test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tzenkethi Battlezone Needs More Work

lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
There's a healthy number of people in the battle zone today but even after the best part of an hour we're still waiting for the dreadnoughts to become available. The problem is the same as was brought up at the very start: the areas revert to enemy control far too quickly. We've spent a lot of time today at 80-90% completion but pretty much as soon as we re-capture an area another falls under enemy control; it's like painting the Forth bridge here!

Edit: now this really is taking the mickey. After eventually getting to attack the dreadnoughts and defeating all three within the time there wasn't even an elite mark drop!
Q9BWcdD.png
Post edited by lopequil on

Comments

• Options
    starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    The Tzenkethi Battlezone requires having someone babysit each captured site to guarantee a success. I think it takes 5 minutes for the central zones to have the recapturing process start and 10 minutes for the outer zones to have the recapturing process start. Then there is the problem that certain zones don't show that they are being recaptured. It is a broken battlezone that needs to be fixed and thankfully, I am done with that battlezone except for maybe getting my daily marks for future recruitment events.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    People still go there?!? :o
  • Options

Evidently. There might be a fair few more there if it worked.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    altran3301altran3301 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    It works fine - just that apparently none of you know what "teamwork" is anymore. Everyone has to be the glory-hunter. No patience. Damned kids these days...
    tnl3Zwx.png
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I go there because there's no other way for me to get lukari marks for rep. Oh, I know there's the queue missions, but they're about as much fun as root canal, so I don't bother with them.
    Borg alert.
  • Options
    altran3301 wrote: »
    It works fine - just that apparently none of you know what "teamwork" is anymore. Everyone has to be the glory-hunter. No patience. Damned kids these days...

It works only so long as you have a player camped out on each of the points. Teamwork or no, asking on the order of ten people to sit still and do nothing while other players cap points is too much to ask.

I wasn't even on your lawn...
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    altran3301 wrote: »
    Herding cats works too. So long as carrying the cats by one-by-one to where you want them to go counts as "herding" anyway.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    The only things I can see that could use some changing is pretty much just rewarding player, or rather giving incentives for players to do things that cause them to lose rewards. Ie giving a defender reward for re-taking/capping a zone that is contested. The reward for that would need to be less than capping a zone, but reasonable enough that players would feel they are not being shafted just to get the dread up.

I could even see adding something like a combo-capping zone-wide system, in which if you cap a point within a certain frame of another point being capped the rewards are increased. THe way the zone is made the capping times are so long that you should be having multiple points being capped at a time, over using a roaming strat that has a single group capping one after another, which a combo-capping system would make players see the value of splitting up to cap several places at once as more rewarding mark wise.
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    The whole babysit thing needs to go imo. We don't have that in the other battlezones and those are always reasonably well filled with players.

Team work is one thing, expecting people who may not have a lot of play time throughout the week to basically just sit there and wait while others are playing is not a great idea.

And in most cases you need team work anyway as it's kind of difficult to, say,

- move all the asteroids alone while preventing the ships who are going in the opposite direction from taking other asteroids
    - defeat ships from all directions in the hold-the-area points
    - maintain the blockades on your own

All these things are probably possible to do alone, but it's much easier with two or three players. So team work already is being promoted here, no need to expect people to babysit points.

Besides, I've once babysitted an asteroid point and at a certain point it was immediately lost even though I was present the whole time. Though they may have fixed this immediate loss issue, I must admit that I haven't returned there with the Breach event going on (since I could get the marks there and didn't have much play time at all recently).
  • Options
    risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I hope they change it. And I also would love to see a ground Battlezone with the Tzenkethi eventually. The planet in that system would be a great location, I really like how it looks like from orbit.

As for the Lukari mark thing: the Battlezone is of course still useful for that. Or try the Breach. It still gives out a choice of marks, although it is longer now. Which is a good thing btw.
  • Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    I go there because there's no other way for me to get lukari marks for rep. Oh, I know there's the queue missions, but they're about as much fun as root canal, so I don't bother with them.
    Borg alert.

Except that Borg Alert and other similar queues don't grant Protomatter Microcontainers. Therefore, you have to convert one once a day or deal with an Advanced Queue or suffer through the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I could see them doing a battleground/adventure zone with the Tzenkethi that deals with the new group that was told about int he last new we got, and which are connected to the crystals the Tzenkethi are targeting. Though might also be something that could be done with the area of the "First federation" that is sectioned off by the beacons too.
  • Options
    starkaos wrote: »
    Borg alert.

