test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Binary Circuit: Non-Borg Players in Starting Area

Just got out of a regular Binary Circuit where 2 non-borg'd players somehow got into the our starting area before the start, and cleaned house. And continued to clean house because this was a regular Binary Circuit and they were well above "regular." I saw something similar on a different toon in an elite a few days ago (they weren't in the start, they presumably beamed over at the each of the "borg points") but didn't think anything of it since that character could handle it, but this today was unbalanced and unfair. The team stood no chance and wasn't able to fairly attempt event the first stage.

Comments

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    I've run into this with just one player (thankfully) the last 2 days in 3 matches. Twice yesterday she was hostile to my team, and could follow us and respawned on our side through the whole run when defeated, then today, she was on my team and popped over to the other side during the countdown at the beginning. Reported her both days. Hopefully customer service can figure out the exploit.

Edit; "Her" refers to character sex. I have no idea about the actual player's sex.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I do believe that is supposed to happen? That is the added PvP element to these Competitive PvE.

There are consoles players can interact with in the map that will transform them over to the opposite team's course as a hostile Borg.

I only know of it because people were complaining that when the timer finished they got transferred back to their own team side...it wipes their skill bars.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    sarysa#0502 sarysa Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    @where2r1 This is independent of Borg attacks. These are fully decked out player characters in their one-shot glory invading the other team's route.

It's also becoming more common. I tend to be able to stay above it since I've memorized the patterns and know some tricks to it, but it happens roughly once every third pub now. Even had someone rush our end zone once, albeit too late.

I suspect the cause (I haven't tested) is the use of speed enhancing items to jump far enough to trigger the enemy's respawn point. If I'm right, they need to add two invis walls close to the pits on each section to prevent this.

(my other theory, also untested, is more simple...that Borg can trigger respawn points)

(edit: upon testing these both post-round, I'm dead flipping wrong :open_mouth: )

More Info

Just got invaded before the match even began. It has to be some variety of wall exploit. A science player got in pre-round and then a Tactical player joined in after. Probably requires an item I don't own.

(yet another edit)

I strongly suspect that whatever the exploit is, it appears in the combat log. Probably how it spread so quickly. Be sure to keep that running whenever you play...the first skill from an enemy is probably the one.
    Post edited by sarysa#0502 on
  • Options
    When the person that I mentioned above did it when she was on my team, she just disappeared from the middle of our starting room about 20 seconds into the countdown. It definitely looked like an ability, maybe a kit module or something. Different classes doing it means it isn't a standard module or trait, but something special that's universal. Is there anything out there that teleports your character that you can control on ground?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    It's the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter module, and it's an exploit. And it's becoming a problem, because it's keeping the queue from being played as intended.
  • Options
    jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    It's the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter module, and it's an exploit. And it's becoming a problem, because it's keeping the queue from being played as intended.

Exactly.
  • Options

Ah, one of the ones from the new box released the same day as this queue. Good planning there!
  • Options
    edited May 2017

That explains why I couldn't find it on the wiki. (and I absolutely had some candidates)

I'm guessing they just click an enemy's icon on the minimap and use the ability.

The break-in that happened to me had one person lately followed by another. I suspect that Command: Timely Intervention may have a similar exploit. #2 could have followed with Timely Intervention after the Sci character came in with Folded-Space Transporter and their health dropped enough.

I also suspect people might be able to use Command: Timely Intervention on team Borg.
  • Options
    samsungm45456samsungm45456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    edited May 2017
    > @damocles2209 said:
    > It's the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter module, and it's an exploit. And it's becoming a problem, because it's keeping the queue from being played as intended.

I'm sorry what? how is using a kit module a exploit? I don't understand, if the game is letting me select someone and then using my kit, I'm exploiting? I'm sorry you make no sense , you select on something, hit the button on the kit module and teleport over, how is that a exploit, that's like me saying people that use bridge officers in space are using a exploit.

and as for you saying "it's keeping the queue from being played as intended." its a pvp zone, if it wasn't why are the other players red on the map and when targeted?

"Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter:
    Activating the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter will quickly relocate the Captain into an [b] advantageous position behind the target.[/b] Upon arrival, you will gain enhanced Critical Chance and Critical Severity for a brief period while the target is momentarily placated."

Its working as designed
  • Options
    Its working as designed

Uh, no. Cryptic went out of their way to line the map with invisible walls to prevent what you're doing. It's an oversight, I'm assuming that Cryptic knows about it, and it'll likely be fixed.

