test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

One place we haven't explored.

Subspace domains.

Since the new launch of the next series of Star Trek is set in the past, I'd love to be able to get my fix from this game in the form of storylines.
You guys did awesome with the delta quadrant! It answered alot for me as a fan! I loved the return of the characters that was amazing!

What I'd like to see though in upcoming seasons is post voyager exploration of subspace domains. Time has been seen, exploring new worlds has been a thing for a long time in the series and i don't mind that but by now there should be a science ship, particularly in the 25th century that explores subspace domains, Geordi described them as an infinite honeycomb each cell representing a different subspace domain. You could do so much with that alone!

Thanks!

Comments

• starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    We already explored a few subspace domains with the Solanae and Elachi. Then there is parallel universes with the Fluid Universe, Mirror Universe, and Kelvin Universe. Although I suspect they are the Fluid-STO Universe, Mirror-STO Universe, and Kelvin-STO Universe and not the parallel universes we saw in the TV series and movies.
  • thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    That would be neat and it's something they could do someday if they run out of places in the Milky Way to explore, but I doubt that will happen anytime soon. I'd still like to see the Andromeda galaxy myself, but Subspace could also be interesting. Easier to get to too.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    One place we haven't explored? *insert Uranus joke here*

if you stand in your garden on a bright night and put your head between your knees you can see it quite clearly.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User

that reminds me of a semi-star trek-related joke from married, with children
    Kelly: A fat woman comes to the gate today, her muumuu covering what must have been three or four heinies. Now she could exit through an itty-bitty turnstile or a huge gate - guess which one she chooses! A line was forming. So I went and got a tub of butter from the Delta Burke "Let's Get Big" exhibit and oiled her up; then I went over to Star Trek Land, hotwired the Enterprise and sent it up where no man has gone before. She goes flying like a vegetable out of Dad's mouth, right into "The Facts of Life" fan club pavilion. Thank God it's always empty. Can somebody give me a reason to live?
    ​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User

We don't need more of those, we got enough of those sort of infantile jokes in ESD/Zone chat as is. :/
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    edited April 2017
    Subspace domains.

Since the new launch of the next series of Star Trek is set in the past, I'd love to be able to get my fix from this game in the form of storylines.
    You guys did awesome with the delta quadrant! It answered alot for me as a fan! I loved the return of the characters that was amazing!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but that seems to be a contradiction there.

On the one hand, you're not that keen on Discovery because it's set in the past. So not exploring new parts of the Star Trek universe. But on the other hand, you were excited by the Delta Rising storyline, for bringing all those past characters back into the current storyline, which also doesn't explore new parts of the Star Trek universe.

It's one of the things that I never quite understood about the fanbase in this forum. The whole "legacy" idea is far more of a Star Wars trope than Star Trek.

In Star Wars, it's legacy legacy legacy. Luke's father. Vader as a kid. Han and Leia's kid. Generation after generation are linked.

In Star Trek, it's Kirk and his crew. Picard and his crew. Sisko and his crew. Janeway and her crew. Archer and his crew. Every new series eschews legacy and connection like that.

Discovery may be set in the past, but it's going to be a whole new crew.

Part of the thing I don't like about STO storylines is when they try and add in the legacy stuff. Luckily they try and balance it a bit. So while there's a Sulu descendant, there's also a whole NEW captain of the enterprise. For every appearance of Scotty or Chekov we get, we also get guys like Kurland. For every Sela there's a Tovan.

But more to the point, if you're not interested in Discovery because it takes place in the past and thus is hampered by canon and time period in established star trek lore, why did you like Delta Rising which was equally hampered by canon and previously established lore because it used so much of the Voyager cast and crew?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    @snoggymack22

It's possible that English isn't the OP's native language. I believe the request is two-fold: 1) he wants a ST: Discovery tie-in with STO in the form of storyline missions, possibly related to time travel, 2) he wants to see us explore subspace in the 25th century.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't we (from the Romulan point of view) go into subspace to take out the Elachi base?
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh. If that's the case, yeah, I totally misunderstood!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]