Except that Borg Alert and other similar queues don't grant Protomatter Microcontainers. Therefore, you have to convert one once a day or deal with an Advanced Queue or suffer through the Tzenkethi Battlezone.
    From what I've heard, neither does the battlezone.
  • Options
    Borg alert.

The Tzenkethi Battlezone does grant Protomatter Microcontainers some of the time. From my experience, it is about 25% of the time where it doesn't grant a Protomatter Microcontainer.

After all, I only played the Tzenkethi Battlezone and Breach Event to get all my Lukari Reputation equipment. 8 Protomatter Microcontainers were obtained through the Tier 5 bonus, daily reward, and conversion while the rest was obtained through torturous hours of playing the Battlezone.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The Tholian Red Alert is better for Lukari Marks. You get 65 with Bonus and 10 without. Borg is 56 with and 1 without.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    This is all well and good but I didn't start the topic because making Lukari marks was a problem.

Believe it or not, I visited the battle zone because I was bored and wanted to have a bit of fun. And, to be frank, the only reason I started the thread in General Discussion was because Gon'Cra is supposed to be the battlezone for this season but it's fundamentally broken. The way things seem to be going I doubt anyone would ever notice if it went in the Support forum.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Cryptic has totally abandoned this zone and the players are following suit.

It's nothing but a gigantic waste of time, even if you use 'teamwork' it still doesn't work half the time. The zone is about as well designed as a 1971 Ford Pinto.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I think they have put the Battlezone on the back burner for now after a few attempts to fix it. It maybe a long time before they comeback to address the issues with it.

Personally my feelings are it should never have gone live. Deadlines be dammed, if you have content as broken as it was it should never have been released.

This product survives on Consumer Confidence. And things like this severely damage that.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    akpaakpa Member Posts: 250 Arc User
    i agree. sitting there and doing nothing isn't team work is just not a smart way to waste your playtime
    my post's number is higher than smirk's dps
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    I think they have put the Battlezone on the back burner for now after a few attempts to fix it. It maybe a long time before they comeback to address the issues with it.

Personally my feelings are it should never have gone live. Deadlines be dammed, if you have content as broken as it was it should never have been released.

This product survives on Consumer Confidence. And things like this severely damage that.

Agreed on every word.

While I have no doubt that it's sitting somewhere on the 'back burner,' the fact that it was released to the live server to begin with is simply ridiculous. Makes you wonder why they even have a test server if they're just going to ignore the feedback and release the content no matter what.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    The Tholian Red Alert is better for Lukari Marks. You get 65 with Bonus and 10 without. Borg is 56 with and 1 without.

The new breach (not the event) is better, i got ussually 115 marks (on normal) of your choice, and with a good team, is quite fast..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User

My exact thoughts, man I moved on from this zone long ago. It was DOA. Shame too for its a beautiful zone, the work, the detail is breath taking. What a way to waste their time making it and then fracking it like they did.
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • Options
    rickpaaarickpaaa Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    I went there twice, and never again. I don't see any point in all the headache with no payoff.
    giphy.gif
    Member since December 2009

• Options
    Borg alert.

The Tzenkethi Battlezone does grant Protomatter Microcontainers some of the time. From my experience, it is about 25% of the time where it doesn't grant a Protomatter Microcontainer.

After all, I only played the Tzenkethi Battlezone and Breach Event to get all my Lukari Reputation equipment. 8 Protomatter Microcontainers were obtained through the Tier 5 bonus, daily reward, and conversion while the rest was obtained through torturous hours of playing the Battlezone.
    I haven't tried the Advanced queues yet so I can't comment on that option, but I would skip the rep gear entirely if the choice was engaging in anything that I would self-describe as "torturous hours" to get it.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    know what will be interesting. if they released it on concoles in its current state
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Yeah, I've pretty much given up on the Tzenkethi battlezone. I'm not sure who at Cryptic was able to look at it in its state and say, "Yep. That looks good. Push it to Holodeck."
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Cryptic has totally abandoned this zone and the players are following suit.

It's nothing but a gigantic waste of time, even if you use 'teamwork' it still doesn't work half the time. The zone is about as well designed as a 1971 Ford Pinto.

Will there be an update in Season 13 perhaps? I hope so and not forgotten like some maps like Defera ground.
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.