I'll admit, the lack of direct PvP in the ground instance kind of sucks...because I actually have a somewhat competent ground game. That said, the days on your exploits are numbered.

(though if I'm right about Timely Intervention and they're not reading this thread, then you might get a plan B...heh)
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    It's the transporter kit module indeed, check my thread where I have mentioned multiple other instances where it's quite a disruptive ability.

I wouldn't call it an exploit, but it needs to be fixed regardless.

Cause indeed, it's very simple to just select an enemy on the mini-map, and transport to areas where players are not supposed to be able to get. The fact that it also transports players through walls (thus around corners), forcefields and even entire floors in case of 'layered' maps such as Khitomer ground plus onto parts of maps that haven't even been finished (and thus aren't really part of the map officially) makes me wonder whether they actually tested this before releasing it.

If they did, it shows a severe lack of anticipation with regard to how it could be misused.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    OOps sorry...did not pay attention to the title where you stated "NON BORG".

Edit: reading through the rest of the thread....quite humorous: a kit module being abused for grieving other players. Good luck bringing PvP back in any form, Cryptic.
    Post edited by where2r1 on
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    > @damocles2209 said:
    > It's the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter module, and it's an exploit. And it's becoming a problem, because it's keeping the queue from being played as intended.

I'm sorry what? how is using a kit module a exploit? I don't understand, if the game is letting me select someone and then using my kit, I'm exploiting? I'm sorry you make no sense , you select on something, hit the button on the kit module and teleport over, how is that a exploit, that's like me saying people that use bridge officers in space are using a exploit.

and as for you saying "it's keeping the queue from being played as intended." its a pvp zone, if it wasn't why are the other players red on the map and when targeted?

"Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter:
    Activating the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter will quickly relocate the Captain into an advantageous position behind the target. Upon arrival, you will gain enhanced Critical Chance and Critical Severity for a brief period while the target is momentarily placated."

Its working as designed

Since we're quoting things:

"'Binary Circuit' is a ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class War Game Scenario. In a Gauntlet-class Scenario, Captains will not be engaging in direct battle with the opposite team, but racing against them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies."

That's the official description from the blog post introducing Binary Circuit. The module may be working as designed, but it shouldn't be working that way in that queue. That makes it an exploit. Other team members are red to enable the monster play as a Borg, the Blog post calls these "Competitive PvE War Games," not PvP zones.

If you were confident about this, you'd probably be posting on your main account, so that everyone could see just who you are.
  • Options
    samsungm45456samsungm45456 Member Posts: 2 New User
    > @anodynes said:
    > samsungm45456 wrote: »
    >
    > > @damocles2209 said:
    > > It's the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter module, and it's an exploit. And it's becoming a problem, because it's keeping the queue from being played as intended.
    >
    > I'm sorry what? how is using a kit module a exploit? I don't understand, if the game is letting me select someone and then using my kit, I'm exploiting? I'm sorry you make no sense , you select on something, hit the button on the kit module and teleport over, how is that a exploit, that's like me saying people that use bridge officers in space are using a exploit.
    >
    > and as for you saying "it's keeping the queue from being played as intended." its a pvp zone, if it wasn't why are the other players red on the map and when targeted?
    >
    > "Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter:
    > Activating the Stabilized Folded-Space Transporter will quickly relocate the Captain into an advantageous position behind the target. Upon arrival, you will gain enhanced Critical Chance and Critical Severity for a brief period while the target is momentarily placated."
    >
    > Its working as designed
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Since we're quoting things:
    >
    > "'Binary Circuit' is a ground-based 5v5 Gauntlet-class War Game Scenario. In a Gauntlet-class Scenario, Captains will not be engaging in direct battle with the opposite team, but racing against them to solve puzzles and defeat enemies."
    >
    > That's the official description from the blog post introducing Binary Circuit. The module may be working as designed, but it shouldn't be working that way in that queue. That makes it an exploit. Other team members are red to enable the monster play as a Borg, the Blog post calls these "Competitive PvE War Games," not PvP zones.
    >
    > If you were confident about this, you'd probably be posting on your main account, so that everyone could see just who you are.

