test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Salvaged Technology

Is there a reasonably quick way to get this? If not, my gawd is progression going to be slow. Prices are out of my budget on the exchange...the current lockboxes have a small chance to drop them, but that's all I know. Is there a quicker way?

Comments

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    DRSE, NTTE, MINE Elite, BOTSE. Repeat.

When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    admiralty has a small chance also. Mostly you must do elite queues. Theres 2 ground and 1 or 2 space that still pop.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    The best way are the elite queue missions. The easiest is probably Brotherhood of the Sword Elite (BotSE) which is a ground mission. Ground elite missions are generally easier to get into than space elite missions because all you need is really, really good armor, shield, kit and weapons. Space elite missions... well... starships have a lot of slots that you need to fill with really, really good stuff.

I have a pretty new Romulan Engineer that just started running BotSE using ultra rare Mk XI gear, except for the kit. That's below what I would normally recommend other players to use, but it is doable for me since I have a lot of experience playing that mission. Sabotage kit modules can annihilate Iconian Constructs, and cover shield gives some measure of protection when you need to stand around defenseless while activating consoles.

The easiest ground elite mission is actually Undine Infiltration Elite, but it is basically dead. However, almost half the time I have pugged it last year the mission failed. Not because there wasn't enough firepower, but because other players did not know how to do the interrogation phase of the mission to determine if there NPCs being interviewed are Undine or not. It is not rocket science especially since the clues are available right in front of you. So yeah, the mission failed nearly half the time even before combat starts because players are not using their brains...
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    As others have said, elite STFs and Admiralty are your sources.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hoffy1hoffy1 Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    Undine Infiltration Elite is dead because they still have not fixed the fires, the optional (fail option) to put out the fires can not be completed since fires are immune to damage/cold from the fire extinguishers, and the option to put out the fires does not show up. so its a 50% change to win. so people just go with another elite queue which is not 50% borked.

pretty much what the lads already said, elite ground queues, good payout in terms of dili, R&D and marks. just make sure you have a half decent gear set, know your way around the map and do the optionals.
    honestly ground is much easier to comprehend then space, easier to get into, easier to gear up, its kinda easy mode compared to space (imo)
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The cost/benefit ratio for using the Experimental Upgrades, I don't believe is really worth it. I have some now from Admiralty but at one point had about 480 and none came from Elite Queues. I got all those as consolation prizes when Cryptic decided to make Event Vouchers Year specific so that we could all feel special.

Considering what you normally need to do to get them for the extra benefit they give, they shouldn't cost additional Dilitium to use.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    scottybro1970#1342 scottybro1970 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I appreciate all the feedback guys, but l don't think l would be able to do the elite missions. I would probably be one shotted on both ground and space.
  • Options
    postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    NTTE and DRSE are pretty easy in a decent pug, honnestly the group would carry you and not notice, in a really bad pug or with a griefer drse can become a mess.

NTTE is Tholians so avoid radiation weapons and get the free dyson ev suit. DRSE is elachi who have good shields, so use shield bypassing weapons like 116b or shotgun and easy peasy. In both you can always slot some team boosting abilities instead of all damage dealing ones.

Elite ground is best played for fun rather than with a view to upgrades, fun that supplies some nice loot.
  • Options
    tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    Hmm, was interested in the topic and just checked on the PS4. No elite queues are offered currently for either ground or space. We had them before so not sure what happened to them.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I've been getting a few from Admiralty. Is where I get all mine. Slow, but I prefer to make normal Superior upgrades.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I appreciate all the feedback guys, but l don't think l would be able to do the elite missions. I would probably be one shotted on both ground and space.

Well, you just don't jump into elite missions cold. You build up to it by first playing normal a couple of times to get familiar with the mission, then go on to advanced to see if you can survive on harder difficulty as well attempting to complete the optional objectives. In elite, the optional objectives are mandatory.
  • Options
    scottybro1970#1342 scottybro1970 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    That might be my problem. I will seeig l can craft the regular superior tech upgrade and see what happens. I have got none from admiralty yet.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    "Is there a reasonably quick way to get this?"

That's why it's around 200k EC per piece. The price is a reflection of the rarity in obtaining. If it was quick for all, they would be cheap.
  • Options
    lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    What do you actually use it for? I've got a bunch via admiralty missions but never gotten around to looking up what to do with it.
  • Options
    needsofsomeneedsofsome Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    R&D to craft the top end upgrade things for each school.
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    It's been a while, but the last time I checked it is actually cheaper to just buy the upgrade than it is to buy the mats to make the upgrade.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    zzzspina01zzzspina01 Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    ha scottybro1970. a year ago I had a bad arm and couldn't realy play. so all I did was log in and do and the boff quest, admerality and R&D every day. I whent from level 50-60. in lest than a month. so even if you don't have time to play. just quickly log in and do that once a day. you should level up a little quicker.
    I cant brain I have the dumb
  • Options
    edrogenedrogen Member Posts: 202 Arc User
    arionisa wrote: »
    It's been a while, but the last time I checked it is actually cheaper to just buy the upgrade than it is to buy the mats to make the upgrade.

still true
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Now if you collect the pieces it's cheaper to manufacture the upgrade than to buy it. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg