test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Some planets are missing their textures [Listed]

duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
Howdie, if you've taken a look at a Foundry space map recently you may have noticed that Foundry planetary textures have been updated. The problem: not all of them have. Here's Risa.

C3wPpiKUEAAtoVn.jpg

Here's the current testing results, listing both those planets that are having issues and those planets that have been cleared. I'll keep adding on as I check more planets.

Texture-less planets (broken)
Risa
M 01
M 06
M 07
M 10
P 01
P 02

Verified to have textures (safe):
Andoria
Andoria Moon
Bajor
Cardassia Prime
Vulcan
M 02
M 03
M 04
M 05
M 08
M 09
M 10 (Borg)
M 11
M 12
M 13
M 14
All Class D
All Class H
All Class K
All Class L
All Class J
All Class T
N 01
Y 08
Y 30
Planetoid Destroyed M 01
Planetoid M 01
Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Ah ... I see why Risa needed that weather control platform.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Updated the OP to be a comprehensive list of everything we know so far about this issue. If you've tested any examples that aren't included on the "safe" or "broken" lists let me know so I can add it on there.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    edited February 2017
    Trill as well in Mirror Wars III volume V
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      edited February 2017
      Trill as well in Mirror Wars III volume V

I think Sutherland is currently using one of the bugged M class planets for Trill MW3 [V] (we don't have a designated "Trill" planet in the Foundry). I've run through most of the list now. What remains to be tested are the Y class planets (there's 35 of them...) and the destroyed planetary fragments.
    • Options
      thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
      yeah Trills one of the class M planets ... Don't recall which one of the top of my head.
      2gdi5w4mrudm.png
      Typhoon Class please!
    • Options
      sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
      Would like to point out that Bajor has the wrong texture (this is game-wide, not just foundry) and is now a desert planet.
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    • Options
      odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
      I know this hasn't been commented on in 2 months, however this is still a problem, and I have an addition to make. The diplomatic room interior map has a baked in planet outside the window, it too is missing texture making the map essentially unusable unless you don't mind having a giant blue grey circle outside the window.
    • Options
      psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
      The premade Uranus map is missing its texture as well. Just a big grey sphere right now.
      NJ9oXSO.png
      "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
      -Thomas Marrone
    • Options
      odyssey47odyssey47 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
      > @psycoticvulcan said:
      > The premade Uranus map is missing its texture as well. Just a big grey sphere right now.

Great. My mission "Klingons Near Uranus" will be delayed.
    • Options
      odyssey47 wrote: »
      > @psycoticvulcan said:
      > The premade Uranus map is missing its texture as well. Just a big grey sphere right now.

Great. My mission "Klingons Near Uranus" will be delayed.

Noooooo! What will we do for our planet puns now?!
    This discussion has been closed.