I like how your acting like a Mr know it all, calling me a noob account and all, for your information, i been here for a while, I even have a rank 60 toon, I just never felt the need to post on these forums, so, please, mr know it all, tell me more

http://i.imgur.com/NiWfNHE.jpg

anyway, it seems like you little crybabies get your way yet again and they will no doupt somehow try to fix this kit module which you so call a exploit (next time i see someone shoot at me in the new queue in space im reporting them, as per you, its pve and the end part is eveyone is explotining , so report for all) still doesnt mean im not gonna use the kit the devs put in the game , it was made for a reson, if they didnt want you to do that, why would they let u select someone from the mini map
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    anyway, it seems like you little crybabies get your way yet again and they will no doupt somehow try to fix this kit module which you so call a exploit (next time i see someone shoot at me in the new queue in space im reporting them, as per you, its pve and the end part is eveyone is explotining , so report for all) still doesnt mean im not gonna use the kit the devs put in the game , it was made for a reson, if they didnt want you to do that, why would they let u select someone from the mini map

I doubt many people want the item removed from the game. Hell, for single player, that item's the best thing to come along for bored people wanting to mess around since the Caitian high jump. (and I bought one today for that purpose) We just don't want people jumping into our spawn room when people are still map changing in where they don't belong.

This is no different than Valve patching exploits that allow people to invade spawn rooms in TF2.
  • Options

I like how your acting like a Mr know it all, calling me a noob account and all, for your information, i been here for a while, I even have a rank 60 toon, I just never felt the need to post on these forums, so, please, mr know it all, tell me more

http://i.imgur.com/NiWfNHE.jpg

I like how I never called you any such thing. I said this was a secondary account of someone who didn't want to expose their main account's identity. I could be wrong, but it's really suspicious that someone would come along and make their first post on an obscure thread in the Bug Reports section defending their exploitative use of a kit module in a way that outright contradicts stated design goals for that particular queue. Stated design goals for Core Assault say that the opposing teams can fight each other directly in that final area, which is why there isn't an invisible wall between them preventing them from doing so.

I don't want the thing removed from the game. I just want it adjusted so that it doesn't allow people to do things that ruin the integrity of the missions as designed, you know, exploitative uses.
  • Options
    shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    yes let's take another thing that is fun out of the game I don't call it an exploit but come on people grow up
  • Options
    shadowkosh wrote: »
    yes let's take another thing that is fun out of the game I don't call it an exploit but come on people grow up

It won't be removed, but perhaps those that want to exploit things should grow up and play by the rules.
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    shadowkosh wrote: »

It won't be removed, but perhaps those that want to exploit things should grow up and play by the rules.

Please you are most likely one of the one's that cry's about everything
  • Options
    Excellent retort. "I'm all bent out of shape that people are calling for fair play, but they're the crybabies, not me."
  • Options
    startrekfan101#5945 startrekfan101 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    If you are going to Quote and Unquote someone, make sure it is word for word. Otherwise it is called plagerism. Also, It is a Kit Module that STO gave us to use. They did not say that you can use this but in a certain way and if you use it in a wrong way then you are cheating or exploiting the game. Blame Cryptic for not properly testing things in the game.
    s-l1600.jpg
  • Options
    regulusff7regulusff7 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Please add a invisible wall in between the two teams.
    But really please don't change the module... it's really really fun to play with in other PVE. :<
  • Options
    forget the wall Who is going to pay for it? The Bajorans
  • Options
    regulusff7 wrote: »
    Please add a invisible wall in between the two teams.
    But really please don't change the module... it's really really fun to play with in other PVE. :<

It already exists. Teleports go through invisible walls.
  • Options
  • Options
    If you are going to Quote and Unquote someone, make sure it is word for word. Otherwise it is called plagerism. Also, It is a Kit Module that STO gave us to use. They did not say that you can use this but in a certain way and if you use it in a wrong way then you are cheating or exploiting the game. Blame Cryptic for not properly testing things in the game.

No, it's not plagiarism, it's paraphrasing. Plagiarism is using someone's exact words without giving them credit, while paraphrasing is putting something someone said into your own words. Sometimes a paraphrase can lead to a strawman argument being constructed, but crying about another fun ability being removed because others are calling for it not to circumvent the rules fits my paraphrase, at least in my opinion.

Sure are a lot of first-time posters in here defending their exploitative use of a kit module to circumvent the stated rules of the scenario.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    In another Thread someone indicated that a Caitian used the high jump in the final area to jump to the opposing Teams area to mess them up.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns