 20k hit..His crit chance with those consoles are also 0% Even tho other exotics are between 46% and 56%.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes you are right it doesn't show as a crit , I assumed it was a crit as the dmg was so high,- maybe its not being picked up by the log ?, or maybe its just being buffed sky high with apa and all the clickies. Ive had fbp hit me with 20k ticks of protonic so I was pretty much done with nothing but my turret, and my res is well into 50s -60s and I always clear debuffs, so maybe its ignoring the all res consoles/ or there is no res to protonic

SO...Per my testing and it also shows in the notes for that same console..

*Proton Damage from the console's proc is modified by the Exotic Particle Generator skill. Consoles that boost Proton Weapon Damage do not affect this type of Proton Damage.
    **This console does not benefit from "All Damage" nor "+ Exotic Damage" modifiers.
    **This console is fixed at 0% Critical Chance and does not benefit from Particle Manipulator nor Probability Manipulation.

I have not gone through an worked on updating the table with current values.. but yea...at around 400 epg the ability hover shows 20k. You should also be aware that proc is super effective if your caught using this http://sto.gamepedia.com/Subspace_Field_Modulator

There is rez to proton damage as it is an energy type. Any thing all rez also covers proton damage..
    From the looks of the log, that had to have been a sci ship...so 50-60 rez and clearing debuffs is all fine and dandy but sci ships ALWAYS are debuffing..Through clickes, crontrol expertise,DRB,..Doesnt matter they are always debuffing..

The Proton proc activated on any sci damage ability Including Temporal ones..Its not supposed to activate on FBP but im seeing it on my tool tip and there is an absurd number of activations for just TBR and GW on that log...SO you might have found a bug or ..they need to update the info box for the console in game

Thanks for the response, good to know more details, was going to test this more thoroughly aswell.

I haven't used field modulator since 2014 but valid point hehe -400 would be suicide.

The res is what bothers me though, I keep an eye on my toolbar the majority of the time, Ive attacked opponents that didn't have me targeted and I had 0 debuffs, and take my word here 0, and still had a string of 10k hits from fbp like I described above, that's why that prompted me to question is res from protonic even working here. Also a big side note, the player on the log was an eng :) not a sci or a tac, though was using drb aswell to proc secondary aswell

Have you tested the effect of res and if all res consoles are actually working ?
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @adz006 said:
    >
    > > @adz006 said:
    > > odinforever20000 wrote: »
    > >
    > > sdmachine wrote: »
    > >
    > > They actually can proc on every fbp hit so fbp can be made stronger than it was before. TBR also seems to proc quite abit. With other science abilities you only get one chance to proc.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > the tool tip says "This enhancement does not apply to Feedback Pulse or Eject Warp Plasma," SO...It shouldn't be working on FBP.
    > > It also doesnt crit. When I check my combat logger that stuff stays @ 0% Crit chance.
    > >
    > > Im sure certain abilities proc it more..Id imagine anything per pulse..(DBR,TBR,Tachyon Beam)
    > >
    > > If you look at the Ops link..that player did a grand total of 18kdps in a 5v5 PVP..I hate that parser..
    > > It made up for most of his damage..But hes prolly flying a sci ship LOADED with those consoles..10% chance to score an average of an un-shield 20k hit..His crit chance with those consoles are also 0% Even tho other exotics are between 46% and 56%.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Yes you are right it doesn't show as a crit , I assumed it was a crit as the dmg was so high,- maybe its not being picked up by the log ?, or maybe its just being buffed sky high with apa and all the clickies. Ive had fbp hit me with 20k ticks of protonic so I was pretty much done with nothing but my turret, and my res is well into 50s -60s and I always clear debuffs, so maybe its ignoring the all res consoles/ or there is no res to protonic
    >
    > SO...Per my testing and it also shows in the notes for that same console..
    >
    > *Proton Damage from the console's proc is modified by the Exotic Particle Generator skill. Consoles that boost Proton Weapon Damage do not affect this type of Proton Damage.
    > **This console does not benefit from "All Damage" nor "+ Exotic Damage" modifiers.
    > **This console is fixed at 0% Critical Chance and does not benefit from Particle Manipulator nor Probability Manipulation.
    >
    > I have not gone through an worked on updating the table with current values.. but yea...at around 400 epg the ability hover shows 20k. You should also be aware that proc is super effective if your caught using this http://sto.gamepedia.com/Subspace_Field_Modulator
    >
    > There is rez to proton damage as it is an energy type. Any thing all rez also covers proton damage..
    > From the looks of the log, that had to have been a sci ship...so 50-60 rez and clearing debuffs is all fine and dandy but sci ships ALWAYS are debuffing..Through clickes, crontrol expertise,DRB,..Doesnt matter they are always debuffing..
    >
    > The Proton proc activated on any sci damage ability Including Temporal ones..Its not supposed to activate on FBP but im seeing it on my tool tip and there is an absurd number of activations for just TBR and GW on that log...SO you might have found a bug or ..they need to update the info box for the console in game
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Thanks for the response, good to know more details, was going to test this more thoroughly aswell.
    >
    > I haven't used field modulator since 2014 but valid point hehe -400 would be suicide.
    >
    > The res is what bothers me though, I keep an eye on my toolbar the majority of the time, Ive attacked opponents that didn't have me targeted and I had 0 debuffs, and take my word here 0, and still had a string of 10k hits from fbp like I described above, that's why that prompted me to question is res from protonic even working here. Also a big side note, the player on the log was an eng :) not a sci or a tac, though was using drb aswell to proc secondary aswell
    >
    >
    > Have you tested the effect of res and if all res consoles are actually working ?

