test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Contraband Spiking (Again)

lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
Months ago a full stack of Contraband sold for around 6 million but prices have been on the rise of late. Recently I sold a full stack for 15 million - which is crazy high IMHO, but given the current direction of the Exchange I'm not sure it'll be considered a high price for long. A quick look at current offerings shows 255 listings, but only 12 stacks - most of which are a mere 10 units, and the first full stack I could see was selling for 17,500,000 and the other one was listed for 20,000,000! Singles start at 40,000 but rise incrementally to over 100,000. If anyone has a shortage of EC, and an excess of Contraband, it's probably a really great time to jump into the Exchange!

Comments

• taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    People trying to recover from the Great Phoenix Box Dil drain I'd imagine.
    Demand is up.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • tarran61tarran61 Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    OMG, I have over 2000 so far in the bank...hmm...
    Positive thoughts.
    NeAC.gif
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Didn't someone mention about the dark fleets messing with the exchange, get your tin foil hats out!!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I guess it's time for my KDF captains to unload some more contraband. A few of my Fed captains even managed to accumulate over 500 contraband through Doffing.
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    This makes sense I guess. I like to maintain a 'healthy' unrefined reserve so tend to keep cycling the Contraband mission. It never crossed my mind that others might not do the same.
    People trying to recover from the Great Phoenix Box Dil drain I'd imagine.
    Demand is up.

• dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I have 8 toons trading in contraband for Dil each day. Exchange price gets good again, I may have to sell it there instead. Price took a fall after they gave the mission a 20hr CD.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    A low dilex make it more attractive to turn in contraband.

Contraband turn in being more attractive increases the demand for contraband.

Demand up -> price up.

The dilithium exchange is also on the rise. From 220 earlier this week to 255-260 today.
    With no apparent actions going on i can only assume that people are gathering zen for an upcoming (Easter?) sale.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • postinggumpostinggum Member Posts: 1,117 Arc User
    Dilex prices has gone up from 226sih to 256ish within a few days, so its slowly reverting to pre-phoenix levels, weird how its so slow doing it.
    edited March 2017
    postinggum wrote: »
    Dilex prices has gone up from 226sih to 256ish within a few days, so its slowly reverting to pre-phoenix levels, weird how its so slow doing it.

We need another phoenix event to get it down to 200 again. :open_mouth:
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    questerius wrote: »

Demand up -> price up.

The dilithium exchange is also on the rise. From 220 earlier this week to 255-260 today.
    With no apparent actions going on i can only assume that people are gathering zen for an upcoming (Easter?) sale.
    There's no longer a phoenix promo going on. So all that dilithium is going to something else including zen. People trade for zen all the time regardless of events and sales.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.

Demand up -> price up.

There's no longer a phoenix promo going on. So all that dilithium is going to something else including zen. People trade for zen all the time regardless of events and sales.

Sure, people trade all the time, but the phoenix box was some time ago and the exchange has gone up 40 points in the last week alone so that is an unusual situation.
  • dumas13dumas13 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    Well, we did just finish the Breach event and the first wave of Lukari rep finishers came in a couple weeks ago (I have about 6 days to go on several alts that got sponsorships once my main finished). That's a big chuck of dil dumped into the market that people are almost done refining. So we have a fair-sized bump in dil supply when there isn't much draining it away like the Phoenix boxes or an upgrade weekend. It's probably not too odd that the exchange is going up now.
  • discojerdiscojer Member Posts: 533 Arc User
    Well, what use right now is there for dilithium other than zen? We just had a phoenix box event followed by an upgrade weekend event. So people likely have just gone on an upgrade binge and are finished in that regard. Especially since we don't know how the space balance will affect gear.

The last fleet holding is likely all finished. So no more dil sink there. The Lukari rep set kinda sucks except for the visuals. So not many people wanting to buy that.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2017

Demand up -> price up.

Sure, people trade all the time, but the phoenix box was some time ago and the exchange has gone up 40 points in the last week alone so that is an unusual situation.
    That has happened lots of times. The 26th Century Dread promo is about to run out. People are trading for as much zen as possible to get as many promo packs as they can before time runs out. Plus there's a new lock box coming soon and new tal shiar ships in the infinity box and lobi store are coming. There are lots of reasons for the dilex to spike.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    remember also we just got both the lukari and the breach payouts. but mostly it's those crazy kids and their r&d box bingo.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• wideningxgyrewideningxgyre Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    I don't get why contraband is such a big deal.

I have over 500K unrefined dil on all my alts just from playing missions/STFs, doffing, and admiralty. Unrefined dil has never been a problem - it's getting REFINED dil with the 8K+1K limit that is the problem.

Is my unrefined inventory of dil so unusual?
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Contraband is a time efficient way to get 2k unrefined Dil. Just queue up the mission and collect 20 hours later. Great for those people who do not have much time to play on their hands.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    except all the time needed to gather all the contraband to begin with, or EC to buy said contraband if you can't be bothered farming it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    I don't get why contraband is such a big deal.

I have over 500K unrefined dil on all my alts just from playing missions/STFs, doffing, and admiralty. Unrefined dil has never been a problem - it's getting REFINED dil with the 8K+1K limit that is the problem.

Is my unrefined inventory of dil so unusual?

It's somewhat common to see forum folks talk about having spent a large amount of time (sometimes years) farming ore on a small number of characters, only to be troubled by the daily refine limit.

Some folks prefer simply to get that same ore on many characters instead, to leverage the multiplied refine capability. To each their own, I guess.
    /channel_join grind
  • lapprenticellapprenticel Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    From what I can tell it takes a long time to level your first few characters - R&D, MK XIV gear etc, but once you have that established it's easier to run farmers. Still no clue how some folk can run 30 characters or so though!!!
  • tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    From what I can tell it takes a long time to level your first few characters - R&D, MK XIV gear etc, but once you have that established it's easier to run farmers. Still no clue how some folk can run 30 characters or so though!!!

30 toons (that only have to be level 11) at 40 seconds each is 60k refined dil a day for 20 mins of time. Convert to zen. Buy promo packs. Sell promo packs, buy contraband and have lots of EC left over. None of that takes much time either. Some people have explained this over and over and over again and yet the majority seem to love spending hours grinding out their dil. Maybe they're masochistic and love to then complain about the grind cause it's an MMO right? I mean that's what you're supposed to do right? Spend hours griding and then complain about it?