test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Which Doctor Who Characters/Monsters would you like to see again on TV

wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
That's it, if you could have any monster, companion, favourite character from any era of the show, be it TV, novel, audio, comic, etc, make a return on the TV show, who/what would it be and why?

Best Answers

• Options
    orondisorondis Member Posts: 1,447 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Romana.

She's pretty much a female Doctor without being the Doctor regenerated into a woman. She's really one of the few Time Lords the Doctor got on well with.

Why bring her back? She's a fun character and it would be great to have the Doctor play off a character who has a similar background to him. Even better if the Master is there.
    Previously Alendiak
    Daizen - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
    Selia - Lvl 60 Tactical - Eclipse
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    The Doctor's daughter, she was an interesting character. It would be nice to see her back
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      Answer ✓
      orondis wrote: »
      Romana.

She's pretty much a female Doctor without being the Doctor regenerated into a woman. She's really one of the few Time Lords the Doctor got on well with.

Why bring her back? She's a fun character and it would be great to have the Doctor play off a character who has a similar background to him. Even better if the Master is there.

I'd love this too, she's great on audio as well, with great casting choices too, Mary Tamm, Lalla Ward and Juliet Landau
    • Options
      artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
      Answer ✓
      The War Chief.​​
      22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
      Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
      JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
      'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
      'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
      '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
      'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
      '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    • Options
      Answer ✓
      artan42 wrote: »
      The War Chief.​​

I've been waiting for this one since I first saw the War Games

Another one I've been waiting for is Iris Wildthyme, played by Katy Manning
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HogmRDZGkHE
    • Options
      coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 9,653 Arc User
      Answer ✓
      The Pondses
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      Answer ✓
      The Pater Noster Gang, hooves down. No element of Dr. Who shows me how schizophrenic I am in that regard - I really hate almost everything Moffat introduced in his time as show runner, except this one which I'd want a whole spinoff show off.
      coldnapalm wrote: »
      The Pondses

michael-scott-no.gif

pig-2.gif​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      edited March 2017 Answer ✓
      angrytarg wrote: »
      The Pater Noster Gang, hooves down. No element of Dr. Who shows me how schizophrenic I am in that regard - I really hate almost everything Moffat introduced in his time as show runner, except this one which I'd want a whole spinoff show off.​​

Jago and Litefoot.....and Strax https://www.bigfinish.com/img/release/jago_litefoot_strax_cover_large.jpg
    • Options
      shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
      Answer ✓
      The Voord. We need more blokes in wetsuits with silly hats.
      8b6YIel.png?1
    • Options
      Answer ✓
      The Eleven, we need more interesting renegade Time Lords

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syAjcWpcSZA
    • Options
      rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
      Answer ✓
      Can I vote for the 10th Doctor? David Tennant was awesome.
      db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
      I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
      The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    • Options
      Answer ✓
      rattler2 wrote: »
      Can I vote for the 10th Doctor? David Tennant was awesome.

Of course you can, I did say anyone from the Doctor Who universe after all
    • Options
      starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
      Answer ✓
      In that case: we didn't see nearly enough of Nine. Failing that, Doctor's Daughter.
      "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
      — Sabaton, "Great War"
      VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
    • Options
      angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
      Answer ✓
      starswordc wrote: »
      In that case: we didn't see nearly enough of Nine. (...)

I agree (the daughter angle was a bit meh in my opinion). Unfortunately, Eccleston has voiced his most definitive "never again" on Who. I think he really, really didn't get along with RTD...​​
      lFC4bt2.gif
      ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
      "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
      "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
      "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    • Options
      Answer ✓
      angrytarg wrote: »
      starswordc wrote: »
      In that case: we didn't see nearly enough of Nine. (...)

I agree (the daughter angle was a bit meh in my opinion). Unfortunately, Eccleston has voiced his most definitive "never again" on Who. I think he really, really didn't get along with RTD...​​

I really hope he comes back, even if it's just the Big Finish audio's, we need more 9 (or 10 as I call him, I consider War to be the Doctor, even if he never did)
    • Options
      edited April 2017 Answer ✓

John Simm returning as the Master

Answers