test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Overwhelming Force, Protons

mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
@crypticspartan#0627 I love the upcoming changes, overall. Thank you for all your hard work.

Questions and comments:

Does [Over] still proc Overwhelming Force?

I believe Overwhelming Force's Photonic Shockwave procs DOFF abilities related to Photonic Shockwave. WAI?

I believe Overwhelming Force's Charged Particle Burst does not proc DOFF abilities related to Charged Particle Burst. WAI?

I believe proton damage proc chance on the Dyson reputation weapons does not scale with your critical hit chance as modified by Probability Manipulation. WAI?

Dyson reputation's Proton damage science consoles' damage procs are not boosted by proton damage enhancements nor exotic damage enhancements and boost skills far less than standard science consoles. Might I recommend taking a look at these consoles for possible improvements?

Dyson reputation Proton damage tactical consoles could use a substantial boost to proton damage to make them a viable option against other tactical consoles.
Post edited by mneme0 on

Comments

• Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    incorrect name usage - the proper name is @crypticspartan#0627

yes, the number DOES matter​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    mneme0 wrote: »
    @crypticspartan#0627
    Does [Over] still proc Overwhelming Force?

I believe Overwhelming Force's Photonic Shockwave procs DOFF abilities related to Photonic Shockwave. WAI?

I believe Overwhelming Force's Charged Particle Burst does not proc DOFF abilities related to Charged Particle Burst. WAI?

To add to this, does the same apply to ship traits as well as DOFF abilities? Is this working as intended?
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    well, according to crypticspartan in his AMA, only things that trigger off an overload firing and NOT on activating an overload will trigger from an [Over] proc...so figure out which things trigger off an overload actually firing and you have your answer, at least as far as what works with it

whether or not it's actually WAI is another matter entirely​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    I did see they buffed the proc damage on the sci consoles. Maybe some more Dyson fixes coming?