By sci I meant sci ship not captain :p..Good sci ship capt are always debuffing..

I have only tested on npcs..they show rez to my 20k hits (Using DRB,TBR,Jam Sensors,GW, SSV and Tykens)..so I hit for less some 10-15 k.. When I was pvping with point defence protocol (proton damage with faw) I always saw lower sustained damage due to player rez than indicate in the tooltip..

I'll try out do and the Dyson sci consoles + FBP when I get home on a pal.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    duplicate..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    edited May 2017
    Ok..so..Heres my findings in a pvp enviorn..

Ship..DSD
    4 Epic Shield Refrequencers..
    FBP (traited) 1 and 2..

Enemy ship: Player (@tunebreaker) T6 Vesta
    1 turret

Result..
    Activating FBP DOES trigger the consoles...Rapidly actually..However..Nearly ALL of the procs hit..ME (the ship with the consoles) when FBP was UP! 10 minutes of testing I blew up TONS and I was the one using the consoles!!

They Hit my opponent..yea ..like once or twice..but mostly I got:

[5:15] Your Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module deals 13555 (22246) Proton to you.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    [5:15] Your Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module deals 13555 (22246) Proton to you.
    Now you just need a railgun that heals your opponent and your build will be complete.

• Options
    > @odinforever20000 said:
    > Ok..so..Heres my findings in a pvp enviorn..
    >
    > Ship..DSD
    > 4 Epic Shield Refrequencers..
    > FBP (traited) 1 and 2..
    >
    > Enemy ship: Player (@tunebreaker) T6 Vesta
    > 1 turret
    >
    > Result..
    > Activating FBP DOES trigger the consoles...Rapidly actually..However..Nearly ALL of the procs hit..ME (the ship with the consoles) when FBP was UP! 10 minutes of testing I blew up TONS and I was the one using the consoles!!
    >
    > They Hit my opponent..yea ..like once or twice..but mostly I got:
    >
    > [5:15] Your Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module deals 13555 (22246) Proton to you.
    Thanks for trying it out and providing feedback. I believe that the trait (improved fbp) actually causes dmg to your own ship which is another bug it seems. where you using the trait aswell ?

Looks like you were right res was taken into account here though so that is interesting, still 13k tics after resist would take one cycle to kill you? 100k + on one cycle ?
  • Options
    I will try to do some tests tonight aswell so can compare notes.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    My Harpia on a Rom Tac main does 44K ISA pug avg and I do have a few of these consoles equipped (mk14 UR) unless I'm mistaken, since it's meant to squeeze out proton and polaron damage.

Next to my Rom Sci support-main in a T6 Scimitar who does 47K DPS ISA pug, I don't see the OPness anywhere. I've been flying it mostly as a Tac ship in Tac mode though.
    lianthelia wrote: »

They'd never do that to their loyal Customerbase would they ? and use the lame excuse that they forgot to add it in the patch notes

QFT. The plasma embassy consoles, after months of waiting, and rounds of nerfs, I finally brought 5 of them to epic on 3 or 4 toons, only to have them be nerfed yet again but this time to the ground.

So many things in this game are released as OP, only to be nerfed soon after, or eventually, multiple times in a row, only to make way for the next new shiny that essentially replaces existing shiny. Some people argue that's necessary, yet the game's in serious decline while other games that are much cheaper or F2P are doing really well with just cosmetics.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    redvenge wrote: »
    Now you just need a railgun that heals your opponent and your build will be complete.

I bet it depends on which mod you buy that causes it to proc on the holder of the console. Another bug that should be fixed.

• Options
    > @adz006 said:
    > > @odinforever20000 said:
    > > Ok..so..Heres my findings in a pvp enviorn..
    > >
    > > Ship..DSD
    > > 4 Epic Shield Refrequencers..
    > > FBP (traited) 1 and 2..
    > >
    > > Enemy ship: Player (@tunebreaker) T6 Vesta
    > > 1 turret
    > >
    > > Result..
    > > Activating FBP DOES trigger the consoles...Rapidly actually..However..Nearly ALL of the procs hit..ME (the ship with the consoles) when FBP was UP! 10 minutes of testing I blew up TONS and I was the one using the consoles!!
    > >
    > > They Hit my opponent..yea ..like once or twice..but mostly I got:
    > >
    > > [5:15] Your Protonic Energy Stabilizer Module deals 13555 (22246) Proton to you.
    > Thanks for trying it out and providing feedback. I believe that the trait (improved fbp) actually causes dmg to your own ship which is another bug it seems. where you using the trait aswell ?
    >
    > Looks like you were right res was taken into account here though so that is interesting, still 13k tics after resist would take one cycle to kill you? 100k + on one cycle ?

I was using that trait for that test..But In over I've also sustained proton damage with out it..

Well so my tool tip says 25k proton damage (400+epg) ..But with 4 13k hits alone would not kill me..My Caprumul Dsd has more than 50k hull:p..Maybe they should add a 5 sec lockout before the next on can trigger..

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    potencethe1stpotencethe1st Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I made 5 of these epic quality to test. They are pretty strong on a dedicated sci build but no where near the top of the rankings (for now) in terms of DPS chasing.

At 450 EPG and 130 aux (they scale on aux lol) the tooltips on my sci powers were reading 35k per proc.