test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Possible to show combat armor on consoles?

d0nomegad0nomega Member Posts: 202 Arc User
Hello,
I'm on the XboxOne and just unlocked the Temporal Defense Combat Armor through T5 reputation.

I remember a long time ago on the PC you were able to show combat armor. I've looked everywhere in the tailor for it and can't find it. Did they remove it? Is it, like 90% of the game, bugged? Am I missing something?

Any help?

Comments

• Options
    ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    The responses to my question about armor visuals (on the PC) seems to indicate that armor visuals are generally gone, with the exception of rep sets, that will unlock the corresponding tailor items.

This all seems a bit disingenuous, I don't know why we can't have a "Current Armor" slot in the Tailor that causes the currently equipped armor to show. I guess they really want to make us chase those unlocks.

"Damn those stupid players for thinking they could just equip something to see what it looks like when worn!"
  • Options
    I did unlock a rep set, and can't find it anywhere at the tailor. I've looked.
  • Options
    tiberious#6095 tiberious Member Posts: 183 Arc User
    There must be a way to do it as I see characters all the time at Earth Space Dock in full armor on the PS4.

Does the Wiki offer any help on ground armor visuals?
  • Options
    tygerzztygerzz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    I don't know how things are on or PS4 but on PC if I see someone wear or doing something cool I just send a whisper and ask them, they usually responded in a positive manner
  • Options
    There must be a way to do it as I see characters all the time at Earth Space Dock in full armor on the PS4.

Does the Wiki offer any help on ground armor visuals?

Says you can select it in from the tailor menu but I've looked and looked. Even Googled a photo of someone wearing it so I know what it looks like. lol

This is the only MMO were changing clothes is more difficult then end game :trollface:

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    Another PC player here, so my experience with it may differ from the console version. Reputation armor sets are almost always in their own costume category, which you must select in the customization window. On PC, you have to first select one of the "Advanced" options (Head, Body, or Uniform) and the selection is a small dropdown in the upper right corner, the default choice tends to be Uniform and will contain Off Duty and any other categories you've unlocked/purchased such as Formal Wear, Club Wear, reputation armors, etc. Terran Task Force appears to be the only reputation with an exception to this so far, having its parts available in the standard Uniform category instead of its own.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    jbmaverick wrote: »
    Another PC player here, so my experience with it may differ from the console version. Reputation armor sets are almost always in their own costume category, which you must select in the customization window. On PC, you have to first select one of the "Advanced" options (Head, Body, or Uniform) and the selection is a small dropdown in the upper right corner, the default choice tends to be Uniform and will contain Off Duty and any other categories you've unlocked/purchased such as Formal Wear, Club Wear, reputation armors, etc. Terran Task Force appears to be the only reputation with an exception to this so far, having its parts available in the standard Uniform category instead of its own.

The only choices I get are; uniform, club wear, formal wear and off duty.

Funny thing is no matter what I choose it'll only let me wear a uniform. I can't even change from uniform to off duty. This game is way to frustrating to enjoy.

A website said to delete an outfit, but there doesn't seem to be a way to do that lol
  • Options
    nightspawn187#8548 nightspawn187 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I haven't done it with Reputation Armor but I did do it to wear the free khan gear/armor on my Xbox when I go to the tailor and open up the customization screen there are 3 option the first 2 are uniform only the 3rd option you can do off duty. You have to use the 3rd option and clicked advanced (Head, Body, or Uniform) then go to uniform there will be drop down boxes for your for your up half and lower half ie shirt, gloves, pants, boots that is where I found all the real customization to be located but it can only be used in the off duty slot.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The first costume slot on any character is usually restricted to uniform only. You need to use another costume slot.

For the classic combat armors, they are found under armor, but you need to switch the upper part of the unifom to "tight".
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    OP. currently the uniform system is broken on consoles.

the only way to get to use your uniform is to buy new uniform slots. as current slots don't update to allow new uniform's.
  • Options
    OP. currently the uniform system is broken on consoles.

the only way to get to use your uniform is to buy new uniform slots. as current slots don't update to allow new uniform's.

Broken or a slick way to get people to purchase more outfit slots? :wink:

Anyway, thanks for the input.

• Options
    skullblits#4627 skullblits Member Posts: 1,273 Arc User
    there's no rush to fix it.
  • Options
    qqqqiiqqqqii Member Posts: 473 Arc User
    On PC, there seem to be at least some armors where you have to unlock the entire set to get the visuals - armor, shield and weapon.
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    d0nomega wrote: »
    Hello,
    I'm on the XboxOne and just unlocked the Temporal Defense Combat Armor through T5 reputation.

I remember a long time ago on the PC you were able to show combat armor. I've looked everywhere in the tailor for it and can't find it. Did they remove it? Is it, like 90% of the game, bugged? Am I missing something?

Any help?

Like with ship visuals with special shields etc its right click (or whatever on console) "enable/disable visuals". Unlike ship visuals the option to do so on ground armor was removed for some reason or another when they added an armor tab to the tailor to create a customized armor visuals. I miss activating my Boffs armor visuals for more intense ground fights; no way I'll set them up and back again each in the tailor.