test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

TSO First mission tutorial broken - stuck It (Says distrubute rifles)

clawingbearclawingbear Member Posts: 16 Arc User
My gF and I play together, I had made a TSO guy and talked her into making one. She got into the tut and got stuck, so she deleted and restarted got stuck in the same place. So I deleted mine and restarted the tut myself walking thru with her playing in tandem to understand where she was stuck, we got to the part where you drop off the supplies and clicked on the weapon box ONE of the AI's picked up a weapon and one went to setup targets. Then we equipped the rifles and from there nothing happened and there was nothing to click on with no one to interact with. The targets were never set up the AI in yellow stayed at the first target spot (never setting it up) the one AI with a weapon stood there and the other ones stayed frozen. --- If we are missing something here I would be grateful on how to proceed.

Comments

• Options
    does anyone else have this problem? Ive made 4 guys and started over with them trying to figure out whats up. I have the option to skip the TUT but my gf doesnt. Ive spent over 200 on this game so far. Honestly I will get bored and spend my money somewhere else if she cant play with me there is no point. Im giving this another 24 hours. Then I am cutting my losses, deleting the game and will seek amusement elsewhere.
  • Options
    Also NONE of my accounts have the circles that are supposed to show up when you select a mission, since the update. I cant do anything but roam random spawns in space.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    <none of this was meant as trolling i used to design games but quit because people are TRIBBLE you guys have a decent product here (well you did before the update anyway)
    >
  • Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    Have you tried deleting the game and re installing?
    I would also try to contact support directly and submitting a ticket.
  • Options
    if your trying to find the source of the problem, check the changes that happened when Q was removed. the bug is in that code somewhere.
  • Options
    Have you tried deleting the game and re installing?
    I would also try to contact support directly and submitting a ticket.
    the ps4 has no support ticket system that I know about. the only option is "I am stuck" and honestly if both she and I both have to delete. We will not be reinstalling. Thank you for the input.

• Options
    tmghost7729#8985 tmghost7729 Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    You need to use browser/PC to submit a ticket if playing on PS4 on Arcgames website. I'd say it has better chance of being seen by the support staff (or maybe not, sometimes they tell me to post here, too, just in case, while they are figuring it out). A buddy had similar problem and reinstalled and it was go e, FYI.
  • Options
    You need to use browser/PC to submit a ticket if playing on PS4 on Arcgames website. I'd say it has better chance of being seen by the support staff (or maybe not, sometimes they tell me to post here, too, just in case, while they are figuring it out). A buddy had similar problem and reinstalled and it was go e, FYI.
    Seems odd that she and I would have the same problem needing a reinstall. I live in alabama and she is in canada...

• Options
    bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Seems odd that she and I would have the same problem needing a reinstall. I live in alabama and she is in canada...

What's odder is that the exact bug that we had on the PC when Agents of Yesterday first hit was copied right onto the PS4 game and yes, I'm getting the exact same bug.
    A brand spanking new installation of the game and I have created a character three times, all of them hitting this bug.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • Options
    nihilathonnihilathon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have the same bug going on with my AoY character, and this is the third time I've deleted both the character as well as reinstalled STO on my PS4.
  • Options
    bluejaye1bluejaye1 Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Helpdesk response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are having trouble completing the "Bull by the Horns" mission.

We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.

If you haven't done so, please log off and close the game completely, wait 10-15 minutes, and try logging back on again and see if it will trigger the NPCs to pick up their own rifles.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries.
    Star Trek Offline is currently online. We apologise for the convenience and are working to remedy the situation.
  • Options
    nihilathonnihilathon Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited March 2017
    bluejaye1 wrote: »
    Helpdesk response:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand that you are having trouble completing the "Bull by the Horns" mission.

We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates.

If you haven't done so, please log off and close the game completely, wait 10-15 minutes, and try logging back on again and see if it will trigger the NPCs to pick up their own rifles.

We appreciate your patience and understanding. Please let us know if you have any other inquiries.

Really hope today's maintinance fixes it for a change(I have my doubts due to their track record of lengthy bug fix delays, ex. it took them an entire expansion later and a rework on the PC to fix the star clusters being a positional nightmare back when you actually had to enter their zone to set up the doff assignment chains), because I've seen that recommended on other sites, such as Reddit, for those with the same issue. And at least for me, it didn't fix squat...
  • Options
    eliteflameboi#1618 eliteflameboi Member Posts: 1 New User
    Glad It's not just me...3 characters later I gave up.