test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Piezo-Polaron weapons heal enemys-SOLVED

geekguy79geekguy79 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
edited April 2017 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Does anyone else use the Piezo-Polaron weapons from the Lukari rep/store?

I have a whole set of them and I love them, BUT, I don't think I'm crazy, I've been noticing, the weps 5% proc for protomatter regen influx, not all the time, but sometimes, heals enemys. Not sure how to test or parse to prove it.

Not sure if its all of them or just the single Advanced one that also extends its proc to nearby allies, but every once in awhile, especially against bigger ships like the Voth dred in Borg Disconnected, seen it happen on the Undine dreds in Undine Assault too, I have definitely noticed it getting the same hull and shield heal visual effect that I get from these weapons, and when I see it happen, the enemys hull immediately starts to shoot back up pretty quickly.

I am therefore pretty sure the proc for protomatter regen influx is also at least sometimes healing enemys. Again, not sure how to test or parse to prove it, but I am pretty certain it is happening.
Post edited by geekguy79 on

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    edited March 2017
    Easiest way to prove it, play a PvP test match against someone and fire at them with a single weapon. If it procs a heal on them, it's bugged.
  • Options
    I think I've identified it.

I did get a friend to go into a pvp with me, that sat there while I fired just one weapon at him until it proc'd. Was NOT able to get Protomatter Regenerative Influx to affect him at all after trying it for a while. Hmm odd, not happening now.

Then, I did another Borg Disconnected Advanced, and logged it.

I actually SAW the buff icon for Protomatter Regenerative Influx, on the Voth dred at the end, and then again on the Undine dred. Not my buff bar, but on theirs, and I could see the Voth dred rapidly regain some hull while the buff was active on it. So, unless the Voth dred is firing Piezo-Polaron weapons, the weapon proc from my weapons was definitely being applied to the enemy Voth dred.

And I think I've found it in the log file.

Using STO Combat Meter to analyze the log, in the Player Combat Analysis Reports window, looking at Heal - To, I've looked at the same section for every other player that was on the team with me, and none of them have ANY healing going to anyone/anything except themselves and their own fighter pets.

Me, on the other hand, my 'Improved Protomatter Regenerative Influx' healed two other members of my team for 18k and 4k, but, Max One-Heal was exactly 249 for each one.

My 'Protomatter Regenerative Influx' healed myself for 127k, also Max One-Heal is exactly 249.

A few other heals, engineering team, ablative shell, all to only myself, not important.

Now, for some reason, my Pets, which immediately makes me think too what pets? I have no hangar bays, never called in fleet support ability, what pets? And I have absolutely nothing for Pets under DMG - To.

But for some reason, under Heal - To, my 'Pets', (what pets?) healed the Tethys Bio-Dreadnought, which I assume was the Undine one, for 21,937, Max One-Heal, exactly 249, healed the Voth Citadel Dreadnought for 21,937, Max One-Heal, 249, healed a Cube for 10k, Max One-Heal, you guess it, 249, healed a Sphere, 249, healed a Voth Palisade Frigate, 249, healed a Nico Bioship, 249.

They all have the same exact Max One-Heal as the Protomatter Regenerative Influx had for myself and my allies. If this isn't my weapons proc being applied to enemys, then what the heck is it because I have no idea. And no one else on the team except me has any healing going to anything/anyone but themselves, but for some reason my 'Pets' (what pets?) healed a bunch of enemys, for a lot on the two dreds.

I think this proves its happening. Should I, upload the log file somewhere to be analyzed? Take screenshots of it? Anything?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Anyone have any comment or acknowledgement of this?

Its not really a problem at all for most enemys, but can be quite the hindrance for really large emenys/bosses. Just did a Vault Ensnared Advanced, when killing the optional named Tholian boss at the end, its hull was down to 50%, then my Protomatter Regenerative Influx proc triggered on it, twice in a row, it proc'd on it again as soon as the buff expired the first time on it, and its hull was back to almost 100% pretty quickly. Had no choice but to just stop firing so the rest of my team could actually kill it.

Extremely annoying, especially since, first my whole set of Corrosive Plasma weapons are now utterly broken and useless, and now this. I'm going to have to just stop using my Piezo-Polaron weapons for now too, and I spent some real money on Zen too to get dilithium to acquire them.

Sure I "could" just unequip the Advanced one which is the one that I think is doing it, but without that one and its 2peice set bonus, would kind of just negate a big benefit of the entire set.

Was planning on upgrading them all to Epic too in the upcoming upgrade weekend, but if this isn't going to be fixed, I am not even going to bother.
  • Options
    Someone suggested I get some screenshots of the buff being applied to enemys, so did that.

Got screenshots. Can see on two different enemys, a Borg Sphere, and the Voth Dred, neither of which is firing Piezo-Polaron weapons I don't think. Both got the Protomatter Regenerative Influx proc buff from my weapons fire.

Click thumbnails for full size.

proto1.jpg

proto2.jpg
  • Options
    This is still happening. It seems to be happening alot less, but its definitely still happening.
  • Options
    abstrusrejoinder#9208 abstrusrejoinder Member Posts: 52 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for letting us know, we'll take another look!
  • Options
    After 3/23/17 patch on holodeck, still happening sometimes.

I think its obviously only the Advanced one doing it, that has the chance to heal self AND allies with the proc. No idea what the range on it is, how close "allies" have to be to me for it to affect them, I assume maybe 5k, maybe less. Either way, when I'm really close to enemys and it procs, it affects them too, can actually see the buff icon for it on enemys status icon bar, as can see in my screenshots above, and if its a big beefy target, will see its health suddenly regen like crazy while the buff is active for em.

Don't know if it will help, but if it has anything to do with certain attack powers, I've seen it happening when using FAW and Surgical Strikes too. Other powers I am using that hit enemys, will provide them just in case it helps. Structural Integrity Collapse, Attack Pattern Beta, Kemocite-Laced Weaponry, Directed Energy Modulation, Ionic Turbulence.

At this point, I certainly don't speak for everyone using these weapons, but I'd be willing to accept the advanced weapons proc benefit of also healing "allies" close to me, to just be removed and changed to self buff only like the other non advanced versions.
  • Options
    After 3/30/17 patch ...

STILL HAPPENING

Funny Tac's new rail cannon healing enemys got fixed immediately, this just forgotten about now?

stillbugged.jpg
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Since it's happening in Borg Disconnected, could you be under the effects of the Queen's antimatter spread when this is happening?
  • Options
    No, its happening everywhere against all kinds of enemys, and it happened to a bunch of probes n spheres long before the final stage of that borg disconnected.
  • Options
    After 4/6/17 patch ...

STILL HAPPENING

Kinda ridiculous, they made one attempt to fix this, then seems they just forgot about it. So with an upcoming season focusing heavily on PVP my weapon heals enemys.

stillbugged1.jpg
  • Options
    ralphgraphiteralphgraphite Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Don't worry, it's part of the new balance pass. To make things more fair, high DPS players will sometimes heal the enemy instead of vaping them!
  • Options
    After 4/13/17 patch ...

I applaud your efforts for trying another fix for it, but, still happening, seemingly no change at all.

I again suggest the easiest solution would be to just remove the "allies" healing proc from the advanced weapon and just make it the same self-buff only as the non-advanced versions. I know that special proc is what makes it advanced, but its not like its all that helpful to my allies anyway, and if it still needs something to make it special for being advanced, give it another dmg mod, half weapon drain, an acc mod, freakin anything.

Sadly we just missed getting the second optional on this Counterpoint run, for getting Terok Nor's avg health below 50%, got it to 54% before out of time, makes me wonder if we would have gotten it if i hadn't given it 42 thousand healing.

stillbugged2.jpg

• Options
    goddamit, advanced piezo polaron beam array STILL healing enemys after season 13 update, tested using both faw3 and beamOverload3

stillbugged3.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    HOLY TRIBBLE I FIGURED IT OUT ! ... lol

It only happens when using Aux2Bat...

Edit, Wrong. Its Kemo.
    Post edited by geekguy79 on
  • Options
    WAIT !!

More testing. I forgot one variable. One power I was not using with my non-a2b build and was using with it.

ITS KEMO !

Absolutely 100% positive now. Tested it in Argala, jus pounding on some enemys, on elite, using dual a2b build, WITH kemocite-laced weaponry in rotation, as soon as kemo activates, the advanced piezo polaron gets applied to enemys, can see the buff icon for it on the enemy.

Using dual a2b build WITHOUT kemo, doesn't happen.

Using NON a2b build WITHOUT kemo, doesn't happen.

Using NON a2b build WITH kemo, there it is happening again.

Ok that actually makes more sense, since kemo adds a proc to weapons. For some reason kemo is making the advanced piezo polaron proc from the beam at least, never tested with the cannon, apply to enemies.

ITS KEMO ! Its definitely absolutely kemo.
  • Options
    Several days later, and of playing without Kemo in my rotation at all, and it hasn't happened once. Its definitely Kemo.