test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"GameClient.exe is not responding"

rectiirectii Member Posts: 30 Arc User
I have been getting this almost constantly ever since the March 9/10 patch. I have never seen this before the patch. The transition screen will freeze up and roughly 40% (which is about where the game checks to see if it has to load any files) and I have to close out and restart. This is unbelievably annoying, as it also happens going into PvE events as well.

Please fix this, Cryptic. Anyone else having this problem, post here...
The Game itself is nothing. The playing of it...? Everything !!

Comments

• Options
    ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    Get more System Ram ! Enable in Gameoption Less Datastreaming
  • Options
    ?? I think 12 gigs of DDR3-1800 RAM is plenty. Also, I have a less-than 50 ping to both the patch and game servers. Please read the above. This has never happened until immediately after the game patched on March 9th. I entered the game and tried to transwarped to my Fleet Starbase, and it froze at 40%. This has been happening constantly ever since.

The patch caused this problem, and only by having it acknowledged and addressed by Cryptic Developers will it get fixed.
  • Options
    autobotgoldbugautobotgoldbug Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    I also have this problem!

Right now one of my characters cannot get into the First Contact Day event at all without freezing.
    It happens randomly with the other characters.
  • Options
    Update:

Ekypyros : Although your 'description' was somewhat rudimentary, you were essentially
    correct in your assessment of the cause:

The 'read/write' operation in which the Windows O.S. decides whether to hold relevant data in
    R.A.M. or to 'offload' it to the 'page file' on the system's HDD, and since that March 9/10 borked
    patch, this has been creating a 'freeze' for Windows, while it decides what to do with the "GameClient.exe"
    file...

Do I keep it in R.A.M. or do I page it ?"

Quite the quandary for the Windows O.S., wouldn't you say ?? "Especially since the
    March 9/10 patch removed the instructions to 'keep' the data in R.A.M. from the %40
    'patch file' download to the next map load...soooooooo:

IF you are having this problem, I have tested for 10 days on 5 different chars, without fail...

Once in-game and in a char, hit 'Esc'...
    Click on 'Options'
    In all your tabs up top, click 'Advanced'
    set 'Reduced File Streaming' to 'OFF'

Also...'reduced CPU usage' and 'limit CPU usage when inactive' are both 'off'

Oh, as Ekypyros suggested, make sure your rig has the 8-12-16 gig of R.A.M. required for
    these settings...

Rectii
  • Options
    tokala#4237 tokala Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2017
    Hi,
    I am unable to Open the game at all. Not through ARC nor through the regular "Star Trek Online" shortcut. I click on either one and NOTHING happens. This is a 1 year old computer, it has 2.85 Gigs in my D drive. 297 Gig in C drive.